Haunt Forum banner

Face Off 2012

12K views 117 replies 28 participants last post by  fontgeek 
#1 ·
Just got done watching the opening episode of the new season of Face Off (DVR is your friend when you can't watch something "live" :)) As talented as last year's cast was, I think the group selected for this season is even more so. I also loved the idea for the first team challenge - reimagining characters from "The Wizard of Oz".

Looking forward to another season of inspirational work!

And I always feel sad for the first person eliminated:(

#88 ·
It was good to see all the contestants go great jobs this time. I'm sure it was hard for the judges to choose who moved on to the finals. Matt did himself in by choosing a design that looked more like a demon than a dinosaur.

#89 ·
I really liked Matt's body paint.
Overall, though, no bad concepts. How to pick a favorite for the win? I originally picked Becki for the win, with Rayce a second pick. I think I'm sticking with Rayce on this one too.
All of them have the skill to make it, all of them deserve it. I think Ian, being so young, will find just getting to the final will give his career a huge boost. I would be happy to see RJ win, but happier if Rayce did.

#91 ·
Ok I was able to watch 2 through 6 shows of season 2. I really enjoy the show and although Beki is a really good make up artist she really bugs me. I think the, "Triple Threat" show where Beki did her old age make up was awful. I really like Matt, but I noticed on the Face off website that he was eliminated. :( Anyway I want to watch the remaining shows, but the rest you have to pay $3.00 a show. I paid $1.99 for the 5th show, but I can't see spending over $10 to watch the rest. I guess I will have to wait until they put them on the website.

#92 ·
I get SyFy channel as part of my standard package on Dish Network, and normally, they, Dishnetwork and syfy, have the show on Wednesday nights at 10 PST, so no charge or extra charge there. I'm sure many others are in the same type of situation. I'm kind of excited to see "Monster Man" starting this coming Wednesday evening, hopefully it will be more education and less drama for the viewers.

JoiseyGal, are you an airbrusher?

#93 ·
I have the SyFy channel, but unfortunately I just started watching now, so I had to watch the shows on the website. Most of the shows are free except the last three shows. I'm not sure, but is this Wednesday the last show?
Fontgeek I just got a compressor and eventually I would like to try airbrushing, but no I haven't tried it yet.

#94 ·
I believe this Wednesday is going to be the final show, Joisey. I have no favorite candidate going into it because not only are all three of them talented, but each is such a nice guy that I would be happy to see any one of them win.

#95 ·
I was a bit bummed to see Matt go, I think he is very talented, but of course all the last 5 are incredible and I could see any of them winning the whole thing. With what is left now, I guess whoever wins....wins. I like them all and can't pick a best.

#96 · (Edited)
I met RJ this weekend at Transworld. He is the nicest guy. He is a lot like he is on the show. He was really fun. Tate was there from last year. He was swamped most of the time. I listened to him talk to people, but I didn't get the chance myself. He seems full of energy and very excited about his work. Also very nice. I saw a few others. I saw Matt. I was to chicken to approach him because he seemed to be in "cool guy" mode with his big sunglasses. He is probably also very nice.

#98 ·
I was rooting for Matt to win not only because I liked his work and have been following it for awhile. He is also the only contestant to work for a haunted attraction in Austin Texas called the House of Torment. If you want to check out some of his stuff you can pick up a back issue of haunt world magazine #21.

#102 ·
Okay, so we have a Rayce supporter and an RJ supporter, so I guess I'll be the towel girl in Ian's corner:)

Seriously, they are all worthy, which will make for an exciting final competition. I hope each guy is in top form tonight.

#104 ·
O...M...G.!!!! Hurry up and watch it, everyone, so we can talk about it now:D

All I will say at the moment is everyone did a fantastic job. They really outdid themselves.

#109 ·
One of the funny judge moments - Ve was talking about one of the contestants and said what a really nice guy he was (as they all were). Glen says something along the line of "He is, and that pi$$es me off":D

Just goes to show, nice guys RULE!

#112 · (Edited)
I was so happy with the final three contestants. In fact I realized that I liked them all so much, no matter who they chose I would be both happy for the winner and sad that the other two that lost. I think it was an incredibly difficult choice, these are three very talented guys!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.