Haunt Forum banner

Animated Deer Motor

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  GhoulishCop 
#1 ·
Hi
I have been trying to find an animated deer motor for a new prop I am working on. Anybody have a link for that motor or replacement?
Thanks!

#5 ·
Goals For 2012! Reindeer Motors!

So, my goal for the 2012 Greenwood Home Haunt is going to be to add animation to all of my static characters. It's going to be a lot of work. However everyone on the Forum has been a HUGE inspiration and resource for new ideas!

That being said, I've been working a lot with reindeer motors. Only problem is, I've only got three left. So, I searched the Forum for a new source. No luck!

After a lot of google searches I FINALLY found a site with replacement motors and thought I'd share with everyone. Here's the link to Kindys.

Kindys

Happy Haunting!!

#7 ·
dear motors are great to complement real motors(wiper motors)/pneumatics, in my experience this year, they just did not have the power to drive anything i wanted to do without stopping. wiper motors are the way to go, weight of your props can be virtually anything(within reason), un less as i said, they are used in conjunction with another motor. I am anctious to start my JIB and I plan on using one to drive the crank on the side of the box!

#12 ·
I would add also sign up for your local "Freecycle" Yahoo group. I recently got 12 deer motors for free last month. Someone was getting rid of their set of reindeer, and true to the group's purpose for existing of keeping things out of landfills, this person was willing to give away all of them.

Freecycle and the free section on Craigslist are two great resources for having to pay for anything.

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.