Community Announcement - Page 3 - HauntForum
HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > HauntForum.com > News and Announcements
Forgot Password?

Notices

News and Announcements Read about recent news and updates to HauntForum.com.

Old 06-16-2017
Totally Gargoylicious

Liked 209 times in 68 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntingVS View Post
Do you recall who the vendors where in the past and what they might have donated?
-Philip
Take a look at the prop challenge archives here:

http://www.hauntforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Donors and prizes are listed for each contest that had prizes, which was most of them except for the couple most recent contests.
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2017
Administrator

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Thanks for the intel.
-Philip
Old 06-16-2017
Administrator

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless View Post
I hope the assistance is better than the other site. I haven't been able to access the site for a long while. I don't try often, but tried again tonight and got the same message - that it wasn't working and had redirected me to Facebook too many times - I wasn't trying to access it via Facebook. I went to send a message via Facebook and discovered the unanswered message I had sent in September last year asking the same thing.......
This is a known issue with vb4, we have a fix for it. If you send me a pm with the username you use on the other site I can work on getting your account status restored.
-Philip
Old 06-17-2017
A Wee Bit Wicked....

Liked 81 times in 31 posts

Well, thank you ZF for giving this site life....it's such a great source for prop making, scene setting ideas, photos and fellowship for all things Halloween. For the most part the members here are super supportive, intensely creative and some of the best people I know. I've never asked for help here where I did not get help from many, many members, including offers to send me things that I would need to complete a prop.
Welcome to the forum, new owners. I hope you keep the integrity of this site I've come to love, and please don't dilute the core values of this site and the members here. In all honesty it's the members that make Hauntforum what it is. I totally get it about having to run ads to pay the bills, for nothing in this life is free.....well....except maybe wire coat hangers, cardboard, scrap foam and occasionally, the odd wig head.
Old 06-17-2017
Master of Scaremonies

Liked 16 times in 10 posts
Icon15

Thanks for everything, Dave. Good luck and keep on keepin' on.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Founder

Liked 97 times in 43 posts

Thanks for the gratitude, everyone. I will still be around, just not as the boss monster any more. lol

Old 4 Weeks Ago
The Red Death

Liked 53 times in 27 posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubbya View Post
Perhaps the voice of dissent here but I've become increasingly unhappy with Halloween forum, simply due to the flood of ads everywhere on the site. I know the same issue was discussed at length over there when larry stepped down as admin. It gives the site a commercial feel and IMO, detracts from the community atmosphere. I'm guessing Haunt Forum will now experience the same ad banners all over the place?
I know I haven't been around much myself these days for various other reasons so maybe my voice here doesn't hold much weight. But I'm gonna second this.

I know ads pay the bills for a lot of sites. But these days ads have become overly intrusive on simply enjoying the content of a site. And for me anything more than a banner at the top of each page is incredibly intrusive. Nothing worse than scrolling through a tutorial post than to be greeted by ads posing as pseudo posts right in the middle of a thread. And to make it worse, rarely have they been targeted based on the content I'm reading. I'm seeing a LOT of this over at Halloween Forum since the transition and it hasn't really gotten any better.

The other problem that started happening were spam posts of the worst kind. I usually get my updates via RSS in my reader which doesn't block spam or ads. At least when I'm on site my ad blockers have been fairly and mostly effective. And I can selectively not read the spam.

Again both of these topics have been discussed ad nauseum (pardon the pun) on Halloween Forum with a lot of empty promises to fix it but not much done about it.

-TM

FaegoriaChateau de CadavresTumblr
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Zombie-F, I just logged in, and I could cry! If you haven't totally given reign, please choose another company. I cannot log into Halloweenforum at all, it's totally ruined. I truly hope that this does not happen to your site, as well. This was my last hope for a real Halloween forum.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Headless & Haunting

Liked 32 times in 16 posts

And here start the ads..... One of the things I loved about the forum was that the adverts were matched to the colouring of the forum and not too big so they weren't distracting. Plus they were probably less of a drain on my download as most of the site is text based. The forum always loaded even when our internet was shaped.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Totally Gargoylicious

Liked 209 times in 68 posts

I'm getting a noticeable slowdown now in the site loading on both my iPad and my Windows-based laptop. I've also gotten the "a problem occurred with this web page, so it was reloaded" event a couple times today.