Haunt Forum banner

Haunting Dictionary

9K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  Hauntiholik 
#1 ·
Let's create a dictionary of commonly used haunting terms. Please submit words and definitions. (haunting terms only please)

#4 · (Edited)
bucky/buckie = 4th quality medical grade skeleton.
blucky/bluckie = blow mold skeleton.
haunt = haunted house or display.
Haunting = to create a haunt.
Haunter = someone who haunts(see haunting)
FCG = Flying Crank Ghost prop.
MIB = Monster In a Box prop
Curby = the curb/sidewalk where items used for haunting can sometimes be found.
ToT = Trick Or Treat
ToTer = Trick Or Treater
ToTing = Trick Or Treating
Monster Mud = Drywall compound + latex paint mixture used with fabric like paper mache

#14 ·
Home Haunter- Just as it says, someone who hauntifies their home

Pro-Haunter- People who make money with their Haunts

As far as types of pro-haunts:

Disneyesque- No blood no gore...rated PG
Splatterhouse- Too much blood and gore rated R for extreme violence
Hell House- Kinda like..."Why the HELL did I come to this house and give these people my money!!"....like those thumpers like to do for certain churches.

As far as people who work in Haunts:
Plant- Person who becomes a patron for the purpose of being attacked within the Haunt
Nester-Person behind the scenes triggering certain contraptions that are not controlled by motion detectors...we also just called it the "Crows Nest"
Monster Mom (Dad)- Person who coordinates the actors within a house

There are more...let me wake up more...

#20 ·
The dictionary is really starting to be fleshed out. Now Gc can't start complaining that she doesn't understand what I'm typing when I lapse into techspeak.

Haunti, here's another one:

H2IK -Hell If I Know, used when someone asks you a question while you're working on a project and don't want to be disturbed.

#24 ·
Ok, how about these. Anyone that uses a computer ought to know this:

1) D.E.U. Failure: Dumb End User, used when you find an idiot trying to use equipment.
2) R.T.F.M.: Read The F**ing Manual, when someone tries to put something complex together just by looking at the box. Ties into the DEU Failure description.
3) S.T.F.U.: Shut The F** Up, should be obvious what this is used for.

This is all I have, Haunti. I promise. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.