Haunt Forum banner

Slow Flashing LED circuit

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JonnyMac 
#1 ·
Im looking for some advice on Flashing LEDs

I would like to build a circuit with two SLOW flashing LEDs on it. I saw someone place slow flashing LEDs within the eye sockets of a foam gargoyle and it gave the appearance as if the gargoyle was slowing blinking its eyes..very cool..

The problem is I dont know what is needed to create a slow flash circuit or even what a slow flash speed actually is(in measurement)

I have a kit from canakit.com CK001 - Mini LED Blinker (Kit). It is an LED flasher with 2 LEDs attached to a 9V power source. The only issue with this unit is that is flashes almost 3 times a sec. I am looking for a flash rate of about on for 1 second, off for 1 and a halfs econds

Any advice on how I can achieve this or where I might purchase this is appreciated. I only need 2 of these units.

#4 ·
If you want to get even more fancy you can use a prop controller (like our Prop-1) to provide random delays between a random number of blinks. I did this for a skull and it worked quite nicely. I also had a section that faded the eyes on and off to give the impression of waking and sleeping.

If you decide to give the Prop-1 a try I will provide that code for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.