Haunt Forum banner

Add Pro Haunt Actor to my resume!

8K views 69 replies 28 participants last post by  Johnny Thunder 
#1 ·
Pro Haunt Actor gig!

I am so stoked to share with everyone that I have the honor of being hired as an actor at The Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride for the 2010 Halloween season!!!

We have attended their hayride, corn maze and haunted house for several years, and this is definitely one of the premiere pro haunts in the country! Having the privilege of being an actor there is beyond belief! I live about 10 minutes from this kick-ass site, and pass it daily on my commute to work.

Just had to share, and will definitely keep you all up to date with my experiences to the extent I am allowed to do so .

Happy Halloween, boils and ghouls!! I am about to embark on a life long dream. Wish me luck :)

http://www.thebatesmotel.com/

#11 · (Edited)
That's fantastic JT! Break a leg...OOPS, sorry about that.

I was a character on a haunted hay ride about 12 years ago. I had a Pinhead full-mask made for me that I mounted real metal pins into. Lots of fun and lots of work. Enough about me though. Enjoy the experience and have fun!

#13 ·
Speaking of costume, do you know yet what you're going to be - and didn't you once, as a "civilian", scare some kid who was standing in line with you at this event?:)

#15 ·
Thanks again everyone -

Spooky - I will have to check with them about that; not sure if actors are allowed to do that. I don't want to violate any rules.

Roxy, no not yet. The meeting is in a few weeks, and at that time we'll be given our area assignment (The Motel, The Hayride or The Corn Maze) and develop characters.

Yeah - a few years back in the corn maze three kids thought I was a zombie. Of course, I wasn't in makeup or costume......

#21 ·
The meeting is in a few weeks, and at that time we'll be given our area assignment (The Motel, The Hayride or The Corn Maze) and develop characters.
Just make sure you tell them it needs to be a character that laughs a lot. Gotta go with your strengths. A dude your size... definitely in the corn maze, or maybe the hayride... in blood-spattered bib overalls and carrying a bloody sickle or something...

Dude, the Bates. That's huge. Congrats!

#19 ·
Congrats ! The bates hotel is a really good Haunt! here in California we know of them, saw them on the travel channel with the top haunts show they have around Halloween time. But i do have to say, they are lucky to have a actor like yourself be apart of the haunt! Take notes on how they do things there, if you are thinking about taking that step to get your own pro haunt it will help to see the way other people do theres. :) again congrats have a good time with it !

Fatal-Mentality
-Eric G
www.Fatal-Mentality.webs.com

#22 ·
So do tell us how this came about, JT. Did you send in an application or were you discovered like Lana Turner in classic Hollywood fashion while sipping a Coke at the corner drug store?:)

#23 ·
Rev – Thanks, man. Yes, hopefully they let me laugh….my audition was anything but subtle – big, loud and obvious. Much like the Fright Flicks segment.

Roxy – I’ve been wanting to try out there for years and years, as we’ve been going there for about 13 seasons now. Every year I think about it and just never got around to it for one reason or another. However, I got to talking with one of the actors/makeup artists/prop guys at the NHC at the Hauntcast booth, and it encouraged me to try out. I’m just really excited about being a part of a haunted attraction that I’ve loved so much for so many years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.