Haunt Forum banner

Unstructured Thoughts - What Are You Thinking Now?

3M views 57K replies 408 participants last post by  RedonitoR 
#1 ·
Please read before deciding there's no reason for you to post a reply.

I really don't post as much at message boards as I used to. And there's a reason for that. I get distracted, very easily. I'm just the kind of person with thoughts that often aren't structured. They just happen. For instance, if I'm worried about something, I usually don't want to discuss it but I'd like to just state it. Black and white, clear as crystal, once and have done with it. Unless of course someone else could or has been able to relate to that thought and wants to add to it. I don't want to start a dozen short posts about abstract thoughts just because when I have them I want to discuss them very much. It would be more sensible to, in a sense, have a graveyard for them where I could bury them as they arise.

This simply would eliminate worthless topics which no one would reply to and there's no worry about this topic getting off-topic because that's how it starts. It's not about establishing a pattern of off-topic topics. But for instance... I'm getting a headache right now, so I'd like to elaborate more on this post later on. But I wanted to try and create a post for random thoughts anyone were to have. In case the person having them really felt like sharing them.

I don't have one right now, but I could spill my guts about a lot of little things to other people that mean something to me.

See less See more
#56,221 ·
I just had such sad news. My friend with Pancreatic cancer just passed away. Just about 3 1/2 months from diagnosis. I did get the Creme Brulee to her about 2 weeks ago, wasn't able to eat it with her but she assured me she enjoyed it. I actually had her husband smuggle a second one to her at the hospital last week. She was a special woman and I will miss her a lot.
Hugs to you Hairazor. I am so sorry to hear that your friend and neighbor passed away. I am glad she had you as a friend. Love and friendship make such a difference at the end.

How are you doing?

#56,222 ·
Sorry to hear the news Hairazor. Cancer's a bitch. I've lost too many friends and family to it.

So I hear this new Covid strain is more contagious, but less – um ... impactful. Anyone got the real poop on this? Too many conflicting stories in the news.

Here's hoping everyone has a HEALTHY Christmas season!

Font Organism Cartoon Art Drawing

Cheers!

#56,223 ·
Wizard of Id - haven’t seen one of those comics in a while:) Back when I used to buy the Sunday newspaper, reading the comics was always the first priority. Back when I had a cat, her first priority was sitting on the open newspaper since I usually spread it out on the floor to read.

#56,225 ·
Pretty G, thanks for asking how I am doing. I feel hollow when I look out the window and know I won't see her again, but logically I know she went through so much Hell and she is in a better place.

#56,231 ·
...still hanging up Christmas lights...such a mess

I think I'm going to move my angels to the other side of the yard Driving by no one can see them, just the deer. Love, love the deer!!! I traded in my defective zombie for them.

I used to be able to put outside lights up in two hours. Now it takes me two days and I want help. I hate saying this but I'm beginning to feel old. Or maybe it's because I no longer have anyone to make Christmas for. I miss making family happy. Making other people happy is a huge motivator. I miss my family. I really miss my Mother.

#56,232 ·
Sorry, a little sad there for a moment. I went out to look at the lights and yep no one can see the angels. I'll move them tomorrow. What made me smile was a tiny dollar tree fake tree in the kitchen; and a stuffed snowman. Cute as can be. I went a little crazy this season. I don't know why.

#56,233 ·
I had such a full weekend. Saturday was my appointment at David's Bridal to find my wedding gown. I was thrilled to find out that my experience was nothing like I saw on those wedding dress shows on TV. Sadly there was a little drama when my knees gave out and I collapsed while trying on the dress that ended up being 'the one'. Thankfully, my nephew was waiting nearby and was able to come hoist me up. I was a little shaken up, but I recovered. The day ended pretty well with me getting my special moment of getting teary eyed when I decided my dress the one.
Also, the bridesmaid dresses have been ordered too and I can finally rest up a bit and focus on Christmas for a couple weeks.

#56,234 ·
I think the people in those reality bridezilla shows are deliberately selected on the basis of less-than-desirable personality traits that will guarantee good ratings for the show:p Pretty much true for most “reality” shows, actually.

#56,235 ·
I think the people in those reality bridezilla shows are deliberately selected on the basis of less-than-desirable personality traits that will guarantee good ratings for the show:p Pretty much true for most “reality” shows, actually.
That was what I realized. I mentioned that to the stylist and she laughed. The whole experience was very nice and now I have a beautiful dress!

#56,238 ·
So...here we are again. The Omicron variant is here. I had Sunday off, came in Monday and boom, door codes changed, N-95s back. Some agency person, unvaccinated, came in and now we have covid. I am so tired of this. HR met me at the door to let me know I have to walk a half mile around the building to enter and exit. No lights on the way out btw No worries about coyotes, bobcats or rapists. I brought all of this up but they just avoided. I was very bitchy for awhile. Also, same old, as a result, half the new hires have quit (either by having the decency to quit or by just saying "going for a break" and never coming back). Yep, that happens a lot in medical. It's really kind of funny, well I guess after a while.

Anyway I have an unvaccinated patient (one shot before he was hit by a car) who was taken care of by this unvaccinated, omicron infected agency nurse, on my day off and he is pissed! Guess who gets to deal with him? lol

Sorry, but my advice is the same: wear your masks in public and wash your hands obsessively!!

Also, around Christmas, always wear a reindeer headband with bells under your n-95 and shield. I have them in both red and green. It will keep you happy! 🎅🎅🎅

#56,239 ·
I had such a full weekend. Saturday was my appointment at David's Bridal to find my wedding gown. I was thrilled to find out that my experience was nothing like I saw on those wedding dress shows on TV. Sadly there was a little drama when my knees gave out and I collapsed while trying on the dress that ended up being 'the one'. Thankfully, my nephew was waiting nearby and was able to come hoist me up. I was a little shaken up, but I recovered. The day ended pretty well with me getting my special moment of getting teary eyed when I decided my dress the one.
Also, the bridesmaid dresses have been ordered too and I can finally rest up a bit and focus on Christmas for a couple weeks.

OK, I'm not normally into weddings, but following you I'm kind of really getting into it. Anyway, are you going to post a picture of your wedding dress or the dresses you tried on? Also the bridesmaid dresses. Love to see. Seeing what you posted and said so far, I bet everything is beautiful!!