FindHaunts.com [Archive] - HauntForum

FindHaunts.com

imax
08-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Well everyone, this has been a loooonnngggg time coming, but we have finally released FindHaunts.com to the wild! :D:googly:

We first bought the domain name(s) associated with it way back in 2005, and sat on it for a long time. A really long time. Personally, I kept hoping that someone would come along and do a great haunted house directory that included maps and directions, but it didn't really happen, so we started work about 3 years ago on the site. What's that old saying? "If you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself!"

There are still a lot of features to be added, and probably a few things that don't quite work the way you would expect them to, but the site is functional and we are responding to every single support request we get (which has been surprisingly few so far!)

Anyway, please take the time to check it out and provide me some feedback, either here, via DM, or via the FindHaunts.com website. I sincerely hope you find it useful this October, as either an event visitor or event owner... or maybe even both!

http://www.findhaunts.com/

-- Ian
FindHaunts.com

ATLfun
08-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Nice job. On my computer your website displays a giant white box in the middle before you get down to search by geographical location. But you certainly seemed to have everything Georgia has to offer listed.

imax
08-08-2014, 08:49 PM
That white box can be caused by the user denying location detection via the browser (it could be a setting or a box that pops up and asks to share your location. I might be able to trap that and display a message. I'll look into it. You should see a map of your local area and pins of nearby haunts.

It's also entirely possible that I have a bug :) if you could, please post you OS, browser, and versions of both for me to test against.

Thanks you!