Haunt Forum banner

Anybody have plans for next year yet?

2K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  creepykate 
#1 ·
Now that Halloween is over did anyone find any great ideas they might implement next year?

I'm thinking moving ground/leaves prop for the graveyard, pneumatic hangman prop, witch stirring cauldron and I still want to build a motorized tricycle with the guy from "Saw" riding it. Oh hopes and dreams....

#20 ·
I always come away with a list of things to make next year better and/or easier to setup. My one big item from this year is to make 12 standardize Picaxe controller with 2 inputs (trigger signals) 8 outputs and a MP3 player. Found myself using some of my stand alone MP3 units for the sounds on my props. During the summer I ran air lines around the whole yard with a tee every 16 feet so that helped during the setup this year. I also plan to make 4 MP4 serial controllers for my Sprite players.
Dave

#22 ·
Wow that sounds like a lot to do.

With not enough time to get fourbanger parts last year I was trying to add ambient music and a scare track to my jack in the box. Ended up using one of my old phones and an old mp3 player with both sounds in repeat and a switch on the lid to activate scare sound. Let's just say hopefully yours ended up a lot better than my mess lol.

#29 ·
Started my proto type controller....8 outputs (white plug), under that is my power in, to the right of them is audio out and program port. The larger box will house the main controller on its lid is a small case that has the DFPlayer and the 2 input connectors. This way when I change the audio files, I am do not have to open the case with all of the wires. Less chance of having to make repairs to broken wires. The 4 LEDs are power, ready indicator lights up when the program timer is ready for PIR inputs or settle down timer for the PIRs. The 2 LEDs on the top cover is just a indicator for me information when the PIR has been seen (signal) to the controller. I still have to finish the board and make my final connections to the cover, 10 wires.
Dave

Sorry the link did not take on this post
</a>[/IMG]

#31 ·
Well, I spent about 6-7 hours per control box mainly because I made each circuit board using perf boards so I made my own tracks. I was out of town for work and made some good time in the evening sitting in the hotel room making the boxes and pre-wiring the connectors. I keep the maid service from the room because I could picture what they would say after seeing stuff spread out. Very happy with the outcome, now working on prop ideas...FYI, the unit to the left of the control boxes is a test box. It will simulate the PIRs and the 8 LEDs are my outputs.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.