Haunt Forum banner

Target's fog machine with built-in fog chiller - anyone have it?

7K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Fright Zone 
#1 ·
Howdy -

Today, I noticed that Target is selling a fog machine with a built-in fog chiller. You have to add your own ice to it, natch.

We use some big, clunky fog chillers that we made out of big ice chests, but our fog machines are going on the fritz, and we're going to need to purchase some new ones.

So I'm wondering if anyone has one of these, and whether it works as advertised. It doesn't seem large enough to really cool down the fog enough, but maybe there's some efficiencies with putting the ice next to where the fog is generated.

Can anyone provide a review?

#9 ·
What's the old saying? Actual results may vary. LOL Okay, I wound up with some of these in my never ending quest to buy every fogger for sale on the East coast. I've got the bigger 700 Watt units, and the smaller 400 Watts, I have different manufacturers. If used properly, these things will do exactly what they should, if you put them outside their operating parameters, you will be sadly dissapointed. These machines have a few drawbacks it's true. The ice does melt out quickly. I think when people are talking about directability/directionality, they really mean that the fog isn't propelled as far out the nozzle (distance). I don't know of any off the shelf foggers that have true adjustable directionality at the nozzle (in other words you want the fog to go a different way, you gotta turn the fogger, lol). If we're talking distance fog with these things, yeah forget it, if you need spot ground fog in a room or special location, these units are the ticket. They need to be away from wind even more so than a standard fogger. But in tests I ran, they produced a nice thick fog in a sheltered specific area. The right tool for the right job.

#11 ·
I bought the gemmy one(which is probably the same one your looking @) after I lost my storage unit w/ 2 professional 1500 watt Ness foggers in it(and almost everything I owned!). Very disappointed w/ fog output and the weak cooling effect...most of the fog still goes up. Garbage! So I brought out the trusty Saws all & cut the front off of it. Solved that problem! Used a 1 1/2" Inner diameter corregated hose and plumbed it into the base of my 5ft tall Obelisk tombstone which I built w/ a fog chiller inside...works great now! Lesson learned...stay w/ the semi-pro or professional models only. Buy cheap and that's what you get...cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.