Haunt Forum banner

Affordable Projector?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Aquayne 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I am looking to possibly add a projector to my Halloween display but I only have a couple hundred bucks. Looking to use it to project holograms and animation on my window.

My setup:

Lightning - I have 3 main FX I want to use this year. Lightning FX - have one of the Christmas Boxes and halogen light setups. Worked great last year.

Hologram - I am using Big Scream TV Plexiglass method in my window. I used a flat screen last year to shine up at the Plexiglass but was not happy with it. This is where the projector comes in.

Light Controller - Also new at my disposal this year is a 16 channel lights-o-rama controller. I want to use this to run the show and add some singing pumpkins this year.

I basically have to rethink my entire setup this year but I thought I would start with trying to find a projector and figuring out how to integrate my new 16 channel controller.

#2 ·
I'm looking to add a projector too...
I actually bought a used one on eBay tat was listed as fully functional but did not light on arrival...
I guess I should have paid more attention to the return policy and shipping.
The seller will refund my purchase and initial shipping but not the return shipping.
Had she sent it insured we could have made a claim but alas I am out $35.00 insured return shipping out of the haunt budget and still no projector...
Good luck!

#8 ·
It depends what you want to do. I have a torpedo with low lumens for my singing pumpkins. It is visible after dark but not during twilight. I have a 747 and we love it. I have the one with the MH 150watt bulb. they are very cheap, 15.00, abd last for over a year of cartoon viewing at my house. It is not super high quality image. SVGA Looks better than vhs but not HD. 800X600 1500LUMENS. Works great for smaller images or ghostly bigger images. I think it is pervect for the price. If you can afford XGA with 3000 lumens all the better. If you want ghostly images cast on walls or windows try the fresnel lense set up with tube tv's from thrift stores. They are now about 20.00 tops.

#9 ·
Look on ebay for this projector.

NATIVE 1280*768 LED projector(proyector) HD Ready LCD Video Projector with HDMI

I wish it was available when I bought mine. It looks great.
Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.