Haunt Forum banner

Sin-Jin Smyth

18K views 210 replies 17 participants last post by  Sinister 
#1 ·
Rather than go into a long-winded speech about how much I want to see this movie, I am simply going to give the link and exit quietly. The synopsis of the movie and the fact that Midnight Syndicate is doing the music speaks volumes to why this is at the top of my next years "Must-See" list. If this doesn't get ****ed up six ways to Sunday, then this is going to be a great sight to see my friends. http://www.sin-jinsmyth.com/

#2 ·
Sinister said:
Rather than go into a long-winded speech about how much I want to see this movie, I am simply going to give the link and exit quietly. The synopsis of the movie and the fact that Midnight Syndicate is doing the music speaks volumes to why this is at the top of my next years "Must-See" list. If this doesn't get ****ed up six ways to Sunday, then this is going to be a great sight to see my friends. http://www.sin-jinsmyth.com/
I too am looking forward to this, Ive chatted with the director on line several times (he even sent me a Sin-JinSmth mug) and is a great guy, sounds like a cool flick.

#8 ·
Sin-jin Smyth

Hello-

I hope you don't mind if I join this discussion...I'm Ethan, the director of SIN-JIN SMYTH.

I should thank Zombie F for the patience while I fumbled around trying to get on this board to say hello....So THANK YOU!

On the film, thanks for the kind words....what should we talk about? SIN-JIN SMYTH? Or do you want to kick some celebrity hack into the dirt?

#14 ·
With the storyline that's in production, and Roddy Piper, plus two of my favorite musical acts Midnight Syndicate and The Cult's Billy Duffy involved, how can you go wrong? The worst thing about it all is "THE WAIT." :D

Glad to have you here, Ethan, you can jump on one of my threads anytime, dude.

Oh, and you're quite welcome Hella.

I have a question, E. How are you going to address the Devil's simultaneous appearing in India? Is it going to be an intregal part of the storyline?

#16 ·
Sin-jin Smyth

Zombie-F said:
This is easily one of the horror movies I'm anticipating the most. I so can't wait. :D
Now, that means alot...

Once we took this picture outside the studio system (To maintain creative control) we had a serious firefight on our hands and it's nice---after working around the clock for about a year---to hear fans---who know what the hell they're talking about---say they can't wait!!!

So thank you.

#17 ·
Sin-jin Smyth

Sinister said:
With the storyline that's in production, and Roddy Piper, plus two of my favorite musical acts Midnight Syndicate and The Cult's Billy Duffy involved, how can you go wrong? The worst thing about it all is "THE WAIT." :D

Glad to have you here, Ethan, you can jump on one of my threads anytime, dude.

Oh, and you're quite welcome Hella.

I have a question, E. How are you going to address the Devil's simultaneous appearing in India? Is it going to be an intregal part of the storyline?
Thank you...

And thank you Hella...

See Sinister, to me, Piper and Duffy (And Syndicate) were great decisions (and they're great to work with. They are also very good people) but the studio fought me on it.

And on the film: The movie opens in India as soldiers of the Indian army find proof of the existance of The Devil!!!

Then the action moves to Kansas...

#19 ·
ETHAN said:
Sorry for the duel post...It was so important I had to say it twice!!!
Double post... allow me to take care of that... gone!

I'm just so eager to see this because it seems that we're in a time where movies just lack any new ideas. They're all either sequels or really poorly conceived remakes.

Plus, the premise really intrigues me for whatever reason.

Oh, and the Hotrod rules too. :p

#20 ·
Sin-jin Smyth

Zombie-F said:
Double post... allow me to take care of that... gone!

I'm just so eager to see this because it seems that we're in a time where movies just lack any new ideas. They're all either sequels or really poorly conceived remakes.

Plus, the premise really intrigues me for whatever reason.

Oh, and the Hotrod rules too. :p
HA-HA! Hotrod does rule....

And you're right we're in a time where it's fashionable to re-imagine, re-tread, re-**** with ideas (Some of which were not good to begin with)...

There seems to be a shortage of imagination and new work... Maybe you'll be the one to re-invent a few things and get this industry jump started again...

#21 ·
ETHAN said:
...it's nice---after working around the clock for about a year---to hear fans---who know what the hell they're talking about---say they can't wait!!!
Yeah - I'm in LA (kinda), and the buzz is good around town! Really looking forward.

Thanks for your hard work - we need more folks who follow their dreams and stand firm against studio tinkering.

#24 ·
Sin-jin Smyth

dougspaulding said:
I want to be the one to re-invent things! I want to be the one!
You can do it, man, get busy! We need more people like you for a REBEL ALLIANCE that can operate outside the sudio's restrictions and break new ground! You can do it!!!

Just remember....it doesn't matter what they think or what they say....We're the ones that get it done!!! We are the fans, not them!!!

#25 ·
dougspaulding said:
I want to be the one to re-invent things! I want to be the one!
What about me? ;) I thought it was an "us" thing.

Edward Douglas (Syndicate) is a cool fellow. I've actually recieved correspondence in the form of comments and email at times. Billy Duffy has always been one of my favorite guitarists since The Cult released Electric back in the 80's. Too bad he couldn't have brought Ian Astbury to the project, Ethan. That would have been just the height of coolness.

Man, I love the answer about India. Give me some time. I'm sure I will come up with other questions. Be sure to clue us in to that trailer. :)

#26 ·
Sin-jin Smyth

Sinister said:
What about me? ;) I thought it was an "us" thing.

Edward Douglas (Syndicate) is a cool fellow. I've actually recieved correspondence in the form of comments and email at times. Billy Duffy has always been one of my favorite guitarists since The Cult released Electric back in the 80's. Too bad he couldn't have brought Ian Astbury to the project, Ethan. That would have been just the height of coolness.

Man, I love the answer about India. Give me some time. I'm sure I will come up with other questions. Be sure to clue us in to that trailer. :)
Actually, THE CULT is back in action---thru the month of March---they'll be making a dent on a U.S. tour....

And Douglass is a class act, one of the finest people I have ever met.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.