Hauntcast show announcements [Archive] - HauntForum

Hauntcast show announcements

HauntCast
12-09-2008, 02:58 PM
If there is anyone who wants me to announce an upcoming event on Hauntcast let me know ASAP, the show launches Friday.

Fiend4Halloween
12-09-2008, 07:18 PM
how do we go about getting the Hauntcast? I'd really love to listen.

HauntCast
12-09-2008, 07:31 PM
It will be available at www.hauntcast.net and on iTunes. The website will be officially up and running this Friday to coincide with the show launch. Enjoy!
Be brutally honest with your critiques, I can take it. "Thank you sir may I have another":)

pyro
12-09-2008, 10:26 PM
What time

Frighteners Entertainment
12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm looking forward to it Chris!!!

HauntCast
12-10-2008, 08:36 AM
It will be available anytime to stream or download at www.hauntcast.net or on iTunes. The show gets uploaded and is available anytime to listen. Just perfect for Holiday listening with the kith and kin:)
Rating PG-13

HauntCast
01-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Hauntcast 3 in Re-D is available now! This 2 part episode is over 1.5 hours of haunting goodness with your fearless leader, Larry Mac and hack master Otaku. Rev is back with theater of the mind and of course horror god Johnny Thunder. Spread the word.

Frighteners Entertainment
01-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm drooling....

Terrormaster
01-27-2009, 09:30 PM
itunes downloading now - gonna fetch my ipod to sync :D

Garage-Of-Evil
01-28-2009, 04:45 PM
great work chris!

Hauntiholik
01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
I know this is getting old...but...I loved the show!

Revenant
01-28-2009, 09:58 PM
From you Hauntie.... it never gets old! *bask, bask, bask...*
heehee :p
I'm only one of the contributing "assistants" and it still makes me feel warm & fuzzy to hear it!

Draik41895
02-05-2009, 07:57 PM
whens the next one?

HauntCast
02-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Next show is due 2/27 maybe sooner. I'll run a promo next week to give you a taste. Stolloween is my interview. I'm excited.

Draik41895
02-05-2009, 08:56 PM
OMG that'll be awesome!!!!

krough
02-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Im really enjoying the shows, great job!

HauntCast
02-15-2009, 11:17 AM
I just released a promo for episode 4. The release date in Friday 2/27 featuring mache master Stolloween, the Top 10 most horrendous haunt names, Rev's Theater of the mind, JT's review of Friday the 13th, prizes and more.

HauntCast
02-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Alright me minions, feast on the audio delicacy that is Hauntcast 4 The final chapter. Available at a web sit near you.

Dr Morbius
02-26-2009, 01:30 AM
YES!!!! I'm going to go listen now...WOOT!

Dr Morbius
02-26-2009, 04:22 AM
Ok, I'm back and I heard it. Eh, it's ok...

If you like thoroughly kickass haunt related entertainment!

The shows just keep getting better, terrific job guys!

The Bloodshed Brothers
02-26-2009, 04:37 AM
words cannot describe the awesome-ness

Sinister
02-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Just have to say, Chris, great show, man (Hauntcast IV: The Final Chapter) Thanks to you and my bud, JT, for the "props." A lot of things are afoot as far as the writing projects go. Hopefully, something will pan out soon. If it does, you guys will be some of the first to know.

Stay tuned!

Again, kick ass show. Keep up the good work! Sinister

Revenant
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
yep... I think this little show is coming together quite nicely. Listened to it at work today. Almost shot coffee out of my nose at the remark about Hemlock Dench looking like a card carrying... nah, I won't spoil it... :D And I love the Ask the Garage segment. That was needed.

Am I going to have to start faking a New England accent? I'm starting to feel out of place here.

Johnny Thunder
02-27-2009, 09:24 PM
"Rated Har Rorror Movie"......I was channeling my inner Scooby Doo :)

That, and I had one too many Troeggs Imperial Amber Nugget Nectars.........:)

Another great show from Chris, Rev and the GOE - and like I said, hoping the success of the rated R horror helps our good friend Sinister get some of his scripts done and in the theaters!!!

New England accent? Geez - mine's bad enough I can't do another one...

Thanks for listening (well, if you don't fast forward through my segment LOL)..........

Later and stay scary!!

Ghostess
03-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I have a feeling a little southern accent will pop in there for the next episode at least...

Garage-Of-Evil
03-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Sweet. I needed to calibrate my y'all-o-meter. This should be a big help.

Terrormaster
03-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Rev, don't change it man - there's a Rod Serling quality to your voice that fits your segment perfectly.

HauntCast
03-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Ghostess, I'll turn up my Bahstin accent and that will cancel out your southern.

HouseBloodthorn
03-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Hell, Johnny, I fast forward thru Baker to get to you and Rev and the gurus. LMAO! And now the Prop Guys are gonna keep that Baker-button busy too.

(Having fun with ya, Chris...payback for "The Haunt of Miss Rose--ie O'Donnell"...lol. You know I love ya.)

Seriously though... Great show one and ALL. It keeps getting better and better. Looking forward to some of the upcoming guests, too. Keep up the stellar work, guys!

"The kids're in the yahd, not too fah from the cah."
Roy Scheider - Jaws

TheEvilSquire
03-03-2009, 09:04 PM
It is an excellent program and I look forward to the next one.
TES

Revenant
03-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Rev, don't change it man - there's a Rod Serling quality to your voice that fits your segment perfectly.
TM --
You've just compared me to one of my greatest icons as I was growing up... I am honored and humbled. Thank you.

