PDA

View Full Version : 2010 $20 Prop Challenge Winners

Zombie-F
05-09-2010, 11:33 AM
http://www.hauntforum.com/images/banners/2010_prop_challenge.png
2010 $20 PROP CHALLENGE WINNERS
The first prop-building competition of the season has come to a close and I am proud to announce the winners, as chosen by you, the HauntForum community at large.

First Place: STOLLOWEEN's entry "Buster Gravesly (http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=21060)" walks off with the big prize this time. Congrats to Scott on this fantastic entry.
Second Place: The second place prize goes to Uruk Hai's entry "From Beyond (http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=21383)." HP Lovecraft would be proud.
Third Place: Third place honors go to heresjohnny and his entry "The Wallbreaker Ghost (http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=20890)." I expect to see copies of this hanging from many walls this Halloween.

Thanks to everyone who entered. This year's voting was a real nailbiter of back-and-forth action between the top two vote recipients. Everyone who entered put forth a great effort and came up with some great props for under $20. All of you boils and ghouls should be very proud of your hard work. I hope you all proudly display your creations at your haunts this year.

Prize vendors will be contacting the winners by PM or e-mail and your prizes will be mailed out shortly. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves. The discussion thread for this challenge is now closed and all further discussion should continue here.

The second prop-build of the season will be announced in the next few weeks. It will be the highly anticipated technological prop build!

Otaku
05-09-2010, 11:57 AM
The second prop-build of the season will be announced in the next few weeks. It will be the highly anticipated technological prop build!

Mmmmmmm......tech...

heresjohnny
05-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Congrats to Stolloween and Urak Hai on some awesome props!

A tech challenge, gear heads and geeks (like me:)) rejoice! Dang, I probably can't enter. Oh well, I'll have to submit something to motivate the others :)

nixie
05-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Congratulations!!!!! Three VERY well-deserving entries!

Wildcat
05-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Congrats. Very deserving. Now that your done with the entries you can ship them out to me..........No?

Darn. I was sure that was in the fine print.

Oh well. Great job. Can't wait until next year.

madmomma
05-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Congratulations to all who won on your fantastic projects... And to all those who didn't...you did an excellent job on your entries!

RoxyBlue
05-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Congrats to the fantastic winners and everyone else who competed in this contest! Well done!

Oh, and the REAL fine print is, the winners have to build copies of their props for everyone else who wants one:devil::googly:

Evil Queen
05-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Congrats to all who entered!

jaege
05-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech contest? What is that?

Wyatt Furr
05-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Congrats to all this year.Some amazing props.So many to choose from.More ideas to add to the already long list of projects.

STOLLOWEEN
05-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Thank you to everyone that voted and a big congratulations to Uruk-Hai and Johhny for your fantastic entries that made this contest so much fun. Thanks also to Zombie-F and all the sponsors. One of the things I really enjoy about this contest is that I learn something new from every single entry; this contest is a great source of information. Thanks again.

Meeps
05-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Great entries! An exciting race to the end! And 3 very deserving winners!
Congrats!

KimilyTheStrange
05-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Congrats you three!!! Awesome challenge entries yet again!!

abner135
05-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Congratulations to top three and all who enter fine job to the rest.

Dark Angel 27
05-09-2010, 10:46 PM
congrats Stolloween, Uruk Hai and here'sjohnny. All of your props were awesome! Let's not forget the other entries. Everyone's a winner in my book!

Bethene
05-09-2010, 11:12 PM
congrats to the winners, it was hard to decide who to vote for, every one did such a good job!

Tech contest? well, that leaves me out, as I am sorta tech challenged!! but will be fun seeing what every one comes up with.
(hey- what about a McGuyver again? loved that!!)

nixie
05-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah, the whole "tech" thing certainly counts me out... Hey, wait- If I point a little fan at my ghosts to make them blow around and look all floaty, does that count as "tech"? ...drat, didn't think so.

Anyway, congrats to all who entered! You all did an amazing job and inspired me to try some new things!

Lauriebeast
05-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Congrats to the winners and all of the contestants!

Toktorill
05-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Congratulations, everyone- DAMN those were some fine looking props!!! And thanks for exposing me to the awesome power of paper mache'! I learned a lot of tricks this year that will translate directly into a better haunt for my patrons!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

hedg12
05-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Congratulations guys - you all did a great job. Your creativity leaves me in awe.

Tech contest next, huh? Hmm... :)

jaege
05-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Congrats winners. Well deserved!!

Haunted Hot Sauce
05-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Congratulations all! This is my first time seeing the results of the $20.00 prop challenge and all I can say is WOW!!! It's sooo hard to vote! Can we pick a top 5 next time? ;) (even that would be hard) I am truly inspired!

Uruk-Hai
05-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Congratulations to Stolloween & Johnny and ALL the other contestants. Everyone made some amazing props. It was a fantasic contest that was certainly exciting right to the very end! Thanks to Zombie-F for all his hard work putting this on and to the sponsors for their support. Looking forward to next year!

