Jon Hyers Develops 3DTV use with Old Paper Glasses [Archive] - HauntForum

Jon Hyers Develops 3DTV use with Old Paper Glasses

JonHyers
08-13-2012, 12:59 AM
I'd like to ask for some actual feedback about our development, I want to see if there is any actual interest in this Technical Development. Please post a detailed response here, and I will check them out.

Myself along with a few College Professors in computer science and animation, HAVE come up with a way to use the new 3D TVS and 3D Video Projectors - however with the Old Fashioned Paper 3D Glasses [no not Chroma-lack-of-depth glasses]. I'm NOT going to disclose our process, except to say it involves computers, and has allowed us to create 3D Stereo effects that work on the 3D TVs/Projectors AND you don't have to use the expensive 3D Glasses around $100 a piece, instead you can use 10 cent 3D glasses.
NOW CLEARLY, anyone with enough money CAN buy a 3D Camera and film for 3D TV, that is not the issue here. The issue is how expensive the NEW electric 3D Glasses are. So that is the reason we worked out a way to produce visual effects that can be used on the 3D TVs and projectors, but with the old fashioned 3D glasses,which are dirt cheap. If you watch 3D TV with the old glasses, it simply won't work, but we figured out how using a special process.

This is clearly OUTSTANDING, and my credit goes to Professor Monty who took my idea and made it work. But my question to you haunters reading this, IS this something you would use? For years we've been selling a 3D Light, however it's been more the Party Rental places who have bought it, only a few hundred haunted houses or home haunters since 2004. Those few haunts with the 3D Shadow light had GREAT results, BUT I would be LYING if I didn't mention, MOST haunts will not WORK OUT a way to use 3D Glasses.

So my question for you to answer is: If you could do a 3D area at the CUE line or END of your haunt, OR if you did a garage home haunt, or a KIDS area...THEN furthermore would you be willing to buy a 3D capable projector for $1400??? If so, would you be willing to buy and use inexpensive paper 3D glasses for your haunt or event???? OK, let me tell you what kinds of things will be possible.

1. Most of the effects you would see in 3D movies, the in your face kind of scare. 2. We could have a Ghoul through a Flaming Pumpkin, through a glass window and the glass and Pumpkin would come flying at you. 3. Presumably if I spent enough money making it, I could have a Witch fly at you on a broom. How does that sound?

I already know, that..those RICH people who own the TVS will be happy to have some entertainment like this for a Halloween Party. But I want to know if haunters will use it. If NOT, we may decide to 'CAN' the idea for now and re-open it in 40-50 years from now. Please let me know, I'd like a reaction.

I'm not answering any questions about how we do it, but you get the idea of what I know to be possible with my examples. What I want to know is, WOULD you actually GET INTO this sort of thing. Thanks much, we are working with a Major Retail store chain who 'MAY' fund it in which case, I'll be able to tell you where you can get the DVDs anyway. If I don't like their offer, I may go it alone for the promotion...Thanks JON HYERS

hedg12
08-13-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm personally not a fan of 3D - I've never seen a 3D movie that did anything other than give me a headache. That said, I could see how 3D effects could be implemented in a walk through situation - tell the tot's they have to wear "safety glasses" or something. If the effects were realistic enough I'd consider trying them. (It'd give me an excuse to buy a new projector...)

Now if you could figure out a way to do it without the glasses, you'd be on to something!

Aquayne
08-13-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't see a market for it.

DarkLore
08-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Headaches from 3d movies are normally caused by active systems rather than passive 3d. I own a 3d passive TV and love watching 3d movies at home.

As for the paper glasses...I agree with Aquayne.