Ghostess
03-04-2009, 10:41 AM
I have to agree... I couldn't place who your voice reminded me of Rev... Serling-esque sexy!

HauntCast
03-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Is anyone having problems with the site? If you have IE can you check to see if it works fine for you?

Ghostess
03-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Works fine in IE and Firefox here.

Mr_Chicken
03-07-2009, 02:05 AM
I've had some issues with the sound files loading all the way (the player seems to think the show is only, say, 9:32 instead of the full length), but I think that's more an issue of my internet connection dropping out before it loads completely. I'm using Google Chrome.

HauntCast
03-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Hauntcast 5 ~ Son of Hauntcast is available now at www.hauntcast.net, Itunes and Zune featuring Revenant with Theater of the mind and News from beyond, Johnny Thunder with Fright Flicks and horror reviews, The prop guys with Letters to the Garage, Top 10, music, foolishness and an interview with Ghostess Deanna.

HauntCast
04-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Hauntcast returns to penetrate your soul on April 24. G/Hosted by me with Revenant, Johnny Thunder, the Prop guys, and special Haunting Guru guests legendary haunters and author of How to haunt your house Lynne & Shawn Mitchell.
Promo available now.

HauntCast
04-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Hauntcast 6 ~ Curse of Hauntcast is available now at www.hauntcast.net featuring G/Host Chris Baker, Revenant with haunt News from Beyond and Theater of the mind, the Props Guys with Letters 2 the Garage, Johnny Thunder with Fright Flicks & Horror Reviews, music, and an interview with haunt gurus Lynne and Shawn Mitchell.
Grab a cocktail and get it while it's hot!

HauntCast
04-25-2009, 04:40 PM
I am tossing around the idea of doing a smaller show midmonth, so Hauntcast would be bi-monthly. The mid-month show wouldn't have the full length show segments (Theater of the mind, Fright Flick, Letters to the garage). If I did this what should I add? Any suggestion for segments or content?
Please PM on suggestions. Thanks.

HauntCast
05-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Hauntcast 6.5 now playing! Featuring Interviews with Nox Arcana & Froggy’s, also Chris Davis and Leonard Pickle at Hauntcon.
This is a readers digest version of HC filled with interviews and call-in from the various Haunter conventions over the last month or 2.
Episode 7 due out 5/29.

Dr Morbius
05-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Every bit as entertaining as the full version...knee deep in hookers and gin...LOL!

HauntCast
05-28-2009, 10:52 AM
The Scream Team is back featuring G/Host Chris Baker, Revenant with Theater of the Mind & News from Beyond, Johnny Thunder with Fright Flicks & Horror Reviews, The Prop Guys with Letters 2 the Garage, music, Top 10 ways to tell if you are a home haunter, and special Haunting Guru guests Chris & Jeff Davis from award winning Davis Graveyard.

HauntCast
06-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Sorry for the delay on show #8. My DSL has been down all week and is now fixed. I'm working all weekend, baseball playoffs etc... but I'm trying to get it finished. It should be available tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

HauntCast
06-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Finally, Hauntcast is back and seeking revenge with Theater of the mind, News from beyond, Fright Flicks, Letters to the garage, Top 10 haunt terms, Mad Props for props, and an interview with Brent Ross of DC Cemetery.

dionicia
06-28-2009, 07:01 PM
This is awesome.

HauntCast
07-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Hauntcast 9 :: The bride of Hauntcast is loose! Starring the Scream Team: G/host Chris Baker, Revenant, Johnny Thunder, Steve O & Geoff, & ShellHawk. Yes meet our new Scream Team member Shelly who will be bringing you the Charmed Pot segment. Featuring special Haunting Guru guest Dave Bates winner of 2005 Haunt X award for best Yard Haunt.

HauntCast
08-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Come and get it, Hauntcast 10 :: Ribbed for her pleasure is served!
Featuring the Sculptress of Scare LaurieBeast Franklin & Glen Blin of the East Coast Haunt Club Gathering.

Devils Chariot
08-28-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm saving it for tommorow morning. Nothing kicks of friday like hauntcast!!!

Kaoru
08-28-2009, 04:17 AM
WOOOHOO..Damn I gotta wait till late tommorow to hear it! Ill upload to my ipod so I can hear it at work. Thanks Chris!

HauntCast
08-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Hauntcast has so many listeners now that we exceeded the bandwidth. The price of success I guess. I emailed Joker, so hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow. Joker..... Shane ..... are you reading this? Help!!!!

Dr Morbius
08-29-2009, 03:54 AM
LOL! Good thing I downloaded it before THAT happened! Congrats on the ironic success that brought your sight down...er, or something like that.

HauntCast
08-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Hauntcast is back in business thanks to Joker. You are free to move about the dungeon. Enjoy your trip.

darkrosemanor
08-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey Chris! We are listenign now! Great show yet again! Thank for getting the site back up.... and CONGRATULATIONS on having SOOOO many listeners that we crashed you!!!! ;)

HauntCast
08-30-2009, 07:36 PM
I have the fame.... Now if I only had the fortune:D

darkrosemanor
09-14-2009, 01:17 PM
When's the next podcast? Dyin over here... ;)

Hauntiholik
09-14-2009, 02:51 PM
When's the next podcast? Dyin over here... ;)

September 25th.

