Haunt Forum banner

Rear projection

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Wolverine 
#1 ·
I plan on using a projector to project an image onto a screen from the rear at one of my windows on halloween. I have done a test run with a translucent plastic and it looks pretty good but it was a dollar tree shower curtain. I was at a fabric store today and they have translucent and clear plastic for out 4.00/yd. the dollar tree has a lot of wrinkles and I was wanting something that was flat to attach to a frame. Which is the best choice? Clear or translucent?

#2 ·
Translucent gives the projected image something to reflect off of, most of the light goes right through the clear. White or silver spandex is commonly used in DIY rear projection - you can stretch it tight easily. For a temporary setup the translucent material (or even a white bed sheet) should work fine.

#6 ·
You may find that your Dollar Tree curtain will work fine if you staple it onto a frame like a painter would canvas. This makes it easy to setup and take down, and it helps guarantee that you will have a smooth, flat surface without the fuss of trying to stretch some material out against the window itself.

#7 ·
Cheap frosted shower curtain from walmart works awesome. In the dark and running you can't even tell it looks real. I think I spent $4. don't worry too much about wrinkles. From about 10-15 away in the dark you can't really tell they are there. Of course you could take it out days before and let it sit flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.