Haunt Forum banner

Garage or Display?

7K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  jdubbya 
#1 ·
Hi All Haunt friends, I am stuck in a paralysis by analysis/ crossroads situation. Garage or Yard haunt???

I am trying to decide if I should continue to expand my home haunt yard display which would incorporate the driveway and maybe make more props and some scares coming up the driveway or abandoning that and just build a small walk through in the haunt. I have been slowly building up my yard display but I dont get many TOTs and sometimes that can be discouraging. I guess my question is if it is worth the effort of doing the garage haunt even though it will be kind of weak to start out or just keep going on the yard/driveway display type haunt. An actual haunted house in the garage would be a **** ton more fun than just hanging outside of my haunt getting drunk by myself.

Time and money are at a premium and that is a big contributing factor for making me want to just keep building up the display rather than trying to make the garage into a haunt. I was thinking I could make a decent maze in the garage with about 10 panels to start and a little bit of darkness and some of the outdoor props could come inside. I was thinking of making some fairly cheap panels with fabric for some and some thin plywood or wood-ish material for some of them and brace the hell out of it. I figure at least starting an indoor garage haunt this year would be a big step, I can always keep decorating my yard, but the garage would be a big draw and a **** ton more fun I think.

I have a 3 car garage and about 2/3rds of it is usable space. I am so damn indecisive it isnt funny. Any suggestions? BTW, check out my haunt on facebook, its Twisted Tree Manor.
Thanks everyone!

See less See more
#29 ·
Hey guys, Ill post some pics here at some point. Im posting more on facebook on my haunt page, its Twisted Tree Manor on facebook, or just friend me, Im Sam Kadi. Ill be posting a bit on there just because its so easy with uploading pics from my phone. Its going good so far, just trying to figure out what I want to put in my rooms/halls. Its pretty fun, Im so glad I listened to everyone on here. Thanks again. Cheers.

#30 ·
I am so glad that I finally decided to do the walkthrough, what a fun night. I didnt take that many pics or videos but I will be posting some soon hopefully.

Bottom line is it was worth it, all the things I was worried about were non-issues. I was worried about so much and everything turned out great, people loved it and we had way more people than when I had just the display. It was so much fun also, my kids loved acting and scaring, I loved acting and ad libbing with the crowd. We had about 100 or so people and people thought it was great. Cant wait for next year.

Thank you everyone on here that helped me decide to take the leap and just do it. I was so worried I wouldnt have enough props and actors and it all ended up working out. I learned alot and Ill be posting some of those thoughts later, but just wanted to tell you guys thanks!

#31 ·
Awesome! Glad it all worked out for you, and even better than you imagined as well. I think you'll see your numbers go way up next year. People will remember and tell their friends and so on. Looking forward to seeing the pics you took!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.