Dr Morbius
09-14-2009, 03:05 PM
I have the fame.... Now if I only had the fortune:D
You need to bump up the ad costs, based on number of listeners.:devil:

HauntCast
09-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Doc, You are absolutely right... I'll double your cost immediately ... for everyone else the stay the same:D

I should have a show promo up tomorrow.

HauntCast
09-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Featuring an interview with the real Pumpkin King Tom Nardone of Extreme Pumkins.com, haunt community news, reviews of Halloween 2 and Final Destination, Top 10 women's costumes, and How 2 build a flying Crank Ghost as well as music, mayhem and more!.

Hauntiholik
09-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Great segment ShellHawk!

I, Haunti, do solemnly swear, not to dress like a tramp for Halloween this year. I know that any moron can dress like a "ho" and I will be a cut above those morons....and....those...."hos".

Dang. I can't believe that shelly made me take an oath.

"When do most of us get to use a riding crop outside of the barn?"
Uhhhhh.....you keep it in the barn? http://www.hauntiholik.com/Emoticons/girl_devil.gif

Revenant
09-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Great segment ShellHawk!

"When do most of us get to use a riding crop outside of the barn?"
Uhhhhh.....you keep it in the barn? http://www.hauntiholik.com/Emoticons/girl_devil.gif
Hay bales. Provides sound insulation.

Oh, and I second the motion; Shelly rocked. She's definitely getting the hang of this.

HauntCast
11-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Serving up a smorgasbord of Haunt delicacies featuring an interview with the godfather of home haunting Gary Corb from Hallowed Haunting Grounds.

www.hauntcast.net

BackYardHaunter
11-27-2009, 11:49 AM
have u ever tryed to interview the maker of Fright World?

HauntCast
12-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Ready, set, download! Revel in Hauntcast 14 :: Happy Horrordays as the Scream Team celebrates Hauntcast’s 1 year anniversary. Featuring part 2 of my interview with Gary Corb from the Hallowed Haunting Grounds. Get it while supplies last www.hauntcast.net .

Garage-Of-Evil
12-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Doc M, kick ass job man! Now raise the bar, respect tradition, and get drunk before you record the next segment.

(all kidding aside, great segment again for all involved)

BackYardHaunter
12-27-2009, 10:45 PM
great show! im LMFAO

-BYH

steveshauntedyard
12-29-2009, 06:06 PM
You guys all rocked it as usual! Thanks for the Fix.

Dr Morbius
01-27-2010, 03:48 AM
The trailer is up! The trailer is up!!

www.hauntcast.net

Johnny Thunder
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Ooooh! Exciting.

I'd listen even if I wasn't on the show. I think :D

HauntCast
01-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Hauntcast 15 :: Rebirth of Sick is now playing.
Thrusting Groin first into 2010, the Scream Team satisfies your Haunt cravings with Theater of the Mind, The Charmed Pot, Ask the Doc, Hauntcast Top Ten, Mad Props for Props, Music, Mayhem and an interview with Doug Ferguson the creator of the Flying Crank Ghost.

steveshauntedyard
01-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Cant wait to get home and listen!

DeathTouch
01-29-2010, 11:30 AM
I just wanted to say that I am really starting to enjoy Revenant’s “Theater of Mind.” Before he sounded more mono-toned when he spoke. I found myself fast forwarding thru his show. It was like listening to Paul Harvey. But in current episodes he sounds brighter, like he enjoys what he does. So it makes the show more enjoyable. Good Job Rev!

DeathTouch
01-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Oh, I forgot to add. I know you don’t want to divide Pro vs. Home but it sounded like you were thinking about just talking to the pros on show? Maybe I misunderstood. I certainly want to work myself to become pro and it nice to hear about the pro haunts, but I know I will never be at that level. That is why it is nice to hear from just the home haunters. Thanks Chris.

Dr Morbius
01-29-2010, 02:14 PM
(In my best monotone voice...):
I'll let Chris elaborate, but from our conversation recently he stated that he wants the show to cater to BOTH home haunters and pros, so as to get more pros in to listen too. Pros are listening to the show more and more lately, and the philosophy is that we are all haunters, no matter at what level.

DeathTouch
01-29-2010, 02:19 PM
(In my best monotone voice...):
I'll let Chris elaborate, but from our conversation recently he stated that he wants the show to cater to BOTH home haunters and pros, so as to get more pros in to listen too. Pros are listening to the show more and more lately, and the philosophy is that we are all haunters, no matter at what level.

LOL - You my friend are not Mono-tone. We can call you Sqeek. Not because of your voice but because you make the bed sqeek. LOL(I am funny in my own head)

I am just concerned that the show might be more turning to the pros than the home haunter. I see on Facebook others think the same thing on Chris's page.

Dr Morbius
01-29-2010, 03:52 PM
I saw that too, but really the show hasn't changed...just the intro. At least so far as I know, that is the only change.

Devils Chariot
01-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Nice work on the show Morb, Rev, JT, and Chris, and Shelly!

Revenant
01-29-2010, 08:53 PM
I listened to it this morning, and I have to agree with Doc... I didn't hear anything different about it at all, except the intro where Chris basically said lets all play nice.

Chris interviewed one pro haunter, but it was a home haunter who'd just gone from home to pro so that was sort of the focus of the interview. My segment is written from a home haunt POV, though I guess it's applicable to both thematically because I'm trying to take a sort of generic approach to the underlying concepts instead of a how-to. Doc (and the GoE guys before him) is definitely home oriented DIY. And Shelly is totally about home, as she covers all the Halloween stuff that's not part of the haunt.

