Haunt Forum banner

2012 $20 Prop Challenge Discussion

30K views 214 replies 49 participants last post by  Cat_Bones 
#1 ·
This is the thread for all discussion concerning the "2012 $20 Prop Challenge: Christmas Corruption."

Please refer to this thread for the official rules.

This is the second year in which we are requiring a theme for the props to be entered. Please see the rules thread for details on the theme.

Everyone be completely aware that winners from the previous challenge (2011 $20 Prop Challenge) are not eligible to win prizes in the current challenge. You may still enter, but your entry will not be in the running for a prize.

Feel free to ask questions, make comments and by all means... talk amongst yourselves. :D

#81 ·
What, Stoll has a prop almost done? Damn!:D

The official rules make this requirement for entry clear. Do remember that you have until May to make 30 new posts. Bethene has given you good advice on this - when you do get on line, pop right into Fun and Games. It's very easy to up your post count quickly there.

#79 ·
tattman98, when you do get to a computer, get on the games section ,I know it has been told to others, but just in case you didn't catch it, I posted it :) you should be able to get the posts caught up quickly there! good luck

#84 ·
Gah Between Family drama and saving money for Hauntcon I'm not sure if I'll get this done in time. Still I like my idea that I came up with so I might do it any how and post pics even if I can't make the dead line.

#87 ·
Craiglist and Beyond...

Anyone have any good avenues of where to find Xmas stuff this time of year???? I got some luck posting on Craigslist that I need any broken or discarded stuff, but other than garage selling. So far Ive got a deer for 10 bucks, motor working just the head not moving on it. Im looking for a Santa head off anything. I dont want to give my idea away, but other than fellow haunters, everyone I know just thinks im nuts for being this obsessed with Halloween. Anyone ever seen the Family Guy where Stewie and Brian go to North Pole...thats where Im heading so far...

#90 ·
I have a Question. What is the value of an old out of service cell phone? It was free with contract 5 years ago. I want to incorporate sound into my prop but even a cheap MP3 player is a fairly large percentage of the $20 budget. I have a few old phone laying around that are perfectly capable of playing an MP3 file just wondering if something like this would be whiten the rules and how much vale I should add to my total.

Tyler

#93 ·
I'm going to move this up so it won't get lost now that we are on a new page. I don't think this question has come up before, so ZombieF will need to give the definitive answer.

#98 ·
Sooooo...I was figuring out the cost for everything I am or will be using to get this prop finished, and being "new" at this...of course I thought *this won't cost so much*. Yeah, right! To my closest guess-tamation... $32.50. So I won't be entering...but gonna finish it, of course. It may even be one of those that Debbie might think is lame...but hey, did I mention that I'm new at this? lol.

#100 ·
Don't feel bad, Ramona. You aren't the first person to end up with a higher budget than originally planned. Even if it can't be entered for the contest, go ahead and make the prop and pop it into Showroom when you're done. You'll be that much further ahead for Halloween:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.