HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Props and Prop Building > Projectors
Forgot Password?

Notices

Projectors Discussion of projectors, scrim, projections, and anything else pertaining to the use of projector machines. (Not for sales or promotion)

Old 6 Days Ago
Frightener

Liked 11 times in 5 posts
Default Dancing skeleton scrim projection

There once was a great site that featured a haunt that was put on for years in CA. I think it was "The Happy Haunting grounds". I can't find it now. It has a great scrum illusion of a ghost that rose from the ground and moved around a cemetery in the background. I wrote them once and they said it was projected on screen porch screen. It was framed by two columns.
I have ordered 12 feet of gray voul, it is 100% polyester and looks like window sheer material. The best part is it's 118" wide. The whole thing with shipping was under $20.

I have a disco skeleton image that I can project on it. I will post pics as I progress. I tried this a few years ago with mosquito netting, it was too thin and the image was too faint.
The following 2 users liked Aquayne's post:
Old 6 Days Ago
Frightener

Auto correct changed "scrim" to "scrum" and i can't edit the title.
Old 6 Days Ago
Totally Gargoylicious

Liked 198 times in 64 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquayne View Post
Auto correct changed "scrim" to "scrum" and i can't edit the title.
Fixed the title for you
Old 6 Days Ago
A Wee Bit Wicked....

Liked 79 times in 31 posts

I'm anxious to see how this works. Please keep us updated.
Old 6 Days Ago
Frightener

I was not sure what color to get. One video showed white when used as a rear projection in a living room window. Black was the color they used in the haunt mentioned so I went with gray. I put the video on you tube at one time. It was under Disco Skeleton, it may still be there.
Old 1 Day Ago
Frightener

I'm still waiting for the material. It is 9'x 12' the height should hide the material edges in the branches around it. If this works I'll probably get a wider piece. I plan on making tombstones for the background. The ones I already made are at my sister's house. I usually set up there because of the subdivision she lives in there are lots of tot's my house has zero. My wife and kids go there so they can tot and I can haunt. Two years ago I set up singing pumpkins a giant 20' spider web, tombstones and a Gemmy inflatable haunted house. We projected Disney's "The Skeleton Dance" on the garage door. The kids loved it. Last year I had to work so she just had the singing pumpkins and was scolded by a few parents for disappointing their kids. I'm planning to take the day off and go and put on the show this year. I now have two projectors of my own and I bought my sister a 800x400 projector for Christmas. The year there will be singing pumpkins, the movie and a disco skeleton in the graveyard. All kid friendly with no scares. Some families took pictures in front of the giant spider wed several years in a row. In case you are wondering, 800x400 looks a little bit better than VHS but not as clear as HD. It is a good compromise for haunt use.
Now if the material would just get here.

Last edited by Aquayne; 1 Day Ago at 11:14 AM.