Logo Design - Page 2 - HauntForum
HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Halloween Discussions > Graphic Design
Forgot Password?

Notices

Graphic Design Forum for the discussion of graphic design elements related to use for a haunt. Includes topics on creation of logos, banners, posters, flyers, use of software, and anything else related to graphic design.

Old 08-27-2015
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Go to fiverr.com you can find designer that will do your logo starting at $5
Old 08-28-2015
Something Wicked

Liked 43 times in 9 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_wac View Post
Go to fiverr.com you can find designer that will do your logo starting at $5
Use them, but be warned that you get what you pay for and more importantly, be ethical too: don't let the lowest bidder pursue a more expensive designer's concept. I see it all the time with my younger colleagues who often use these sites to try and make a quick buck only to be ripped off, having done all the concept work without landing the final gig. 'Nuff said as I'm not trying to generate an argument!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Fearless

Liked 1 time in 1 post

I have the same problem lol I have been trying to come up with a logo for our haunt as well as our haunt club.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Lunatic

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

"Look Ahead, Think in Reverse".
By that I mean, look at how and where your design would be used and reproduced, and use those parameters and or limitations, to tell you and your designer what kind of art needs to be reproduced. Doing something in blazing colors looks neat for a Facebook banner, but it's probably not useable for screen printing shirts, or doing flyers, unless you do large numbers.
Keep your goals in mind, your logo is like a resume for you and your haunt, for many, that is all they will see or remember, so it needs to represent you in the best possible light.
Keep in mind that for flyers, shirts, etc., that you need to include key information (times, dates, locations, cost, rules or limitations, etc.) and that that information has to be easily read and understood, as well as remembered. IT's too easy to get carried away with an elaborate piece of artwork, and have all the important info either not included, or jammed into such a small space that it's unreadable. Trashy looking flyers get tossed and forgotten like toilet paper, and when your flyer, shirt, etc., come out they are competing with a thousand others for the same demographic/group of people.
So, look ahead, and think in reverse, look at the end product, and work your way backwards through all of the steps needed to get there, and you will do okay.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Lunatic

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

These were some quick play with the Haunted Hill Road name, but it's tough to do much more without knowing a look or feel you want, or how it would be used.
These are all black and white (One color) so they could do well for screen printing or for use on photocopied flyers.
This link takes you to an album of Haunt titles I've done. I included these with that album cause I'm too lazy to make an album for this file alone.
Old 1 Week Ago
Fearless

Liked 1 time in 1 post

Im looking for a simple but easy to reconize logos for Both Crimson Rose and The Haunted Pathfinders of Fremont. We need something that we can do everything from business cards to flyers to tshirts, something that looks good in black n white but can be jazzed up with some color
Old 1 Week Ago
Lunatic

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

The same questions arise. What, if any theme or feel do you need or want the logos to impart? For example; Gothic Horror like old Dracula movies or tales, Victorian for a late 19th century/steampunk feel, splattered blood, something with bights taken out of parts of letters for a zombie feel, a Pirate look, Goofy or humorous, cartoonish, etc.
As, I hope, my previous page of samples shows, even the choice of lettering styles or fonts can change how you are perceived.
Maybe a monogram that could be included in each year's design, that could stand alone for use on cards, flyers, screen printing, etc.? Again, you would need to choose a look or feel you want (and can live and grow with). Think: Initials, maybe interlinked for the haunt or company name, with the full name written out and tucked neatly below it.
Old 1 Week Ago
Lunatic

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Here is some quick play with the two titles "Crimson Rose" and "The Haunted Pathfinder o Freemont". The rose images may be a bit too detailed, but simpler versions could be used in their place. I've shown the Crimson Rose in black on white, and white on black so that you could see a potential look using one color on a black or dark colored shirt. All of the designs are shown at two inches wide, a size you could use on business cards or tickets.
These were done without any foreknowledge of your specific wants or desires as to look or feel.
The Crimson Rose design was created so that you could use the monogram or text on it's own and still keep the tie in with the design as a whole. This would allow you to do a business card and or ticket in a portrait/vertical orientation with the monogram larger or smaller proportionately and the text set ti fit the desired width.
The design could be customized by adding cobwebs, thorny vines encircling the monogram, etc.

Last edited by fontgeek; 1 Week Ago at 08:48 PM.