Haunt Forum banner

The Walking Dead

50K views 384 replies 54 participants last post by  bobby2003 
#1 ·
#62 ·
Here's how they do it on Broadway...:googly:

Every one in Casa de Zurgh is now caught up & not so patiently waiting for the next season...

#63 ·
^ Lol, I had to stop it so that it wouldn't become a songworm in my head. My library is too slow with the third season becoming available, some people watch it way too slow, wth! I ordered all three seasons on Amazon. FYI, it's much cheaper than any store. $14.99 for season 1. $24.99 for the other two seasons. Can't wait to get season three to get caught up to you guys!

#65 ·
I got my 3 seasons of The Walking Dead DVD's from Amazon today and I started to watch the 3rd season. I watched 4 episodes. Just now I am recovering from seeing Rick in so much emotional pain when he realizes that Lori is dead after having the baby. Wow, what an episode! I can't believe how attached to these characters that I've gotten. Poor Rick, and Carl too for having to off Lori. Sad...and just...wow.

#66 ·
Just got the Walking Dead video game on steam... needed a zombie fix... Let ya know about it later... Oh, it's on sale till tomarow, not sure what time it goes off sale....

#67 ·
Kinda' an interactive choose your own adventure / action button masher... not bad, disturbing.. kind of like it... starting episode 5 soon... seems more comic-book version...

#71 ·
I played through that game. The gameplay itself is kind of meh but the story is very well done and extremely brutal ,emotionally, in some parts.

I've played games that pissed me off and others that had me looking over my shoulder while playing but nothing that left me feeling like I did playing Walking Dead.

I'm curious to see your reaction to finishing it.

#69 ·
Season 4 of the Walking Dead premieres Sunday, October 13th. Seems like last year it was closer to Halloween.

Here is a link to the Season 4 advance trailer. Kind of cheesy that you have to watch a Google Chrome ad before it starts. Spoiler alert: it reveals a fair amount of the general story line and what the group is going to face. Kind of wish that I had not seen it, but it was way cool with some great scenes.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/comic-con-trailer-the-walking-dead-season-4

#70 ·
My wife and I caught up on Season 3 too soon, now we are having "Biter" withdrawals until the 13th. I'm really curious to see how they develop Carl's story with how last season ended.

#72 ·
The Walking Dead game

The Good-
tjc67, I agree, the story (chapters 1-5) was very good. (No spoilers for those who haven't played, but I now hate zombie babysitters!) It had some interesting plot twists & turns and seemed very well done. It has some very brutally emotional story elements & hard choices that tugged at the old heart strings.
I also liked the fact that the zombies didn't have "hit points" or some apparent # of shots needed to put them down (aside from the obvious head shot). Most fights seemed like a real struggle to survive, and not some generic hack n' slash.
The game fits in seamlessly with both the comic and the TV show.
It was not 'over the top' gory... no organs squirting out like macabre party streamers amidst geysers of blood... nor was it 'G' rated squeaky clean... a good level of bloody & grimy.

The Bad-
The controller interface was janky... the cursor was sometimes oversensitive, sometimes slow as molasses. There were invisible walls. The puzzles were very straight forward/too easy. The bonus chapter 400 days seemed rather skeletal / not well fleshed out. There is too much "button mashing" in some of the action sequences.

Overall-
I would give the game 3.5 stars out of 5. Thumbs up. I'll be replaying the game again here soon to see what some of the other choices will produce. It is easy for a non gamer to pick up and play, and the story is engaging enough for an experienced player to overlook it's gameplay flaws. I recommend this game to fans of the walking dead.

INO, I can't hardly wait for the next TV season to start.

#73 ·
Not sure I can wait 2 more weeks... may have to set up some zombies around the house & yard, board up some windows, eat out of cans, carry an airsoft pistol or a crossbow around, and generally act like a zombie apocalypse is happening... wait, it's October... I do all that anyway...:eek::googly::D

#77 ·
If you remember between seasons 2 and 3, they had an eight month span. Looks like they did the same again. I guess as real time passes between seasons, time passes in the series.

Sorry I don't mean to make anyone ill (Lord H) but Daryl is so HOT! I just had to express that. :)

#78 ·
I liked it. The first couple of episodes are always kind of slow since they set up the season. They learned their lesson from season 2 on the farm where it seemed the entire season was slowly paced.

On the Talking Dead show, the executive producer said that they picked up essentially about 6 months later. I am so glad that Carl is back to being a fun kid and not a jerk. I got tired of Lori and Andrea once they became unlikeable. Merle was different. He was probably the most unique character on the show.

I liked the way they tied in the helicopter into the episode. That helps to explain the helicopter we saw flying around last year.

#79 ·
I'm happy it's back on again. I remembered when it aired on Halloween two years back. I was flipping through channels (looking for a spooky movie to watch during tot down time) and thought, yah, this is a little treat for me (luv zombie movies). I loved it, was hooked and pissed when they only had a few episodes. Happy when it came back the next year.

This season looks like it could be heartbreaking with what looks like new bio outbreak of gawd knows what.

#86 ·
I wasn't expecting that either! Not really sure how I feel about Carol's departure. I can definitely understand both points of view. It will be interesting to see everyone else's reaction.

#87 ·
:jol: I think Carol did what needed doing, for the greater good of the group. But that is just my opinion... I think Rick has turned into quite the wuss!:p (someone needs to be appointed to run around behind Rick with tissues in case he feels the need to cry...WAH....WAH....BOO HOO...):googly:

#89 ·
:jol: I think Carol did what needed doing, for the greater good of the group. But that is just my opinion... I think Rick has turned into quite the wuss!:p (someone needs to be appointed to run around behind Rick with tissues in case he feels the need to cry...WAH....WAH....BOO HOO...):googly:
I'm with you P5. Carol did what needed done. It's a zombie invasion for goodness sake. Rick has become a wuss. Don't you just love Darrel though? (I know you do. ;) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.