Chris and I have discussed this for a while at length, and we agreed that we should make a bit of an effort to be a little more all-inclusive. The pros have RFR, but they throw a little bit in now and then for the homies... I think it's courteous for us to at least acknowledge the "other guys" as well, to show that we don't consider them the bad guys. The show hasn't changed focus at all, we're just trying to not make a point of being divisive. We're all in this together, just coming from different angles.

DT -- thanks. I'm more of an essayist, but I'm more comfortable with the spoken part now. Remember, Chris is the only one that does this sort of thing for a living, and JT has the advantage of having an unscripted conversation. The prop Q&A segment is played for laughs as well as content, so that can be played a little looser. Shelly and I are the straight man/straight woman delivering hard content, so we're bound to sound a bit stiffer. Besides, Chris and I discussed last year that my segment needed to be played straight to provide a balancing effect to the Beavis & Baker pummeling the audience gets for the rest of the show :)

DeathTouch
01-29-2010, 10:47 PM
DT -- thanks. I'm more of an essayist, but I'm more comfortable with the spoken part now. Remember, Chris is the only one that does this sort of thing for a living, and JT has the advantage of having an unscripted conversation. The prop Q&A segment is played for laughs as well as content, so that can be played a little looser. Shelly and I are the straight man/straight woman delivering hard content, so we're bound to sound a bit stiffer. Besides, Chris and I discussed last year that my segment needed to be played straight to provide a balancing effect to the Beavis & Baker pummeling the audience gets for the rest of the show :)

Hey Rev. I hope I didn't sound insulting. It might of came out that way, and I didn't mean it to sound that way if it did. I am more into the slap stick(Not the one you are thinking in a sick way) so I view stright talk in a different light. I probably shouldn't even be commenting about it since I certainly couldn't do what you do.

Revenant
01-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Hope I didn't sound snippy there; seriously, no offense taken bro. Recently I went back and listened to my first couple of segments from last year and could barely get through them. I don't like them at all. Last year I enjoyed writing the segments and dreaded the recording session. Now I look forward to the recording (it only takes a fraction of the time now)... it's the writing that's like pulling teeth.

I'll always be the straight man with that segment, but I need to channel a little more Charles Osgood and a little less Serling. When you're as wordy as I am, a too-flat delivery can be deadly dull and hard to pay attention to. Thanks for the commentary; constructive criticism is every bit as important as compliment (even more, really) and noting where improvements are made is extremely helpful.

Johnny Thunder
01-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Rev, it might be interesting for you and Shell to do a conversational segment sometime with Chris.

Dr Morbius
01-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Yes, and JT and I could do one too.....Oh wait. What the hell am I saying?

HauntCast
02-26-2010, 11:24 AM
The new site and new show is up! If you subscribe to the show through iTunes etc... you may not be able to download any of the shows because we are using the Wordpress platform now. We are redirecting the feed, but this may take a few days to straighten out. Until then, go to the site www.hauntcast.net and download from there.

DeathTouch
02-26-2010, 11:28 AM
I like the new graphics but it looks like my links didn't make the cut. Don't see them any more.

Hauntiholik
02-26-2010, 11:46 AM
I like the new graphics but it looks like my links didn't make the cut. Don't see them any more.

Shoot him a PM with the missing info. :)

DeathTouch
02-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Shoot him a PM with the missing info. :)

Naw. Trying not to take it personal. If the sites were important, they would have been left on. Thats ok. Thanks Haunti.

HauntCast
03-03-2010, 12:04 PM
If you have a subscription to Hauntcast on iTunes, you already know the feed doesn't work. I had to submit the new feed and there is a new listing for Huantcast on iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hauntcast/id359517803 . Please subscribe to the new listing (with the new artwork) to get the latest episode and all the past episodes.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but iTunes wouldn't just replace the old feed with the new.

HauntCast
03-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Hauntcast 17 March Madness is on the air at hauntcast.net . If you haven't listened to the show yet, now is the time to lose your Hauntcast viginity. Come on, you know you want it;-)

steveshauntedyard
03-26-2010, 10:59 AM
I am listening now! Woo hooo

Hauntiholik
03-26-2010, 02:46 PM
I will listen to hauntcast....

HauntCast
05-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Hauntcast 19 is hot off the press...Podpress that is.

HauntCast
06-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Hauntcast 20 Now Slaying! http://hauntcast.net
Hauntcast satisfies your Haunt and Halloween cravings featuring an interview with Iron Man the founder of Iron Stock and creator of Slaughter on 2nd Street Haunt.

HauntCast
07-30-2010, 04:41 PM
The scream team climbs out of the primordial muck with Hauntcast 21 featuring JT's review of Long Pigs, Rev's thoughts on haunt audio, Doctor M gives sound proptological advice, Shellhawk covers the fine art of adding realism to your haunted cemetery… on the cheap, and an interview with Devil's Chariot of Haunted Tiki Island.

Get it now at
http://hauntcast.net/

Hauntiholik
08-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Looking forward to Hauntcast 22! (http://www.hauntiholik.com/Sounds/arewethereyet.wav)

HauntCast
08-27-2010, 10:08 PM
The Scream Team terrorizes the countryside with low rent humor and antics.
Revenant delivers Theater of the Mind and News from Beyond, Johnny Thunder reviews Piranha, the Mistress of Mayhem wax nostalgic about 70’s costumes, Dr. Morbius discuss different types of store bought prop hacks, Skully pumps up the jams and Chris Baker dumbs things down with Mad Props 4 Props and the Hauntcast Top 10. Haunting Guru guest Ed Gannon, the Evil genius behind Spooky World, joins Chris for a few beers and a few laughs.

