Haunt Forum banner

Community Announcement

754K views 69 replies 32 participants last post by  bfjou812 
#1 ·
Greetings Fiends,
Since HauntForum.com’s humble beginnings 13 years ago(!), I have been managing the site’s technical aspects and keeping the bills paid. On top of that, I have run contests, produced DVDs, T-Shirts, and sold advertising all while also moderating several forums. As many of you have no doubt noticed, my presence here on HauntForum.com has been somewhat lacking recently. This is due to increased responsibilities at my “day” job. I am simply unable to pay HauntForum the attention it deserves.

I have effectively transferred ownership of HauntForum to VerticalScope; making us a part of the same family that HalloweenForum.com is also a part of. This will be a good move for HauntForum as it will be given the care that is needed for it to begin to grow and prosper again.

This was a difficult decision for me. This community has been my pride and joy since its founding. But, given my present situation, I am unable to care for it the way it deserves to be cared for. I have now left it in the capable hands of the VerticalScope team.

HauntForum’s current Moderation team will remain in place, with some new additions likely in the near future. Our existing mods are what have kept this site alive and well. They deserve tremendous “thanks” for this effort.

For you, as members of this community, very little will change. The same forums and topics will continue to exist here. Things will start to move forward again.

As for me, I will be stepping down as Admin and get back to doing what I love with my free time… building Halloween props and operating my home haunt. I’ll still be around the forums, just not in the leadership role I once possessed. I very much look forward to being a haunter again.

I hope you all are able to understand that my decision was not an easy one for me to make. It was necessary in order for the site to begin growing again and regain its once very prominent status as a leading haunted house how-to site.

Thank you very much,
Your Madministrator
David “Zombie-F” Lindblom

See less See more
#37 ·
I have been hearing complaints about the changes (and the ads). But I'm here to say that I sure as heck didn't wave my hand and jump up and down and say "Hey! I'll take over running the site!" Nope, not me.

I'm so grateful to Dave for creating this forum, and if the choice is between closing it down and dealing with ads, I'll happily take (and ignore) the ads.

thanks, Dave!

#38 ·
I'm late to this thread but I wanted to add a personal thanks to you Dave, Haunt forum is where I learned the most about home haunting, made the most lasting freinds in the haunt community, and though I am not very active here (or online) I still come here to look up things or ask technical questions. This forum has been such a great resource and a freindly comminuity the debt I owe you is immeasurable. Enjoy your haunting Dave, you deserve it!

#39 ·
In the last 2 weeks, I have been struggling to reply to threads and to load photos.

It used to be that photos would auto resize and load in. Now I get a failed to load screen every time they are bigger than the pixels allowed. If I try more than 1 picture that is too big at a time I get a different message about a failure to check a box of some sort. I can resize and get them to load ok but it takes time per picture.

As well, when I reply to a post it will say failed to post but it actually did post. I am not sure why I get the failed messages.

Did something change in the system that is causing the issues?

I actually tried to make this a new thread and was given a service is temporarily unavailable message each time I tried to submit it.

#41 ·
In the last 2 weeks, I have been struggling to reply to threads and to load photos.

As well, when I reply to a post it will say failed to post but it actually did post. I am not sure why I get the failed messages.
Oh good so it's not just me then?! Such a shame that a change in management has resulted in a reduced user experience for the site.
As Roxy said, hopefully they actually care and read this feedback and advise what the issue is and when it will be addressed.

#40 ·
I see Haunti has responded to the thread you tried to post once it actually went through:)

We're stuck until the new owners log on and respond to the issues we're having.

#47 ·
Dave, Thank you for all you have done. I completely understand life getting in the way and the enormous amount of time and effort you put in over the years. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long.

All, I hope we can somehow salvage HauntForum and that what you have seen thus far (I am only now returning after a long hiatus) is not a sign of terrible things to come.

Dorian

#48 ·
It's Hard to hear this Dave, You were the one who got me into Haunting and I appreciate everything you have done. But I know how much work it is to run the site and am Happy that it isn't going anywhere! Hope to see some more Badass Props from you!!!

#52 ·
After a hiatus of a couple of months, I'm really playing catch up.

Zombie-F, thank you for all you've done here. This is a group of people who wouldn't be here if not for your dedication. It's completely understandable when changes have to be made and I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for you.

Welcome aboard Phillip and VerticalScope! In reading your earlier comments, I hope you follow through with your commitment to the Haunt Forum community. We're a family, we have gotten to know each other here and I don't want to see this site dissolve from neglect from the owners. Glad you're here to continue our love of Halloween, haunting and sharing our creations.

#53 ·
So it has now been 3 months since Phillip has even logged in on this site. Anyone know or chatted with anyone else from their crew to see if people are going to be active here or if we are just a source of ads for their vendors. I mean I see tons of relevant ads too. Kellogs, State farm or allstate, Sherwin Williams, CBS, Onstar, Etc. It would be nice to see fright props, Scare factory, HalloweenFX, CFX, you know something Halloween related. Sadly I can't be ad free as this is a work computer and I can't add anything on for blockers without IT approval and that ain't happening.

#57 ·
I believe this is the same owner that bought Halloween forum and he is over there a LOT. Almost daily answering questions about the same kinds of problems. Maybe someone who is a member of both forums could contact Phillip or whoever, over at the other place and ask him whats up.

#58 ·
Well crap! After just buying a new house to haunt I had plans to come back with full participation here. Dave I wish you all the best man, It was a great ride here. Sorry I wasn't here the past couple years but like you life got in the way.

Anyways, I hope things work out. I'd hate to to be ready come back to my "Halloween Home" only to find all the furniture gone with a note on the door reading "CONDEMNED..DO NOT ENTER"

Sheesh.

#60 ·
Hey folks I don't mind ads! They keep the lights on. I enjoy looking through the archives and looking at new posts. If I can live free in a house just by having anice advertisement sign in the front yard, heck yeah, I'm happy. Bring on the advertisements I'm grateful somebody is paying for my free ride!

#64 ·
I sent an email to the Chief Technology Officer, and a support email address (it@verticalscope.com), both of which I found online, and within 5 minutes got a couple of forwards with the end result from someone saying that it was "Forwarded to our Support team". So maybe now it will be fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.