Conjuring Madame Leota - Page 11 - HauntForum
HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Props and Prop Building > Prop How-To's
Forgot Password?

Notices

Prop How-To's Post your own tutorials here or links to your favorite project tutorials. Please only post direct links to how-to pages, not links to main pages of a web site. Please use the Links forum for that.

Old 11-05-2014
Frightened

Liked 3 times in 2 posts

Like most everyone's version of Leota, I project from directly in front, about 4 or 5 feet from the prop. My projector is "hidden" in a black wire framed freestanding adjustable shelf/stand. I drape the stand with black cloth to hide it, making sure to leave space for the projector. I put a tall custom tombstone in front of it to hide it. At night, in the dark, the stand is very hard to see. Leota is somewhat blocked from the front, but is otherwise very visible from every other angle. A lot of people didn't even notice the projector even up close and we're asking how I did the effect. Next year I plan to hide the projector in one of my custom cemetery columns. Bottom line - just block your projector from the front with a tombstone or other disguise and it will be almost invisible to TOTs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2014
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I ended up setting up my scene slightly from the side. I covered a chair like it had one of those old time decrative furniture covers. Then mounted my projector to the chair with the laptop under it (hidden by the cloth drape from chair). The angle of the chair and scene made it a little harder to see from viewing area. Worked fine, other than the point of light over the left eye. Putting candles around it of course helped distract. I am going to try an Ultra projector next year, they are a little less bright.
Old 11-11-2014
Fearless

Liked 1 time in 1 post

And now for something completely different, while I haven't delved into this project, I do have singing pumpkins that I was doing the projector/laptop set up which I find cumbersome to hide, This year I used a Micca Spec-1 G2 media player instead of the laptop and I couldn't have been happier. It's slightly larger than a deck of cards and delivers a 1080P image and ran all night, no issues. You can find them for about $40 and next year I'm going to pair it with an LED pocket projector which will make hiding that much easier. There are a few differnet variations of these devices which I plan on trying as some get down to around $30. JMO, but so much better than dealing with a laptop outside and while I can't say how long it will last, it appears to be a well built little unit.

Now back to the awsome Madam Leota prop discussion!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2014
Administrator

Liked 132 times in 46 posts

Please stop hijacking this how to.