Haunt Forum banner

2011 Dreadnight Cemetery

4K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  Dreadnight 
#1 · (Edited)
Once again, my MARCH release of the video for this past year :D Can't seem to get these done any faster than that! Anyway, since I like my haunt nice and dark, and it films that way, I added a daytime walkthrough this year. Hope you all enjoy.

#9 ·
I love all the creatures with such great faces in your haunt. I like that wolf head that pops out and I see you made good use of that video projection of the werewolf breaking out of the cage. The wolf on all fours is hands down the best one I've seen here.

Those pumpkinheaded creatures are totally evil looking:)

#10 ·
Many thanx Roxy! The wolf (on all fours) is gonna go thru an upgrade this year.... decided I want him to snarl more (sorta like my avatar), so I'm gonna actually sculpt that into his snout. I'll post pictures as it goes along. Big theme change coming for 2012, but I'm gonna keep that to myself for a while. :jol:

#11 ·
All, I can say is WOW! You really have done some outstanding work! I'm glad you included a daylight walk through, I really wanted a better look at some of your props. They are amazing. I also like all the vignettes you set up, great detailing. The walk up to your house is laid out great too. Your tot's must loose their minds by the time they get to your door! Nice job!!!

#15 ·
I too add a big tick to your setup. As Roxy said - you have some fantastic faces. I love the creatures among the corn. Thanks for the daytime walkthrough - it was great to see how it all looked in daylight too. Well done!!!

#20 ·
Thanks, BD. Would love to host you if you're ever in SOCal around Halloween. HEADLESS, the heads are a combination of corpsed skulls, and store-or-internet bought masks. I'm always on the lookout for unique, great-looking masks for my dummies and we have a seasonal store out here called "Halloween Express" that has had a great series of pumpkin/scarecrow type masks the past couple of years. That was where a lot of those came from, as well as DeathStudios.com

#21 ·
Where to start? You have a fantastic haunt. You're right, you do make the most of the space you have. I took an idea for my corn field from you. Are those real stalks? I love your cemetery. I have the ravens, but I like how you've used them better. Mine are jusr sitting on the ground. What kind of lights do you use in your pumpkins? They seem brighter than what I'm using. All your ghouls are top notch. I bet a lot of tots don't even make it to your door. In the wolfs head that pops out, are you controlling it? That is you off to the side isn't it? Like I said, fantastic haunt, I too would love to see it in person.

#22 ·
Thanks Bela - I mean Scareme :) Yes they're real stalks in a stryo platform - check out my website if you wanna see the full How-To. I pretty much use nomal battery powered tea lights in the jackos, although I will fall victim to other "new fangled" lights sometimes when I see them on sale. The tea lights give a flicker so I think they simulate candles well. As for the TOTs, I'm constantly amazed by how brave even the toddlers are. Of course, they're accompanied by their parents but even then over 95% will go all the way to the door, no problem. My actors know not to scare little ones, and the animations are all hand-trigerred to avoid that as well. Indeed, that is I with the top hat victimizing people with the wolf. Most years I wear a prosthetic fright mask of some kind, but this year I decided the scariest thing I could do was to NOT wear a mask...... and I was right!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.