HauntCast
09-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Here we go again. The scream Team warms the oven getting you moist for the big Night. Featuring an interview with Johnny Love of Love Manor. Download now @ http://hauntcast.net/ .

Happy Halloween me minions, here is your treat; Hauntcast 24 Carpe Noctem featuring Steve Hickman of Terror Syndicate is now playing at http://hauntcast.net
http://hauntcast.net/wp-content/uploads/hc-poster-movie.jpg

HauntCast
10-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Happy Halloween me minions, here is your treat; Hauntcast 24 Carpe Noctem featuring Steve Hickman of Terror Syndicate is now playing at http://hauntcast.net

HauntCast
11-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Hauntcast 25 is served http://hauntcast.net/

http://hauntcast.net/wp-content/uploads/hc-poster-movie.jpg

JT and Chris spew the goo on The Walking Dead, Monsters and Beneath The Dark.
The Mistress of Mayhem serves up a cornucopia of holiday shopping tips for all the boils and ghouls on your list.
Denny sheds light on one of the most important aspects of displaying your hard work… the lighting!
Got meat? Rev fondly reflects on the true meaning of Thanksgiving, haunting and… cannibalism!
Chris plows the dark forty and sows the seeds with the creator of one of the most unique haunts around, DAVE THE DEAD of THE SHADOW FARM.

Hauntiholik
11-30-2010, 04:22 PM
If you are an avid listener, heck even a kinda sorta part time listener and you haven't listened to Hauntcast #25 already you need to soon. Like yesterday soon.

The show is changing format and new shows will only be available through hauntcast.net.

FRIGHTGUY
12-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Just listened to the show and as always it was a great show! I only started listening to Hauntcast this year and have already caught up on all the shows and have to say if there is a podcast worth paying for then this one is it! A kick ass job is always done by Chris and his entire crew and I hope everyone will show their appreciation and help support the show! Stay Scary Minions!!

ShellHawk
12-15-2010, 12:11 PM
I just wanted to update everyone regarding the Hauntcast Live Christmas Party going on this Friday night.

It's official: through Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home), locate the user name "hauntcast," and basically friend Hauntcast. The Skype program (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/)is free, and you just do a Skype phone call to hauntcast, which is also free.

You can start calling at 8:30PM EST, or 5:30 for us West-Coasters-which, of course means you still have time to go to your boring office party. Of course, if you hang around our punchbowl for awhile, there's a good chance you'll get liquored up and Skully might take advantage of you. Just a friendly warning!

We will be answering questions and recording the mayhem live, so if you're in the witness protection program, you might want to change your voice!

See you in the dungeon!

HauntCast
12-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Ring in the 2011 Haunt Season with Hauntcast 26. The Scream Team raises the roof with with all your favorite show segments, plus an exclusive Q&A session with the cast, Skullies Op/Ed, The Oddcast Awards, music by the Young Werewolves and an interview with the 2009 Haunters Video Award Winner for Best home haunt Spencer Carter from Casa Fear.
Happy New Year from Hauntcast!

Draik41895
12-31-2010, 06:31 PM
wait, what? it cost money now!? how am I supposed to listen?

Hauntiholik
12-31-2010, 06:48 PM
wait, what? it cost money now!? how am I supposed to listen?

Draik, it was announced in the November show that you were going to have to pay to listen to the show because of the effort it takes Chris to make the show happen. The scream team have also posted blogs about the cost on many sites and they want to get paid too. It boils down to you have to pay to play my friend.

Hauntiholik
12-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Friendly reminder: Please keep this thread on topic (i.e. announcements of the shows mostly).
-- drama free zone --

Johnny Thunder
01-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Damn - this ep is so kick-ass I'd actually pay and listen even if I wasn't I on it!! :D

scaryvisions
01-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Gotta go get my episode! For one dollar a month...and all that haunt entertainment...keep those gold nuggets coming guys. For a cool article on Chris check out:
http://scaryvisions.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/chris-baker-hauntcast/

HalloweenZombie
01-04-2011, 10:19 AM
What do you think about Hauntcast charging a dollar an episode?

I, for one, think it's worth every penny! I think Chris Baker's reasoning for this is justified. A ton of work goes into every episode. If you listen to other podcasts you'll know how good the production value of Hauntcast is. There is no other podcast out there with a better bunch of people, haunting or otherwise!

If you're wondering what association I have with Hauntcast the answer would be: none. I just really enjoy the show and I want to see it keep going. And if you are a home haunter that doesn't listen to Hauntcast, then I think you are missing out on something pretty great!

Hauntiholik
01-04-2011, 10:39 AM
What do you think about Hauntcast charging a dollar an episode?

Let's not have a discussion that could be polarizing. People who have expressed differing opinions have already been bashed on various blogs and sites and we don't want that negativity brought here. Either you support the change and pay to listen to the show or you don't.

Thank you for supporting the show. I'm sure the scream team appreciates it.

HalloweenZombie
01-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Let's not have a discussion that could be polarizing. People who have expressed differing opinions have already been bashed on various blogs and sites and we don't want that negativity brought here. Either you support the change and pay to listen to the show or you don't.

