HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Props and Prop Building > Foggers
Forgot Password?

Notices

Foggers Discussion of fog machines, fluid, scent additives, and anything else pertaining to fog machines can be found here.

Old 08-19-2009
Uneasy

Liked 1 time in 1 post

searching for that link/thread myself! LOL!
Old 11-11-2009
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts
Default fogger newby

We also have always said we do Halloween much better than we do xmas.
As such we tried to add a fogger to our setup this year. It was a cheapo Crazy Fogger picked up at one of the Halloween stores. (I know you get what you pay for). It worked for a bit then stopped putting out.
It is not clogged as I can force squeeze some juice through the tube and it will spit out fog but the pump wont draw anything through. I have opened it up to examine the pump and kicked it on. I hear it buzzing but it doesnt pump.
I figure the impeller or diaphram in it is frozen.
Any way to fix that?
It is labeled
Micro pump DS8 Type 40DSB 120v 20w
Tried to find such on the web but no luck
Is it worth even chasing?
Is there another pump I can sub or should I trash it and try to step to a more expensive unit
Old 11-12-2009
Frightened

Liked 1 time in 1 post

Wow! This might be an old thread, but it has more information in it than I've found everywhere else on the web put together.

THANKS!
Old 11-13-2009
Frightened

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I just wanted to add...two years later...that Rosco is a professional fog machine manufacturer (as well as other theatrical things). The F-100 is a staple theatrical fogger. Although I am not as knowledgeable about fog juice as I wish I was, I can only assume that the Rosco fog juice is of the highest quality in existence. That said, I should comment that the more I research foggers and fog juice, especially the cheapo Party City kind, the more I learn that the pump and heater expect certain qualities to the juice, in particular at what temperature it atomizes at.
Old 11-16-2009
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I too am having the same problem. With 2 of the Chauvet 1250's. The pimp just makes a weird buzzing noise with very little (looks like its at idle) smoke coming out. So I took them apart and opened the pump and found really nothing wrong or out of the ordinary and just re-installed. For what ever reason it now makes more noise and has Zero fog coming out of it. Alls I did was clean the pump and re-installed it the same exact way I took them apart. Any help?
Old 11-16-2009
Desensitized

Liked 0 times in 0 posts
Default Manual tests.

I am very familiar with this pump. You should be able to manually test the pump. If you wish you can send me the pump and I will test for you. I also have an extra pump for parts. PM me if you want me to have a look at your pump. One thing to be careful on this pump. Make sure you put the correct spring in its location. If you switch the springs it will not work.
Old 11-16-2009
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Hmmm...Perhaps I may have switched the springs around but I am pretty damn sure I did it the correct way. Cause I had the other one right next to me to make sure i did everything correctly. But i can take pictures of it disassembled in order, or yeah, I could send them to you too. That'd be cool. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2009
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to mention something else that I have had no success finding. That is the copper tubing that goes from the pump to the fogger. I only keep finding tubing without the bubble type things at the end were the screw-on nut is. Reason being because awhile back when working on 1 of my machines i gave just 1 extra turn too tight which snapped the nut. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2010
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts
Default fog machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Dog View Post
In one of my past jobs, repairing foggers (along with all kinds of DJ & band equipment) was one of my daily routines.

Great work!
hey...how can i fix my fog machine...it doesnt put out any fog..but it heats up
Old 03-19-2010
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djscarface View Post
hey...how can i fix my fog machine...it doesnt put out any fog..but it heats up
you can reach me at slipknot90201@yahoo.com