Haunt Forum banner

Unstructured Thoughts - What Are You Thinking Now?

3M views 57K replies 408 participants last post by  RedonitoR 
#1 ·
Please read before deciding there's no reason for you to post a reply.

I really don't post as much at message boards as I used to. And there's a reason for that. I get distracted, very easily. I'm just the kind of person with thoughts that often aren't structured. They just happen. For instance, if I'm worried about something, I usually don't want to discuss it but I'd like to just state it. Black and white, clear as crystal, once and have done with it. Unless of course someone else could or has been able to relate to that thought and wants to add to it. I don't want to start a dozen short posts about abstract thoughts just because when I have them I want to discuss them very much. It would be more sensible to, in a sense, have a graveyard for them where I could bury them as they arise.

This simply would eliminate worthless topics which no one would reply to and there's no worry about this topic getting off-topic because that's how it starts. It's not about establishing a pattern of off-topic topics. But for instance... I'm getting a headache right now, so I'd like to elaborate more on this post later on. But I wanted to try and create a post for random thoughts anyone were to have. In case the person having them really felt like sharing them.

I don't have one right now, but I could spill my guts about a lot of little things to other people that mean something to me.

See less See more
#52,104 ·
update: The managers talked to the lady and she agreed to wait for the other apartment, so we get to move into the one we wanted. And the best part is that I won't have to move a thing as my sister is taking care of the move for me! I'm glad things worked out for me, but I hate the drain on my emotions. UGH!

#52,105 ·
LOL that bat is adorable!

update: The managers talked to the lady and she agreed to wait for the other apartment, so we get to move into the one we wanted. And the best part is that I won't have to move a thing as my sister is taking care of the move for me! I'm glad things worked out for me, but I hate the drain on my emotions. UGH!
YAY DA!!!!! Great news!

#52,110 · (Edited)
OK My turn to bitch. Rick turned 60. A pretty landmark birthday if you ask me? Rick and the kids decided the way they wanted to celebrate by going skeet shooting. There is a two mile trail around a lake and different stations set up for the shoot. Then afterwards there is a German restraint not to far from there they would eat at. All this is about an hour from the house. When I heard about the plans I asked how I was included, they said I wasn't invited because I couldn't do it. And no one would want to make a two hour round trip to pick me up for supper. I admit I threw a pissy fit. My husband of 36 years turns 60 and they make plans that don't include me? I bitched, Rick said call the whole thing off, so I had to pretend I liked the idea of sitting home alone while everyone else goes out and has a good time. Everyone met up here. My son and his wife, my daughter and her boyfriend and his 10 year old son and Rick. Everyone talking about how much fun they were going to have and did I want them to bring me back anything? Yeah, a gun, and make sure it's loaded. I turn 60 next year, so I spent the time looking at ocean cruises and trips to Portia Rico to celebrate my birthday, alone. No one else is invited. Assholes!

#52,111 ·
In the 90's last week..........63 today!

We're becoming a regular wildlife preserve. Deer, rabbits, groundhogs,
huge black crows!

Hmmmmmm........all alone and feeling mischievous! No lights.......just
candles.......and lots and lots of ghosts! Have fun! :D:D:D

#52,113 ·
I'd have been annoyed, too, Scareme. Taking their dad skeet shooting for his birthday was a nice gesture, but the dinner plans should have included their mother. If nothing else, it would have been appropriate to discuss plans with you ahead of time so you would have had the opportunity to be noble and say "oh don't mind me, I'll be fine" instead of springing it on you without warning.

Enjoy your cruise and take pictures:jol:

#52,117 ·
It's dark in here..... {flick flick}..... lights not working. Darn it Goblin - was that your ghost that just flashed by me!

Did your week get any better?
Ummm that would be a no...... though I did manage to scrape through to the weekend only to get a massive head cold and tonsillitis. Headed to work Monday morning and came home at lunch time. Had today off too. I think my body just said ENOUGH - time for a bit of rest. And then I read this...
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

OK My turn to bitch. Rick turned 60. A pretty landmark birthday if you ask me? Rick and the kids decided the way they wanted to celebrate by going skeet shooting. There is a two mile trail around a lake and different stations set up for the shoot. Then afterwards there is a German restraint not to far from there they would eat at. All this is about an hour from the house. When I heard about the plans I asked how I was included, they said I wasn't invited because I couldn't do it. And no one would want to make a two hour round trip to pick me up for supper. I admit I threw a pissy fit. My husband of 36 years turns 60 and they make plans that don't include me? I bitched, Rick said call the whole thing off, so I had to pretend I liked the idea of sitting home alone while everyone else goes out and has a good time. Everyone met up here. My son and his wife, my daughter and her boyfriend and his 10 year old son and Rick. Everyone talking about how much fun they were going to have and did I want them to bring me back anything? Yeah, a gun, and make sure it's loaded. I turn 60 next year, so I spent the time looking at ocean cruises and trips to Portia Rico to celebrate my birthday, alone. No one else is invited. Assholes!
Scareme that's just awful. What an unthinking unkind thing to do. I too would be planning something special for my own birthday after that. It never ceases to amaze me how family can be so insensitive at times.

Your wife's name is Willingly? :D:D:D
Different!

#52,118 ·
We've been seeing a lot more folks out walking their dogs now that the weather has improved. The plus side of that is we always enjoy seeing the variety of dogs in our neighborhood. The minus side is that Abby feels personally compelled to meet EVERY dog she sees, which causes a tremendous reduction in the efficiency of her walk, particularly in the morning when we have to, like, eventually get to work.

She also feels compelled to look at every rabbit, cat, bird, squirrel, deer, plane flying overhead, delivery trucks, cars that make noise.....