Thank you for supporting the show. I'm sure the scream team appreciates it.

I wanted it to be polarizing. I wanted to bring attention to the show. I posted a new thread because earlier in this one you said you wanted to keep it limited to show announcements. I think it was a legitimate thread.

HauntCast
01-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I quickly realized that many people didn't have PayPal accounts and wanted to use their credit cards, so 10 hours, new software of $100 later we now offer all major credit cards.
Choose one day access or a one year subscription and check out securely.

OK, now no excuses! http://hauntcast.net/store/subscriptions/

Thank you for the support guys and gals.

HauntCast
01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
For anyone who didn't listen to the end of Hauntcast 25, here is the explanation in more detail to clarify why we are now charging $1 a show.

To anyone that subscribed already and is supporting the show, Thank you!

YouTube - Hauntcasts Transition

The Bloodshed Brothers
01-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Save hauntcast!

Joiseygal
01-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I just subscribed today! It is worth the dollar an episode to not hear all those darn commercials! Good Job! I also got the shirt also!

scareme
01-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I subscribed, and picked up a T-shirt too. Thanks for all the work you do Chris.

Dead Things
01-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Got mine too!

FRIGHTGUY
01-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Just got mine today. Can't wait to get the T and wear it proudly! I'm writing a blog about the show tonight too so hopefully any readers I have will go get a subscription as well and help the cause! We can't let Hauntcast go, home haunters unite, fright and get your subscriptions today!!! Check out the blog in about a half hour to read my plea http://grimlockmanor.blogspot.com/

GrimleeFeindish
01-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks Man, Ill be downloading this month's cast this week. Wish I had more cash right now to get the better subscription but cash is a bit tight. I will definitely be downloading each podcast though, well worth a buck. Wish I could do more, I just want you to know that I appreciate all your (and the rest of the guys and gal) work that you put in to Hauntcast, its always a treat. Thanks again Chris.

RacerX45
01-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Got a subscription and a sweet t-shirt! Thanks!

Randy

Rahnefan
01-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Got a t-shirt for Chrimbo but subscribed last week. Well worth the price. Thanks Chris & team!

halloween71
01-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Save hauntcast!!!!

ghost37
01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Got my subscription. Worth more than a dollar! Awesome show Chris. Look forward to it every month. You know how kids look forward to a treat or candy once in a while, well my treat is Hauntcast.

HauntCast
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
For only a dolla I'll make you Holla!

BTW, here is something new I've added for Hauntcast members:

YouTube - Exclusive Hauntcast How-To Videos

bobzilla
01-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Signed up to see what it's all about :D six bucks won't break anyone!

Joiseygal
01-19-2011, 08:37 AM
The videos are very cool Chris! It is a nice bonus! :)

Hauntiholik
01-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Minions unite! Save Skully.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/Hauntiholik/Hauntcast/Skull-Rating-20.png

HauntCast
01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Hauntcast 27 Promo

YouTube - Hauntcast 27 Promo

When I did the math I forgot to factor in the Show promos and all the website work I have to do for each show.

HauntCast
01-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Hauntcast 27 in Smell-O-Vision available Now!
Buy your subscription now and don't miss a single episode this year.
This month Johnny reviews Vanishing on 7th Street, Scar 3D and Dying Breed.
Rev elaborates on an original essay entitled “The Devil’s in the Details: The Rise of the Art Haunt” by August Rose of Dark Rose Manor.
The Mistress of Mayhem licks her stamp of approval for collectible Halloween postcards.
Denny keeps a stiff… upper lip as he shows you how to heat and bend PVC for prop making complete with video tutorial.
We scour the briny depths and dredge up Bobzilla’s Catch of the Day Skeleton.
Top 10 profiles from my Halloween Haunter dating site Snatch.net.
And featuring an in-depth interview with nationally acclaimed haunter Randy Bates of the Bates Motel and Pennhurst Asylum.
What are you waiting for? Join the ranks of Hauntcast minions and subscribe today! http://hauntcast.net/subscriptions/

steveshauntedyard
01-29-2011, 02:04 AM
I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

ScreamReaper
01-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Great show Chris!!!

bobzilla
01-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Awesome show Chris! Thanks for having me on your "Mad Props for Props" :D I can see "hear" why everyone wants the show to continue. You have a one of a kind radio show going on! Good luck Chris.
PS...you crack me up...if it was me reading my prop description, I would sound like such a dork :googly:

fick209
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Episode 27 with smell-o-vision cracked me up!!! Great job Chris and the entire cast!! Hate to say that it was only a few months ago that I did finally check out hauntcast, but I'm so glad I finally did. The show is unique, entertaining and full of useful information! Been having a blast going through the archives and listening to all of the episodes!!! Thanks for all that you do for us simple minions!!!

infestdead
02-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Got my loyal minion subscription oh hell yeah , hope your subscriptions just keep rolling in

HauntCast
02-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey kiddies, the scream team will crawl out of the crypt and attack moral decency on February 25th featuring award winning home haunter Russ McKamey from McKamey Manor.

YouTube - Hauntcast 28 Promo - 2/25/11

HauntCast
02-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Hauntcast 28 - Plan 69 from Ur-Anus is available now!

Hauntcast Radio for Haunter's and Halloween fanatics featuring Haunt Community News, Prop How-Tos, Horror Reviews, Vendor Spotlights, Haunt Tactics, Halloween tid bits, and interviews with the worlds best haunters.

