Haunt Forum banner

Help with projector.

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  corey872 
#1 ·
I bought a projector last year to run the virtual santa and I also want to use it for Halloween. I don't know anything about them but was advised to get at least 2000 lumens. The one I bought was 3000 lumen HD LED multimedia, and I wanted to use it with a dvd player. Well it worked, but the picture was very poor, you could only just see it, not like the lovely bright effect they show on the video. So I want to buy a better one this year. What should I be looking out for? I don't want to spend more than around £80 (about $100).
:confused:

#3 ·
Rather than the projector being at fault could it be what you are projecting onto? I have a cheap projector and a much more expensive one and they both show up very well. The expensive one came with a material to project onto and I bought a cheap lightweight shower lining to project onto for the cheaper one.

#4 ·
The needed lumens really depends upon the ambient light where you are projecting it, what you are projecting it onto, and the distance your projector will be from the surface of the screen or material you are projecting on. The brighter the ambient light, the brighter (higher lumens rating) your projector has to have, the further away you are from the screen, the more the ambient light will come into play. If your screen surfaces is flat/non-glossy, then it will show detail better when the projector is brighter. Movie screens are pretty reflective, and all of the color(s) you project will be tinted by the surface color of the screen, hence the use of white screens. The reflective quality of a movie screen allows the colors to be much more vivid, but if you are not using a white and or reflective screen, all of the brightness and clarity is completely dependent upon the projector.

#5 ·
Hopefully, you got this sorted in the past 3+ months, but if not, I would also say - never underestimate the effect of a dark space and a 'barely there' or nearly 'ghost' image for Halloween. Sometimes it's what you can't see that makes the effect!

To me, nothing is LESS spooky than bright / glaring lights illuminating every square inch of a room and leaving nothing to the imagination.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.