Haunt Forum banner

Pumpkin's Mostly Ghostly Haunt 2016

16K views 75 replies 30 participants last post by  The Halloween Lady 
#1 ·
:jol:Hey Peeps! I'm starting on my 2016 yard haunt and I have a few new ideas for this year. First off, I am going to pay homage to Ray Bradbury and make my own version of his Halloween Tree. I've talked with my good friend Bobzilla and he and I have bounced some ideas around. I have a surprise that I will reveal a little later, (thanks to Robert) but for now suffice it to say, I'm going to do Mr. Bradbury proud.:D I am borrowing from one of the forum members, Hilda, and her rendition of The Halloween Tree.

It has always been a big favorite of mine. Another forum friend, Laura, The Halloween Lady, created this photoshop picture after I told her of my plans and what I had in mind. She knows how much I love Hilda's tree and she took my book reading skeleton and added the tombstones and viola! The picture comes to life. I tell you, without all the friends I have here, I would probably still be having just a few skeletons and pumpkins as my Halloween display. This is one of my big new ideas for this year for my haunt. What do you think peeps?

Of course, the ghosts will still be porch bound, but a few may make it into the cemetery this year. I'm going to extend my fence to surround the Halloween Tree portion of the display and then work on the lighting in the graveyard so that all the tombstones can actually be read. I'm working on the cemetery entrance as well and I have ideas flooding my big-old-pumpkin-gourd-brain, and as I come up with new idea and complete the projects I will post the results here. It's always nice to hear what you guys think and get your input. The Pumpkin5 has started her build. (don't you just love it when I refer to myself in the third person??):p

See less See more
#33 ·
:undecidekin:Well, Matthew was not kind to Eastern NC, we got spanked last Saturday, and are continuing to get flood waters in, devastating so many towns. It's so tragic, but all we can do is wait for the waters to recede and then start the herculean task of clean up. Our shop is flooded, we can't even get close to it, but we are blessed that our house was spared. I've had this week off since we can't get to the shop, so my sister has been coming over to help me finish up my pumpkins for my rendition of The Halloween Tree. This is it so far....I will add more pumpkins each year until every branch has a pumpkin grinning through the leaves.

I still have to get the mostly ghostly ghosts put up on the porch, but I should get it done this weekend. Yay for having a Halloween heart, which keeps me going....can't disappoint my TOT's.

#36 ·
What a great tree, pumpkin 2.0!
I see Lilly in the background in one of the pics.
How about a picture of her and all those pumpkins floating around her? :)
Sorry to hear about all the flooding you've had to deal with :(
Way to hang in there, Jana! :)

#38 ·
:jol:Thank you for all the kind words folks! It takes a lot to kill the Halloween spirit in me, so I took flood water and made a flood of Halloween goodness. (Thanks Brian, I am following your example) My sister's came today and we did get some of the ghosts hung, and the window pumpkins, and the gate pumpkins and the scarecrow. I have some fine tuning to do, I need to finish a couple of new ghost additions and get Ghoulford mounted, then get my husband to work his magic with the floodlights. Still more to do, but this is the beginnings...

And here is your request of Lily with her orange gourd friends, Robert. Any other pictures you want, you just have to ask.

Next year I am thinking I want all the pumpkins on FCG mechanism so they go up and down, just like Lily does. It will be a riot of movement and color on the side porch.

#39 ·
:jol:And after a hard day's work....the night moves in...and how can you not just sit back and sigh with Halloween contentment when you see a moon like this, shining over your Halloween fence???

God is a master, for sure.:winkin:

#43 ·
Jana, your tree is too cool! I like seeing the pumpkins throughout it hanging with all their different faces. And I like the scarecrow hanging out on your gate. Looking forward to seeing the completed haunt.

Sorry to hear Matthew hit you hard. I don't know how you guys in hurricane prone states do it.

#47 ·
:jol:Thank you, all of you super nice folks out there for your kind words and nice comments. I swear I want a kinder, gentler haunt, ha, ha.... I loved putting this tree together this year, an homage to Ray Bradbury... So my sisters came over today to help set up, and we got the graveyard put up....I really like it, it could have had a bunch more detail, but considering the month I've had....I'm okay with it....I am so happy with how it's looking this year....

Thank you for looking...

#49 ·
:jol:^Thanks C, you are sweet to say that. I didn't get half the things I wanted to do this year finished, but maybe next year will see it finished.:undecidekin: I just walked out and changed my countdown calendar....one day to go....one day to go...

#52 ·
:jol:Well our Halloween was completely EPIC!!! We had more trick or treaters than ever (I think around 530) and tons of people that just came by to look. It was such a wonderful night, perfect weather and so many smiling faces. The kids had a ball! I don't have the pictures back from my photographer yet, but I did snap a couple and here they are. Ollie took his place right under the Halloween Tree and couldn't have been more perfect.

After everyone left around 10:30 I cleaned the kitchen up and then went out on the porch and sipped some wine and enjoyed the calm and the cool of the evening. I'd been up since 5:30 but I was all jacked up on Halloween spirit and reveling in the perfectness of the night. Stayed up texting with a friend until 12:30 and I think Bone Dancer stopped by around 12:00, I had a sudden flurry of leaves swirl up in a whirlwind about that time and a chill breeze blew my hair. All in all, just a wonderful night! If I could order the same exact weather for next year, I'd do it in a skinny minute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.