Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG!! The clock is ticking.... 2014

19K views 191 replies 57 participants last post by  Dark Angel 27 
#1 ·
Well it's that time of year again, the faint smell of smoke machine residual is in the air, candy wrappers litter the ground, and pumpkins are smashed throughout the neighborhood.

One must start to think about where the heck they are going to put all the new stuff they bought and..... you are freaking out because there are only 364 days left until Halloween!!

Happy Day after Halloween everyone. Let the planning begin.:googly:

#5 ·
Gee whiz.......The fog hasn't even cleared yet!! Ya'll are Gluttons for punishment LOL.

Halloween isn't quite over yet for us. Our big Party/open house is tomorrow (Saturday) night. I was really hoping for a relaxed day since everything was totally set up and working last night. NOT A CHANCE!!! The wind kicked up Worse than predicted this morning and then we had a huge down pour. Net result: All the weather proofing blew off then all of the electronics and power chords got soaked... and we also had some pretty bad wind damage elsewhere within the haunt... So much for finally getting to enjoy the holiday we so covet...Maybe Next year I can have ONE Day to relax and enjoy :) Fixing things as I type

#8 ·
I didn't do my haunt this year. I took a year off for various reasons, but it gave me a chance to visit some of my local home and pro haunts which really recharged my batteries and got me excited about next year.

I am completely redesigning my haunt from the ground up starting with the entry facade. I am starting work on that this weekend. Lots to do and so little time.

#9 ·
In preparation for the 2014 display, we'll likely start with culling things we don't have a use for anymore or that don't fit our overall theme as we start storing things from this year.

#12 · (Edited)
When I first saw this post a couple of days ago, I about fell out of my chair at work. :D The pressure of the countdown does not hit me until my day dreaming ideas and the number of calendar days left reach a nexus of no return.

Though in 2014, my ideas are grander and the number of calendar days needed will also be grander. Hell or high water (and maybe both)- I will have a corn maze next year.

#15 ·
When I first saw this post a couple of days ago, I about fell out of chair at work. :D The pressure of the countdown does not hit me until my day dreaming ideas and the number of calendar days left reach a nexus of no return.

Though in 2014, my ideas are grander and the number of calendar days needed will also be grander. Hell or high water (and maybe both)- I will have a corn maze next year.
For budget reasons I have been thinking of 2014 for the past month. I know what I want but I am going to use the rest of the calendar year to get it. Flaming zombie corpse pile 2014!

#13 ·
The planning has already began here for sure! My 8 year old daughter has already thought up a new prop for next year that is actually really good so I'll be building that one asap. It sure made a dad feel good knowing my daughter is just as excited as me about it now!

#17 ·
My feet are still aching a bit, but the bulk of the pain is gone. My back hurts a bit from the teardown, but an ibuprofen will dull that considerably.

I'm really happy with this year and I plan on expanding it for next year. I culled a lot of props this year - stuff that I'm just never going to use again. I gave most of it away and I'll give the rest of it out at our next make & take.

I'm excited to start working on next year, but first I've got to get holiday shopping done. After that, it's on to Hallowe'en 2014!!!

#18 ·
The list for 2014 was already started by the things that didn't get fixed/completed before this Halloween that has just passed. I have a polar bear with a motor that wants desperately to be a werewolf. I also have to replace the tubing in the fog machine. I want to make a skull fountain too.

#19 ·
I am currently doing a feasibility study in my head of what I can and cannot pull off for next year. After doing the oversized Lego this year, I want to have an awesome display for the campground next year. I just have to figure out how to theme it. Minecraft, Zombies vs plants, Mario and Luigi, I have no clue. I probably need to start a thread on that and see what advice I get. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.