Haunt Forum banner

Budget Bodies

292K views 56 replies 39 participants last post by  Jody.Elliott 
#1 · (Edited)
I came up with this idea last year when I needed to make a butt-load of bodies for a meat-locker type room. If you can get on good terms with your local furniture retailer, there is alway going to be an abundance of body building scrap that they will let you have for free (ask nicely folks....this is an awesome resource!!) These bodies ended up costing me about 30 cents each....just the price of the tape used to wrap them up and a few squirts of red paint!
I don't know if a how-to is really necessary, but let me know if you have any questions.....

Packing Foam ( EVERYTHING comes wrapped in this stuff.....free-free-free)
Plastic bags (sofa or mattress packing....free-free-free!)
red spraypaint
colored duct taped (cheapo from Biglots)

Body forms wrapped up and ready to bag

A few hanging in my front yard (yes, my neighbors love me)

the group laid out and ready to go to the haunt.....which one is real?

in the haunt!

See less See more
#37 ·
I needed body bags for my haunt last year, but couldn't figure out a way to make them that I liked. This looks like it will work great with a small modification (mine won't be wearing clothes...I know, I am sick. LOL). thanks for sharing this.

#40 ·
I found this post while I was doing a google search on how to make decent bodies for my upcoming costume party and it made my day. This is fantastic! And as an added bonus I now know about these forums, which I've been missing out on.

#44 ·
I was supposed to do this last year but was too busy with other stuff to get around to it. I'm gonna make a few this year. I bought a few Styrofoam heads and I work at the county recycling center so newpaper for stuffing is not a problem.
I'll post some pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.