Haunt Forum banner

Haunted nursery

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  joker 
#1 ·
Trying to come up with some additional ideas for a haunted nursery in my walk through haunt. I know it's kinda sick, but little kids sometimes scare the crap out of me...lol.

Here's what I'm considering:

1. Some sort of mobil maybe one thats been mutulated like with a heat gun or just has some really twitsted items hanging from it (i.e. body parts, knives or something).
  2. Crib with movement (pnuematic cylinder to make the gate go up and down)
  3. Nursery rhymes in midi format played really slow
  4. Children laughing and warnings being whispered in the background
  5. Clown or puppet hanging from the wall, various childrens toys/lamp, etc..

This is going to be a rather small room (it's actually a wash room with 2 doors).

Any other ideas?

#3 ·
A haunted nursery needs some haunted kids. When I did a nursery scene I went to a local flea market/rummage sale and loaded up on old dolls. I took them home and repainted them into evil looking little children. Some of them were in a cradle, some were sitting on the floor playing and some were just on a shelf. I still have them on the shelf in my office as a display. Also, some of the blocks with letters on them....glue them together to spell out phrases. REDRUM seemed to be the biggest hit with parents. Find a doll house and repaint it to look like a haunted house as a filler piece in the room, or maybe make it look like a funeral parlor. One of the greatest compliments I ever got on my dolls came from fellow forum member BlackCat. I had painted a dolls face black, glow in the dark paint on the eyes, lips bright orange, and then glued white feathers all over the doll. I stuck it in a birdcage lined with newspapers, then I stuck another doll, like the little dolls that came in the happy meals a few years ago, in the cage with the bigger one. I had ripped off one of her arms, stuck it in the bigger dolls hand, and covered the little doll with fake blood and had the blood dripping down the mouth and feathers of the bigger dolls. BlackCat comes along and says something to the efffect, "That's just SICK". What better compliment can you ask for! Total cost of that little prop, which is also on display in my home office, about $1.97 for the feathers. I found the cage on the curb on bulk pickup day, the paints and fake blood I had here and the doll was bought at a rummage sale where it was bag day, so I could fill an entire garbage bag for a dollar. I'd say total it cost MAYBE $2.50 and I LOVE it!

Another idea may be to have the kids singing that song from Nightmare on Elm Street playing softly...One, two Freddys coming for you...three, four, better shut the door...etc.

#4 ·
Another idea may be to have the kids singing that song from Nightmare on Elm Street playing softly...One, two Freddys coming for you...three, four, better shut the door...etc.
Actually the main character for our haunt is Mary (twist on bloody mary) and I've actually started working on re working the lyrics to that and letting some of the neighborhood kids record it to have playing.

#14 ·
The detailing is unfinished in this vid, but I think you can get the idea. In the scene her torso and most of her face were cover with a pillow that read 'I (heart) Mother' with an 'S' scrawled in front of the word mother. The clicking noise was eliminated with snubbers, and there was a pretty loud, but muddled cry audio track that went with it. One of our actors ( the mother of the clan) started yelling "Don't wake the baby" from another scene whenever she hear the cry track starting. By the end of our run, almost every actor we had were yelling the same thing throughout the haunt.
Mechs 06 :: Baby in action video by Namnori - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid17.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/Namnori/Mechs%2006/100_0840.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid17@@AMEPARAM@@17@@AMEPARAM@@b90/Namnori/Mechs%2006/100_0840

#20 ·
a dedicated and visionary haunter can make anything scary!

Besides... how about all those scary trees people have been making on here? And lets not forget the uber-creepy Daisy that Ghostess made. Fill a little greenhouse with stuff like that and it could be one of the most unsettling rooms in the house.

But little kids are still creepier. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.