Haunt Forum banner

The Haunting of Storybook Hollow 2011

5K views 34 replies 31 participants last post by  MrGrimm 
#1 · (Edited)
Some five months later, I've finally finished our 2011 daytime video. I hope to have some nighttime footage soon. My neighbor shot the footage for us, and my daughter edited the music (Music Box from Nox Arcana). This is my first attempt at video editing, so I hope it doesn't look too terrible...

#2 ·
I just spotted what is now one of my newest favorite props - that greenish creature bobbing in the well.

You have such a unique haunt with a wonderful assembly of slightly twisted but recognizable characters. If you lived on our street, I'd probably spend more time looking at things in your yard on Halloween than staying in ours to hand out candy:jol:

#8 ·
Thanks, guys!

Roxy, the guy in the well was all my 8 year old son's idea. He made up this story about this grouchy old man who used to yell at all the kids, so they pushed him down the well. He mutated into this swampy well creature who feeds on kids' wishes. H jumped out the well and scared Jack and Jill down the hill. He even had the idea of embedding coins in his skin. He designed it, helped carve it, painted it, made the eyeball, and glued the coins in. It was a very proud mama moment!

#25 ·
Thanks, guys!

Roxy, the guy in the well was all my 8 year old son's idea. He made up this story about this grouchy old man who used to yell at all the kids, so they pushed him down the well. He mutated into this swampy well creature who feeds on kids' wishes. H jumped out the well and scared Jack and Jill down the hill. He even had the idea of embedding coins in his skin. He designed it, helped carve it, painted it, made the eyeball, and glued the coins in. It was a very proud mama moment!
If that doesn't bring a tear of pride to a haunter's eye, nothing will! Most impressive! :)

I love haunts of all kinds but I have a particular love for the occassional one that takes a different tack. Yours is one of them. I love this theme.

#17 ·
:jol: Nixie, I've said it before but I absolutely love your haunt and your haunt aesthetic. Everything is perfect and so well done, and great for any age group. I love your son's creativity...a chip off the old block! I am awaiting the night time shots.:D

And by chip off the old block, I didn't mean you are old...it is a saying...much like putting one's foot in one's mouth is a saying.....I meant...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!:D:D:D

#20 ·
Such a unique idea, i love your twist on the fairytales!

Do you have any closeup pictures of the dragon on your roof? I'd like to see him better.

Also does the neverland setup have a crocodile? could be a neat addition in the future ;)

#26 ·
Nixie, I've said it before and I'll say it again -- you have one of THE most original haunts I've ever seen in all my years of haunting. Would love to see a lights/fog/sound evening video. Keep up the fantastic work, can't wait to see what you do for 2012.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.