PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Alien

GothicCandle
04-28-2010, 07:56 PM
"Stupid dead end job, dumb mutants, I don't get paid enough..." mumbled Arthur as he walked around the park waiting for the dogs to do their business. Arthur use to have a high end job as an abductor. He was in charge of the transport beam, but ever since the humans had been gathered up there was no need to go looking for them. The human camps were close to his house, no wonder he got that apartment so cheap. He had never lived in a noisier neighborhood. "Jeez do they have to scream THAT loud?!" was a nightly complaint from his wife, Ariana. Everyday Arthur picked up Mrs. Jurnyies mutants and took them for a walk around the park. They barked at everything, peed on everything, chewed on everything. Arthur counted the minutes, oh if only his two year old hadn't broken the family's time machine and this job would go a lot faster. At last when the little mutants had sniffed their last daisy and peed on their last tree and ate their fill of pesky insects Arthur turned to go home. BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP Arthur answered his phone.
"Sweetie, can you pick up some baby food? I just fed Junior the last one in the pantry. Try to find some American, He didn't like that french baby you bought last time."
"Sure thing." Arthur replied.

http://www.hauntforum.com/picture.php?albumid=653&pictureid=7231
http://www.hauntforum.com/picture.php?albumid=653&pictureid=7233

http://www.hauntforum.com/picture.php?albumid=653&pictureid=7236

http://www.hauntforum.com/picture.php?albumid=653&pictureid=7255

more photos on the album on my profile
http://www.hauntforum.com/album.php?albumid=653
Arthur the Alien dog walker

3 boxes of facial tissues = 3$
2 cereal boxes = 0$
plastic grocery bogs = 0$
2 rolls of duct tape = 4$
newspaper = 0$
Duct tape cardboard rolls = 0$
4 bottles of Elmer's glue = 3.50$
crystal ball = 1.50$
eye balls = 2$
some paint = 1$
= 15$

Arthur:
For the body you take one cereal box and cut the sides off leaving you with the front and back pieces. Tape them together to make an oval. Stuff with newspaper to give shape. To make the butt rounder I put about 3 grocery bags there. Tape it all up making a giant duct tape covered body. For the arms take the sides of the cereal box and cut it each in half. Roll the shorter bits creating two halves of the arms. Tape them together and to the body in the position you want. Stuff with newspaper. For the legs take another cereal box and again cut off the sides leaving the front and the back. take each one and roll it for a leg. Stuff with newspaper. to make toes cut the sides in half for four pieces, roll each piece and duct tape together. For the feet take wide sized duct tape rolls(after the duct tape has been used up) and tape the toes to it. Cup the feet over the legs and tape it all up. For the head I took about 4 grocery bags and balled them up in the right shape, covered them in duct tape and taped it the the body. newspaper for the nose. Cover the whole thing in duct tape. Then take the glue and mix it with enough water to make it watery but still sticky. Place tissues on prop and with a paint brush brush on the glue and water mixture. 1 box of tissues. push eyes into the head making indents, add tissue to make the eyes stay in. Let dry, paint. Use duct tape to make space suit, tape "helmet" over head. Done!

for the mutant dogs do the same thing as the body and legs of Arthur.

Joiseygal
04-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh No...not another Alien...we are doomed! Great Job GC. I like how you have a little alien friend for him. :)

RoxyBlue
04-30-2010, 04:31 PM
I love these delightfully bizarre little creations you come up with, GC, and the back stories as well:)

Hauntiholik
04-30-2010, 04:47 PM
friends for the chicken :) Great job GC!

Uruk-Hai
04-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Too cute! Love his expression.

DeathTouch
04-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Where did you get the crystal ball?

hpropman
04-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Oh I like him and the back story is great

Toktorill
04-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Oh, so cute!

STOLLOWEEN
04-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Fun concept and character....bet he would look really cool at night if you put a small light in the crystal ball to illuminate his face.

Haunted Bayou
04-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Looks great.

Reminds me of the "Lost in Space" animation at the beginning of the show.

heresjohnny
04-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Nice, so the humans get conquered and they still can't stay quite!

GothicCandle
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Glad y'all like it!!!

Yep, Amelia was lonely, and Yes, we're doomed. More aliens are coming, and like stephen hawking says, they're not friendly...lol.

heresjohnny: humans never shut up.

I've never seen lost in space.

a light would be a good idea!

his helmut came from a crystal ball prop, one of those store bought ones with a a head inside which moves around and talks when you get close. Mine broke so the witch head got a body, and the crystal ball got an alien.

morbidmike
04-30-2010, 10:44 PM
great job GC he's cu...cut......c.ccc.cu...he's cool

Zurgh
05-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Shhh... We were keeping the 'round-up' a secret, remember? Too cool, GC! I love the back story.

Dark Angel 27
05-01-2010, 02:54 AM
beautiful prop!

GothicCandle
05-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Shhh... We were keeping the 'round-up' a secret, remember? Too cool, GC! I love the back story.

oh, right...ummm...Hey Arthur! do you have a memory eraser....? uuhhh why? ummm no reason...he he...ummm

thanks!!!

ScreamingScarecrow
05-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Wicked back story!!
When are you going to start writing scifi novels professionally?
I'm your first buyer!!

Wildcat
05-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Great little guy. Love the story.

fritz42_male
05-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Huh, yanks are too full of fat to be tasty and french taste of garlic snails - ugghhhh

At least get them to try a Canadian - all those wild salmon they eat ought to do a good job of flavouring the meat!

GothicCandle
05-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Wicked back story!!
When are you going to start writing scifi novels professionally?
I'm your first buyer!!

Yay! im glad you like it! And I'm writing two series at the moment. Haven't looked into publishing yet. Will when their done though.

Volscalkur
05-01-2010, 06:24 PM
That is awesome! The back story really adds to it! The little mutants are great! :)

IMU
05-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Oh he is a fun character! Well done GC, well done! :)

Meeps
05-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Very creative and unique :)

fick209
05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Wonderfully unique, and as others have said, the back story is fantastic! Very nice job:)

Revenant
05-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Hah! That thing is hilarious. And the story's fun... a contest prop needs an engaging backstory... good job GC!

Spookyboo
05-03-2010, 01:14 AM
Your very creative and talented! I love your aliens and the dog he's walking kind of looks like my dog lol

Bone Dancer
05-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I still think it looks like a cat, nice job

Lilly
05-05-2010, 01:35 PM
cool..yeah i like Stolls idea on the light in the head..
cute dog too

halloween71
05-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Great job.

Devils Chariot
05-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Hey GC, this prop is adorable. I love your story too. A very unique and memorable prop! Bravo!!!