Haunt Forum banner

What is this body effect?

4K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Troll Wizard 
#1 ·
Are they wearing some type of body stocking that has been stiffened and formed with latex? Look at motion near the neck....what the heck IS it?? Love this, especially that there is a chick in the usually all-male event.

#2 ·
Debbie, it is clearly shown that those are demons and the only way to get an effect like that would be if you were a demon yourself. Geeze. :p

Seriously though, can you be a little more specific? I'm not quite understanding the question. :blush:

#5 ·
AR- I'm trying to figure out how they molded the suit and muscles, yet it remains flexible...it might be polyfoam, but it looks very thin where the muscles are, almost like you could poke them and they'd bend in , like a rubberized mask.

#8 ·
You can go here, to http://www.ganzstoateufln.at/home.html or http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.ganzstoateufln.at/home.html for it, the website, to be translated into English.
They have a contact/Kontakt page where you could ask your question, though it may go faster for you if you write your question in English then have the Google Translate translate it into German, then send the question in both German and English and see if they will tell you. The fur is sheepskin, the masks are wood with goat or ram horns mounted to them. I would guess that the suits are Lycra or Spandex with appliances attached to them. They have an interesting section that discusses the characters depicted. They offer masks, DVDs, and other goods for sale too.

#10 ·
Most people in the US only follow a small portion of the Christmas tree tradition. Traditionally it would be kept up through the 5th of January (hence the 12 days of Christmas), and not fully decorated until Christmas Eve.
The culture in the US is much more mixed so we end up like a big melting pot of races, beliefs, and traditions. Apparently the group doing this is more or less a club or troupe that does their performances annually. Looking through their gallery of photographs and such shows quite a variety of characters, I would guess they do other performances/plays too.
I don't know about you, but I get cramps all the time.

#14 ·
I was amazed to find out that those masks are made of wood, and that they are using real horns on them. The faces looked believable and fairly mobile in the video.
I'm curious to see how they keep them on their heads. I'd love to go and take their course in doing the carving, but my wallet isn't fat enough, nor is my German good enough. I wish they told more about what is on the DVDs they sell, if it was the construction of the costumes and masks, and some of the history behind the performance, I'd buy them in a flash.

#15 ·
I went through and translated a lot of his stuff...he does sell the pants & tops separately and they are imbued with latex. If you want to buy them, you PM him privately, which I would do (just to see how much $$ they are) but my email is still screwed up, so I can't generate a PM. I'm guessing it's something like Allen H's stretchy mesh "head bags" where he puts the material over a form & gobs on thick layers of latex to create a shape. It looks like there is definitely foam underlay in the shoulder areas to give it some structure, and there are areas of "tendons" applied over the top in the arms.
Can you tell I'm kinda impressed with this?? LOL. I LOVE finding things like this...where people's pure artistic talent TRUMPS money and technology. Those masks are SO precisely cut...they come right next to the wearer's eyes..meaning the maker customizes them somewhat. Amazing engineering and carving talent. This makes my brain sizzle with artistic excitement.

#19 · (Edited)
Straight form China...cheap zentai suits. I never knew they were called that...I thought they were unitards, which also happens to be the name of the local school board...
http://www.trustedeal.com/Wholesale-Zentai-&-Catsuits_c22.html

Did I mention this place will make a custom costume at no extra charge? I may just have them make my Fat & Over 40 Tinkerbell costume...they have prom dresses for $147!!

#20 ·
I have 20 of those suits in a box at my shop waiting to be turned into costumes. I will be selling a few at MHC. I made a witch doctor costume with one in march have you guys seen the pics?

#26 ·
I hope it's cold where they have to wear those costumes. I'll bet they're frying in them, between the basic suit, the latex appliances, the sheepskins, and then the full head mask, I would guess that it's around a hundred and twenty degrees in those getups. Add to that all the running and dancing around they're doing...

#30 ·
You were asking about the neck line, it looks to me after seeing the video several times, that the mask has a long neck line that fits into the chest piece. I think that's why you see the wrinkling at the neck when they turn their heads. Now I could be way off base on this one, but you don't see any movement at the neck line when they turn their heads.

So maybe if there is a zip line in the back of the suit, it may come up high enough to cover a portion of the neck from the mask itself. Again, I am guessing about this, but this is what I'm feeling that it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.