ADJ or Chauvet fogger. - HauntForum
HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Props and Prop Building > Foggers
Forgot Password?

Notices

Foggers Discussion of fog machines, fluid, scent additives, and anything else pertaining to fog machines can be found here.

Old 06-15-2017
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts
Default ADJ or Chauvet fogger.

Trying to decide on the right fogger to chill my front yard. About 20x40 ft area. Will build a chiller and run it through an ABS pipe with holes drilled. I have read all about chillers on here so feel like I know what to do there.

Im Looking at either the ADJ VF1600 20,000 cfm machine or the Chauvet 1600 25,000. The online manual on the chauvet says it can only run continuously on output level 6. No idea what that true continous output would be. The ADJ manual didn't mention a restriction on the output knob to run continuously.

Do any of you have experience with either of these foggers and have anything good or bad to say about them? Are they big enough to do the job? I think I could probably get away with a smaller fogger and run it in spurts at full speed, but I would rather have more power running at a lesser, constant rate. I'm thinking that would look smoother and quieter but I could be totally wrong about that.

Amazon has them at $200 each so price is not a deciding factor.

Thanks, Andy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

168 views and no one has an opinion on adj or Chaucer. Amazing. For what it is worth, I'm going to order the chauvet. .
Old 3 Weeks Ago
User Title Already Taken

Liked 24 times in 13 posts

Hello Andy,

The likeliness is no one had commented because they don't have those specific foggers. I have 2 ADJ 1200 fog storms. The 1600s are newer as they used to be 1700s. If you are fogging an area, either will do the job. You want a fog designed for the ground and the weather you have in your area. I use Froggys freezin fog and it works well in my chiller.

I will say that neither are really true continuous machines. They will have down time for warm up etc. I would never run a machine on constant anyway as it is just too much for that area and the chiller. It would likely take away from the whole scene as it would bury everything in fog.

Good luck on your machine. I hope the one you chose works well. Fluids are just as important as the machine. Buy nice ones and you will be happy.