Terra
05-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Congratulations Stolloween! I loved seeing the scale of your prop. What a fantastic idea to just make things a bit more bigger than they ought to be and in turn they become more sinister. Also, congrats to Uruk-Hai for his amazing new take on tombstones and Johnny for the most creepy wall-breaker I've seen. And thanks to all the other fantastic entries. I was so inspired by all the new ideas in the contest.

Oh and a tech contest.... sweet.

operatingnurse
05-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Skelesconce demands a recount...I think there were hanging chads...

Thanks for all the inspiration. It was fun watching all the entries roll into the thread.

Spooky1
05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Congrats to all the winners. Once again everyone who entered showed how creative the folks on this forum can be (for $20 bucks or less too). :)

fick209
05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Congratulations to the winners and a great job from all contestants!

ScreamingScarecrow
05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Great job everybody! Congrats to the deserving winners!
And a humble thanks to all who voted for my toe pincher!

howlin mad jack
05-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Can't add anything new that hasn't already been said, Congrats to all the winners, and everyone who participated. Had fun waiting and watching out for all the entries, great job all!!

stick
05-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Just wanted to say congratulations to everybody that put something in the contest each one was great.

hpropman
05-10-2010, 05:01 PM
congrats to all the winners!

Jaybo
05-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Congrats guys! I think we have a few "groundbreaking" props in this round that people will be referring to for quite sometime.

I think Johnny and Uruk-Hai need to build something together since one made a prop about Cthulhu, and the other made one that looks like and moves like Cthulhu.

Johnny Thunder
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Congrats!

Devils Chariot
05-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Congrats to the winners!

haunted canuck
05-11-2010, 02:18 AM
A great contest its goes to show that with all the talk about recession halloweenies prove that even the crappiest piece of garbage can be turned into somthing that will give childen a fright of a lifetime glad to have participated in this and glad to see another Canuck at the top of the list. A internation field of winners and not so winners cant call anyone a loser in this challenge , everone had somthiung different to offer.

Volscalkur
05-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Congratulations to STOLLOWEEN, Uruk Hai, and heresjohnny! You guys made some truly amazing props! :smileton:
Thanks to everyone that participated and everyone that worked so hard to make this contest possible!

This was a blast! :D I had so much fun building my prop, but the real fun came at the end with seeing everyone's different ideas and how much creativity each person brought to their builds(the cheerios for the tentacles on Uruk Hai's prop still makes me smile!) and the technical know how (the ridiculous mechanics on heresjonny's ghost!) as well as the amazing shear artistic talent (STOLLOWEEN's Buster Gravesly- good god that sculpt is amazing!) all that made really this contest great!

Hats off to all the contestants!:)

Frighteners Entertainment
05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I love these builds...it just amazes me...every.....single....time!

scareme
05-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Congrats to everyone who entered. Everyone did amazing jobs. So many new ideas. I don't know how you all do it.

Congrats guys! I think we have a few "groundbreaking" props in this round that people will be referring to for quite sometime.

I think Johnny and Uruk-Hai need to build something together since one made a prop about Cthulhu, and the other made one that looks like and moves like Cthulhu.

What a great idea. Can you imagine if we did team builds. Of course the teams would have to live by each other, but what awesome possibilities. Just a thought, Zombie F.

dubbax3
05-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Great job everyone who entered and to the winners congrats.

Hellrazor
05-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Congrats to everyone who put an entry in! Way to go! Excellent props!!!!

A big congrats to Stolloween, Urak Hai and Heres Johnny! Way to go guys!

ghubertu
05-13-2010, 11:35 PM
All amazing entries!!!

IMU
05-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Congrats to all that entered and to those who won!

morbidmike
05-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Mmmmmmm......tech...

I need your help so I can win Otaku victoy will be mine

STOLLOWEEN
06-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks Jeff!

This weekend at Great Lakes FrightFest, Jeff (Frighteners Entertainment) surprised me with my prize from the $20 Prop Challenge….after carrying the large box back to our campsite I unpacked “The Count” and assembled him in front of our tent. This is a really nice prop with great detailing, scale and glowing red eyes. The Count was displayed Friday night but had to take him down Saturday evening due to the weather, didn’t want him getting sucked up by some twister.

Thanks again, this was a fantastic prize and will be put to good use.

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff341/STOLLOWEENPHOTO/2010GreatLakesFrightFestPetersbu-11.jpg
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff341/STOLLOWEENPHOTO/2010GreatLakesFrightFestPetersbu-38.jpg

Frighteners Entertainment
06-08-2010, 09:23 PM
It was great seeing you Scott...wished i could have hung out with you this weekend.!!

Oh...LOVE your wife...she's AWESOME!

And to everyone that entered, GREAT jobs and thanks for taking the time to do what you all did!!!

heresjohnny
06-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Oh man, what a display for tent, I wish I could have seen it!

Uruk-Hai
06-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Oh wow, he looks great there with your pumpkins! (seeing him there like that I just might have to cave in and buy one!) :)

Dr Dark
06-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Huge congrats to the winners, and everyone who entered.

Dark Angel 27
06-21-2010, 07:15 PM
now, theres a campsite to be proud of!

the old count- one of the few good props up for sale out there. take good care of that aged gentleman!
oh. and congrats on the win again stolloween!