This 2.5 hour action packed roller coaster ride features:

Revenant's new segment Bestiary

Jonathan from Rotting Flesh Radio

Brent Ross from DC Props is spotlighted in another new segment Purveyor Par Excellence

Guest haunter, RUSS McKAMEY of McKAMEY MANOR.

JT reviews Husk and Dream Home

Shellhawk celebrates the Festival of the Hungry Ghost.

Rahnefan
02-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Awesome awesome cool awesome.

grimghost
03-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Hauntcast 29 is coming to an iPod near you on 4/1/11.

YouTube - Hauntcast - Radio for Haunters and Halloween Fanatics

Rahnefan
03-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Yee-haw

HauntCast
03-23-2011, 07:40 AM
The site will be down until Thursday evening as I am changing hosting servers. I'll then be posting the past 2 seasons again.

GhoulishCop
03-23-2011, 03:58 PM
The site will be down until Thursday evening as I am changing hosting servers. I'll then be posting the past 2 seasons again.

This is a joke, right? To go along with the show coming out on April Fool's Day? ;)

Rich

HauntCast
03-27-2011, 03:40 PM
whew! Hauntcast is finally back up and fully operational. The past 2 seasons will be added to the archive page by tomorrow. Hauntcast 29 will be available this Friday 4/1 and new product will be added to the store by Saturday.

HauntCast
03-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Now that I changed hosting and have unlimited bandwidth, season 1 and 2 of Hauntcast are available again at http://hauntcast.net/category/show/ , enjoy!

HauntCast
04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Hauntcast 29 Trany-World featuring:
• Call-in from Monster Mania Con
• Highlights of Transworld
• Theater of the Mind - Revenant plays with the idea of using video game themes to create scenes and back-story for your haunt.Charmed Pot
• Purveyor par excellence - feturing Kyle form the Skull Shoppe
• Fright Flicks - JT bounces back from Transworld 2011 and slips on a jimmy hat for his review of Rubber.
• Mad Props - We hear a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at our chamber door. Its Great Pumpkin32′s Nevermore Raven.
• Top 10 - Top 10 Comments and redonkulous sayings overheard at Transworld 2011.
• Charmed Pot - The Mistress of Mayhem blows the flash powder off post-mortem photography aka Memento Mori.
• Prop Shop - Denny guts it out as he demonstrates how to make your very own Zombie prop, complete with video tutorial.
• Interview with Haunting Guru - A 2007 featured entrant in FEARNet’s Route 666: America’s Scariest Home Haunts, Chris haunts and is haunted by this month’s special guest, TOBY WROLSON of HAUNT 31.

is Now Playing at http://hauntcast.net/

Rahnefan
04-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Chris I just downloaded it and it's a mix of Quiet Riot and Bananarama. No Hauntcast.

Hauntiholik
04-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Chris I just downloaded it and it's a mix of Quiet Riot and Bananarama. No Hauntcast.

April fools?

Rahnefan
04-01-2011, 05:34 PM
April fools?
I got up early but not early enough!

grimghost
04-12-2011, 10:59 AM
You can now buy individual 2011 Hauntcast episodes from the website. Each show cost a measly $1.39. Chris would like you to buy a year subscription for the insanely low price of $12.00 (this is a savings of $4.68 over buying the shows individually) to support and keep the show going, but I guess that is up haunters in the community to decide.

Remember, if Chris can not get the support; the "Abbey Road" show will be this November. Once Chris, Rev, Johnny, Shelly and Ringo (er Denny) breakup, there will be no reunion tours.

HauntCast
04-14-2011, 08:56 PM
We have some cool things in the works. Coming next week an iPhone & Droid App. You will be able to listen to the past 2 seasons and 10-15 minute previews of each 2011 episode. I am also working on a new run of T-Shirts with a new design and color.

Hauntcast 30 airs April 29th featuring an interview with author Lesley Bannatyne of Halloween Nation.

DarkShadows
04-14-2011, 11:33 PM
GO BUY SOME EPISODES PEOPLE! haha really, I just bought a years sub and these podcasts are cool, keeps the halloween bug still in me! Good work chris!

HauntCast
04-29-2011, 10:55 AM
http://hauntcast.net/wp-content/uploads/show30.png

Hauntcast Radio for Haunters and Halloween Fanatics is available now at http://hauntcast.net/.
- Johnny breaks Chris’ beans and bellows his review of Scream 4.
- Is scaring the crap out of people the only objective of a haunt? Revenant reports, you decide.
- The Mistress of Mayhem leads you into the dark depths of the French and Italian catacombs.
- Chris’ spider senses are tingling as he bows down and gives up props to Spider Ryder’s Giant Spider.
- The dungeons new denizens, the Hauntcast 10 Dwarfs.
- Denny straps on the latex once again to demonstrate home made corpse lids.
- Author of Halloween: An American Holiday, An American History & newly released Halloween Nation: Behind the scenes of America’s fright night Lesley Bannatyne joins Chris for a behind the scenes sneak peek at her new book.

We are offering Tees, Baby Doll Shirts and Hoodies specials with a subscription for a limited time. Don't hesitate, get your subscription (http://hauntcast.net/store/subscriptions/) today.

Rahnefan
05-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Note to self: remember to click the link that says "Members" after logging in...

HauntCast
05-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Big news is coming soon about Hauntcast. Keep you eye on our Blog page http://hauntcast.net/blog/.

