HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Halloween Discussions > Costumes and Makeup
Forgot Password?

Notices

Costumes and Makeup The place to discuss Halloween costumes, makeup and anything else related to masquerading about on the big night.

Old 03-05-2012
Volat cum ea suas alas.

Liked 4 times in 4 posts

I've missed most of the shows, but love it when I manage to find it. Have they ever had a prosthetic-less challenge?? makeup only? I dunno 'bout you, but I find sculpting is much easier than makeup.
Old 03-05-2012
Lunatic

Liked 2 times in 2 posts

They may have done one or two challenges of that nature in the first season, but I think they realized that most of the people watching were more interested in the prosthetics side of things, and that they can all probably do standard makeup reasonably well already so they don't bother making that a challenge.

I think they put Ian in that group because they had to have three top artists and three bottom artists, and he just didn't make it to the top of that challenge, though I think his was better than the other two in that group. The judges comments about most of his work being on the back of the actor/model was correct, but I don't think that trying to put that kind of setup on the front of the model would have allowed an actor to...well, act! Those props would have been in the way of free movement and good visuals of the actor's face in a movie shoot. I think he might have been able to do plumbing style legs, or a facade for the torso that was a base relief sculpture of pipes and such instead of normal abdominal muscles and tissue. He could have replaced the actor's hands with pipe wrenches or something, but there would have been screaming about copying the Edward Scissorshands character.

Last edited by fontgeek; 03-05-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2012
Frightener

Liked 9 times in 8 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie5 View Post
I've missed most of the shows, but love it when I manage to find it. Have they ever had a prosthetic-less challenge?? makeup only? I dunno 'bout you, but I find sculpting is much easier than makeup.
I know both seasons have had body paint challenges, which did not require prosthetics. They had the "plain Jane" contest this season too. They made models look unatractive. I think that was done in an hour, and the only "prosthetics" I remember was some wax for a broken nose.

Last season they had a challenge where they made themselves over and were supposed to fool a loved one. One girl's prosthetics failed to come together so she used only beauty makeup. That, however, was not the challenge and as I recall, that's when she went home.

Looking forward to season 3 already.
Old 03-08-2012
Lunatic

Liked 2 times in 2 posts

Did anyone see last night's episode (March 7th)?
It didn't show in my area, at least not on Dish Network.
Old 03-08-2012
Totally Gargoylicious

Liked 98 times in 37 posts

We haven't watched it yet, but it appears dinosaurs are involved
Old 03-08-2012
Fearless

Liked 3 times in 2 posts

Last nights episode was a double elimination to get to the finale. They went to the museum of natural history and picked out a dinosaur to make a hybrid dino human. Some really creative outcomes. Sue's was awesome. She did a version of herself as a hipchick dinosaur. It was cool but not cool enough. The three to go through to the finale deserved it. These required some extensive prostetic work and a ton of body painting. Dino tails are not small. Can't wait until it's on netflix to watch them back for techniques.
Old 03-09-2012
Totally Gargoylicious

Liked 98 times in 37 posts

We watched the DVR'd show last night. I really enjoyed this challenge because who doesn't love dinosaurs? All five contestants did wonderful work on their projects, and I like that the judges took the "it's not about who goes home, but who should be kept". The critiques were balanced and supportive.

Funniest moment - when Ve beat Glen with her notepad when he said he didn't like girl power and Patrick said "I like it, so maybe there is something wrong with me"

I agree with tcass - very worthy finalists. Any one of them could take the win.
Old 03-09-2012
Right hand of Roxy

Liked 38 times in 17 posts

It was good to see all the contestants go great jobs this time. I'm sure it was hard for the judges to choose who moved on to the finals. Matt did himself in by choosing a design that looked more like a demon than a dinosaur.
Old 03-10-2012
Frightener

Liked 9 times in 8 posts

I really liked Matt's body paint.
Overall, though, no bad concepts. How to pick a favorite for the win? I originally picked Becki for the win, with Rayce a second pick. I think I'm sticking with Rayce on this one too.
All of them have the skill to make it, all of them deserve it. I think Ian, being so young, will find just getting to the final will give his career a huge boost. I would be happy to see RJ win, but happier if Rayce did.
Old 03-10-2012
BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liked 51 times in 23 posts

Ok I'm watching my first show of FaceOff. Unfortunately I can't watch the first episode of season 2, but I am starting off on the second show. It looks like it will be fun to watch. I will let you know what I think after I get through all the shows.