Haunt Forum banner

2012 Costumes

9K views 66 replies 34 participants last post by  goneferal 
#1 ·
I think this year I will costume as The Grande Aunte!

Anyone else have their costume ideas for Halloween 2012?

Granny Lou

#2 ·
I think I'll be a pirate wench. I'm going to use a pattern that I can easily convert to a witch outfit in the future. We will be in Florida doing the Disney/ Universal thing this year, so I need something lighter for the warmer weather. I'll need to make my boys something too.

#6 ·
I am having trouble deciding on a few ideas for Halloween. Since I am going to kreepfest in Aug I am working on coming up with a zombie prom dress. I tried on my old peach ball gown but couldn't get it zipped. I swear it fit two kids and about 10 years ago! lol If I can't find another gown I might have this one let out to zombiefy it. For halloween its self either going a 40's era or a Wraith! Its hard to decide. If I have lots of haunted events this Oct to attend I might do both!

#35 ·
I am having trouble deciding on a few ideas for Halloween. Since I am going to kreepfest in Aug I am working on coming up with a zombie prom dress. I tried on my old peach ball gown but couldn't get it zipped.!
My daughter and her 2012 Zombie Prom outfit:

The whole thing took about $20 and an hour. Not super awesome, but she liked it. We do like costumes!

#15 ·
I'm still not sure WTF I'll be this year (it has usually been a last minute choice that involves medieval armor) but this year, I think I'll have some better options...

#16 ·
I'm so happy, I finally have support from my gf (we started dating just after last halloween) and she can sew, finally I can do my costume right! Not that previous years sucked.

Its nothing too crazy, just a pumpkin mask with a robe, plant like gloves and some vines. But this year I'll be able to use my stilts because the gf can sew the new robe. Woot 8' tall pumpkin king!

#17 ·
I have nothing for my monster hunter. I can't seam to find the stuff I need for her. Oh well probably throw something to gether last minute and work on my charicter more for next year.

#20 ·
What exactly are you needing?

Heh.

I'm aiming for a steampunk goblin, but I don't know how close to the mark I'll get. I've got an idea for a pipe-through-the-head gag using infinity mirrors that should be a hit if it works.
Oh that should be fantastic, cannot wait to see! Did you see my re-imagined Bride of Frankenstein from last year, it might give you some ideas for your steam punk goblin. (Although I twitch whenever I hear steampunk these days, I shot a steam punk fashion editorial back in 2007 for Gothic Beauty mag, but it's recent popularity has caused people to glue gears to their face and slap goggles on a top hat and call it steampunk. Your costume will rock no doubt!)

well, since my GF broke up with me and i'm now working a haunted house on Halloween, i'm no longer doing the Disney characters. Instead, me and my sister are going to be walking in a zombie fun run that i'm organizing as a zombiefied Effie Trinket and Caesar Flickerman/Seneca Crane (Still haven't decided)
Condolences for the break up (or perhaps celebration is in order?). I'm sure you've heard it many times, but there are other fish in the sea, especially for a talented young lad as yourself. Her loss, eh?

My costume this year......eeep. I'm at a loss. Last year all my time was spent on my re-imagined Bride of Frankie as well as my Beetlejuice costumes, that I had zero time to decorate the yard, even to set up the previous year's display. This year all effort is going into the display. I have an idea for the coin operated clockwork girl which is half prop, half costume. If I build it right, it will basically be a prop I will step into as the lower half will be an exposed hoop skirt of moving gears and pulleys. I will play the mechanical doll. No way I can make this a moving costume this late in the year, so I'll create it static and be able to step out from it. Most likely will wear my wedding dress as it was a striped skirt, polonaise and top hat that should do nicely with the carnivale theme. Have several wigs to choose from and maybe a cracked porcelain doll face make up.

#19 ·
well, since my GF broke up with me and i'm now working a haunted house on Halloween, i'm no longer doing the Disney characters. Instead, me and my sister are going to be walking in a zombie fun run that i'm organizing as a zombiefied Effie Trinket and Caesar Flickerman/Seneca Crane (Still haven't decided)

#21 ·
I'm finally building my stilt costume (mentioned it forever ago, since I haven't been on here in forever). It's basically a tree/totem monster, and my dad and I have been working on the stilts and technical parts for the past couple of days. Got inspired by a few stilt costumes I saw on YouTube ('Stilt Spirits' specifically), but this one is sort of my baby right now C:

#27 ·
One of Spooky1's D&D buddies hosts a Halloween party at his home every year. This was our look for the party - kind of threw it together at the last minute, but it went over well:)

Me posing with the host:

#28 ·
Granny Lou, your costume looks fantastic! And I love Wilma Flintstone on the steps. You did bite her, didn't you? The place the party was held at looks awesome too.
Roxy, You and Spooky1 look great. That doesn't look thrown together at all. Is the host dressed as someone from D&D?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.