I am still taking pre-orders on Hauntcast Tees, Hoodies and Babydoll shirts in the Grossery Storehttp://hauntcast.net/store/apparel/.
We pushed back the order until until June 8th because of some new developments with the show.
If you need a plus size (XXXL, XXXXL) or Small or Medium sizes order now because I will not be ordering those sizes except for the pre-orders we receive.

http://hauntcast.net/wp-content/uploads/haunter-guy.png

IMU
05-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Ordered my new T already! Gee, wonder what the news is about! :D

HauntCast
05-28-2011, 09:54 AM
So, here is the big news;

1. We are redesigning the web site for easier navigation.
2. New episodes of Hauntcast will now be available on the first Friday of the Month not the last. HC34 airs on June 3rd.
3. The new episodes will once again be offered FREE!
If you know any vendors that should advertise with us please send them an email and let them know we are looking for advertisers.

Spread the word.

IMU
05-28-2011, 01:18 PM
WooHoo ... Hauntcast lives! Thanks again for all you do!

Rahnefan
05-28-2011, 03:34 PM
I woulda gladly kept paying...best podcast there is. Glad to hear the news though!

PirateLady
05-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Glad things are looking up!!! keep up the good work....

Revenant
05-30-2011, 10:23 PM
HC34????? OMIGOD!!!! I'm still working on HC31!!! I'm three shows behind!!!

Johnny Thunder
06-02-2011, 07:40 PM
It's coming......

Spooky1
06-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey, JT who did the artwork , it looks great.

IMU
06-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Can't wait ... today is the day! :)

BioHazardCustoms
06-04-2011, 12:03 AM
For some reason it won't let me download that show or any other? Keeps saying I need some type of quicktime plugin. So I downloaded the plugin, now all I get is a blank white screen.

Rahnefan
06-04-2011, 04:55 AM
How do I subscribe?

IMU
06-04-2011, 07:14 AM
For some reason it won't let me download that show or any other? Keeps saying I need some type of quicktime plugin. So I downloaded the plugin, now all I get is a blank white screen.

All I did was right-click the download link and Save Link As to my desktop.

How do I subscribe?

The show is free again, no need to subscribe. Not sure how many of the old shows are available yet, some shows may be edited to meet the new PG-13 Rating. :D

I'll be listening to the new show today!

BioHazardCustoms
06-04-2011, 05:08 PM
All I did was right-click the download link and Save Link As to my desktop.

The show is free again, no need to subscribe. Not sure how many of the old shows are available yet, some shows may be edited to meet the new PG-13 Rating. :D

I'll be listening to the new show today!

That worked! Thanks IMU!

Rahnefan
06-04-2011, 05:37 PM
No I mean, is there a url to tell my Zune so that it automatically downloads new episodes like it used to? Entering "www.hauntcast.net" doesn't do it.

HauntCast
06-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Hauntcast 31 is available now at http://hauntcast.net/ featuring Matt Ford from House at Haunted Hill and music guest Demon Boy.
Get it now FREE of charge.

The Android App will be available in a few days. I'll check into the Zune sistuation.

IMU
06-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Another great show! :)

Rahnefan
06-09-2011, 09:03 AM
That was great. Am I the only one who will miss the top 10?

DeathTouch
06-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Hauntcast is free again? That is so cool. But changed to PG-13? I don't even think Chris could make pudding without getting at least a R rating. But I am certainly glad you are back.

BioHazardCustoms
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM
That was great. Am I the only one who will miss the top 10?

No, I shall miss it as well.

Revenant
06-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Hauntcast is free again? That is so cool. But changed to PG-13? I don't even think Chris could make pudding without getting at least a R rating. But I am certainly glad you are back.

Technically the PG-13 isn't a change, it's a return to where we were our first season... we got a bit more carefree as time went on (I think Skully was dosing the water cooler in the dungeon) and we're just re-composing ourselves a bit. Except for Skully of course, who's still decomposing.

You don't want Chris's R-rated pudding. Trust me. I watched him make it once.

HauntCast
06-11-2011, 09:20 AM
All 31 episodes are available on our site http://hauntcast.net/ and in iTunes. You can now play them loud and proud at your next gathering or make and take. Hear my interview with Randy Bates from the Bates Hotel, Matt Ford from House at Haunted Hill, and many more.

It's last call for apparel. If you want to ensure that you get you babydoll, tee or hoodie in your size order now http://hauntcast.net/store/apparel/ . I'm placing the order on Monday and everyone should receive theirs in a few weeks.

HauntCast
06-17-2011, 10:31 PM
The Hauntcast Android App is now available in the Android Market Place (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appmakr.app220362).

MorbidMariah
06-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I have to say, I was skeptical about the whole PG-13 tone down...but I like it! It eliminates alot of the "dirty" tangents that started to bog the show down.

But yeah, I think I'll miss the top 10 too. One of the funniest things EVER on the show was the Top Ten profiles from Snatch. I LOVED the last one...the zombie who liked long shambles through the town, "looks not as important as BRAINS!" hahaha :D

DeathTouch
06-20-2011, 02:15 PM
They could always come up with the top 10 dirtiest sounding things said from a zombie, which are not really dirty so we can keep our PG-13 rating.

1) I dropped my appendage, could you please pick it up for me. LOL

Johnny Thunder
06-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Reminder - new episode is out next week with a brand new segment (or two)!

FRIGHTGUY
06-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Looking forward to the July show! I wonder what the new segments are?! And who will be doing them...wink wink!