Haunt Forum banner

Weird metal boxes found on beaches

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  RoxyBlue 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Is it just me, or does this article appear to be a bit stream-of-consciousness in style?:)

It would be much more credible if it had appeared in the Weekly World News.

#4 ·
I don't think someone would travel all that way and just leave a box. I would hope that they would stop and say Hi! if they are in the area. Back in the 50's and 60's people would probably say the Russians planted them.

#9 ·
I once read a story about an alien IQ test. It was a box that just sat there, waiting for someone to figure out how to open it. That revealed another puzzle, and another, and so on. Every time someone got to a new level, a signal was sent to a monitoring AI in space, who would determine whether the planet had either A) reached a technology worthy of mentioning to its home civilization, or B) made a significant enough jump in a short enough period of time to make them interesting.

I keep thinking it was an Asimov story, but it could have been in Asimov magazine. Or I could be completely wrong about both. I wish I could remember the name of the story.

Anyway, I'm thinking hooking up a truck to it and trying to pull it out of the ground probably would NOT send the kind of message back to the owners that would bring them running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.