Haunt Forum banner

Our Favorite Halloween RECIPES.

84K views 89 replies 58 participants last post by  BunchOfHocusPocus 
#1 ·
Post your favorite Halloween Recipes here.

:jol:
Rules:
Good = Graveyard Cupcakes with Tombstone Cookies.

Bad = Alaskan Lobster in a Champagne Sauce.

#58 ·
I had pumpkin pancakes for dinner the other night.

Maple Pecan Syrup

1 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup pecans, chopped

Heat syrup and butter until butter is melted; remove from heat. Stir in pecans; Keep warm.

Spicy Pumpkin Pancakes

2 1/3 cups Bisquick
1/3 cup canned pumpkin (Not Pumpkin Pie Mix)
1 1/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 eggs

Stir pancake ingredients until well blended.

Pour batter by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle (grease griddle if necessary). Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden brown. Serve with syrup.

#65 ·
Gross but Good

Easy Peasy: Rice Krispie Treats rolled in melted milk chocalate. Stuck in candy corns. Arranged on a new and clean child's tolit. Gross, I know, but the treats were good and eaten once I got someone to start trying them.

Attachments

#66 ·
My favorite was the eyeballs we did. My mom made then so I am not sure how she did them, but I know it was penutbutter balls, dipped in chocolate, then a white choloate mini kisses (not sure if that is what it is called, but like the hershey kisses, just very small), turned upside down and pushed into the penutbutter. then a little blue food coloring for the pupil. Not sure what she used for the veins, I guess some kind of strawberry jelly or something. top left of the picture

#68 · (Edited)
I usually make "Ghosts in the Graveyard" pudding dessert, which I believe I got out of a Kraft Halloween recipe booklet. I'm sure you've all heard of it, but just in case:

Freeze a tub of whipped cream before you plan to begin.

Make instant chocolate pudding according to directions (2 pkgs if I recall? sorry, I can't find the recipe booklet), and spoon it into a square or rectangle dish.

Crush Oreos in a baggie (I'm sure there was a number to use, I never used as many as they said to), enough to cover the pudding as "dirt". The chocolate creme Oreos work best, if you don't want "snow" (white creme) in your "dirt".

Prop up graham crackers or other cookies to make tombstones with, write on them with food gel if desired

Spoon out "ghosts" using the frozen whipped cream to place around cemetery, add eyes with food gel if desired

Place mellowcreme pumpkins around cemetery, keep refrigerated before/after serving, of course.

I guess I don't have any existing pix of this, but it's cute and delicious! (OK, so I did a quick search for a photo online, and it includes the actual recipe if you need numbers ;) http://www.backofthebox.com/recipes/desserts/ghosts-in-the-graveyard-g.html)

This year, I'd like to make this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Halloween-Graveyard-Brownies/ ...but I think it might work better if the bottom pan were dark metal rather than glass? It just seems like it would make a brighter glow, although I guess it might be difficult to find a metal pan that your glass pan could fit into.

#70 ·
here's the planned menu for my House of Horror party:

Chicken Rot Pies (mini pot pies)

Knuckle Sandwiches (finger breadsticks cut and filled with pesto cream cheese and sun-dried tomatoes)
Recipe

Goblin gall stones (meatballs and sauce)

Giant Warts (little salt potatoes)

Deadly Toadstools (stuffed mushrooms)

Slivers of Mollusk (pastry pinwheels)
Recipe

Undead Bread (pumpkin ginger bread)
Recipe

Trilobites (trilobyte fossil imprinted sugar cookies)
Recipe

Bat Wings & Guanomole (blue corn chips and guacamole)

Beetle Larvae (white cheddar cheese puffs)

#72 ·
Re the graveyard pudding dessert described by LairMistress (8-26-2010), this is a hit in my home as well. My favorite thing about it is the Oreo dirt--it always looks great.

I like adding a fence, either with Keebler Fudge Sticks (choc-covered wafers; regular choc wafers get soggy, but the choc-covered ones stand up well) or chocolate licorice twists.

Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies are a good shape for headstones.

Also, because I never could get the hang of making whipped-topping ghosts that keep their shape, I've started using Marshmallow Peeps Ghosts. (I think I put them on a toothpick to help them stand up.)

That brownie version is a great idea--I love the graves!!! Very cool. Maybe I'll try a combination of the two (use the brownie but incorporate the dirt).

#73 ·
We found a really great web site for Halloween recipes - I hope to have time to make them all. Check out this link:

http://www.myscienceproject.org/halloween.htmlhttp://www.myscienceproject.org/halloween.html

This is one gives us the secrect to getting our recipe to glow under a black light...

Tonic Water - The Secret to Ghostly Glowing Jell-O Shots
Jell-O that glows under black light. What's the trick? Tonic water. The quinine is luminescent under ultraviolet light. Jell-O made with tonic water will light up eerily. We found that Berry Blue is one of the best colors to show off that ectoplasmic glow. You'll get a brighter light if you make your Jell-O with tonic water as the only liquid (boiling half, and adding half cold), but it won't taste that good. Plus, you want some booze in there. We found that some Malibu takes the edge off the quinine's bitterness and works well with the berry flavor. Make regular Jell-O shots, or use a mold to make a glowing brain. Glowing Jell-O also looks good in other props, like syringes and petri dishes.

#81 ·
My fiance and I came up with this recipe by mixing our 2 favorite cheese dips. The result was quite good.

Double Cheese Dip

1 Block Velveeta Cheese
2-3 8oz Blocks of Cream Cheese
1 lb Bob Evans Sausage
1 lb Ground Beef
2-3 cans Rotel Tomatoes (drained)
Tortilla Chips

Brown sausage and ground beef. Cut up the Velveeta and Cream Cheese into blocks.
Drain the tomatoes. Put all the ingredients in a crock pot on high heat. Stir often and there you go.

If you like it hot add some cayenne pepper and/or replace regular sausage with the spicy kind.

#82 · (Edited)
#85 ·
I have a recipe to contribute, but no pic.

(Party Sized) Satan's Spawn Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip with Black Bean Tortilla Chips:

4 Containers of Sour Cream
1 Package Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Blue Cheese (Can use bottled Dressing or crumbles)
1/3 to 1/2 Cup Frank's Red Hot Hot Buffalo Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 Cups Skinless Chicken Breast (Cooked and shredded)
2 Bags Shredded Cheese (I use mix of Mozz and Provolone)
1 Dropper Red Food Coloring
2 Bags Black Bean Tortilla Chips, or Mission Halloween Mix (I'll put link for them below)

*Note: I also add chopped red, green, and yellow bell peppers for added flavor. This is optional, and entirely up to you.

1. On cookie sheet, bake chicken breasts at 350 for 4 minutes a side, or until juices run clear.

2. While chicken bakes, Mix sour cream, cream cheese, hot sauce and blue cheese (Of your desired form) in large bow.

3. When chicken is done, shred with fork. Add to dip mixture.

4. Spread dip in large baking pan, and bake for 10 minutes on 350.

5. When done, add red food coloring until desired shade of red. Add bags of cheese over top. Serve warm or cold.

Mission Halloween Tortilla mix: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mission-Halloween-Tortilla-Chips-12-oz/20434375

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.