HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Props and Prop Building > Prop How-To's
Forgot Password?

Notices

Prop How-To's Post your own tutorials here or links to your favorite project tutorials. Please only post direct links to how-to pages, not links to main pages of a web site. Please use the Links forum for that.

Old 09-27-2012
Frightened

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

By far, the most well-done I've seen yet. Wow.
Old 10-16-2012
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts
Default Madame Leota video available?

Hi,
I'm working on my own Madame Leota, using Mr. Chicken's awesome tutorial, but need the video.

Unfortunately, he no longer has the file/download link. Does anyone have his version (or another great version) available for download?

I've been 'lurking' this forum for a while, and I'm looking forward to completing this Leota project and more.

Thanks,
-Kurt
kjohnsonleedap[at]gmail.com
Old 10-17-2012
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Would converting the Youtube video work?
Old 10-19-2012
Lunatic

Liked 17 times in 8 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic View Post
Hi,
I'm working on my own Madame Leota, using Mr. Chicken's awesome tutorial, but need the video.

Unfortunately, he no longer has the file/download link. Does anyone have his version (or another great version) available for download?

I've been 'lurking' this forum for a while, and I'm looking forward to completing this Leota project and more.

Thanks,
-Kurt
kjohnsonleedap[at]gmail.com
I believe I can help you out with that drop me a PM and I will if I can email it to you

My prop information page: http://www.freewebs.com/hpropman/
Old 01-27-2013
Super Moderator

Liked 110 times in 40 posts

I'm interested in the HD video if anyone is willing to share.
Old 01-27-2013
Desensitized

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Where are we at with this? I was totally hoping to do something for next October.

C.
Old 08-09-2013
Scared Silly

Liked 68 times in 21 posts

Problem solved, folks! Here's your replacement:

More info:http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=36085
Old 10-20-2013
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

For those still following this thread.. I am a total clueless newbie. I have never built anything like any of these items on this page (but I do think I am crafty). That being said, I looked online for the effects of using a magic eraser on clear plastic and everything online said it would come out clear. I got my spirit ball globe and with some SERIOUS elbow grease (and about 25 minutes), I was able to get all the silver off of the front half of the globe.. HOWEVER, it did leave it slightly cloudy. I washed it out with soap and water, dried it, then took my dremel and put on the felt polishing head and buffed out the cloudiness. Worked like a champ. I did buy my spirit ball from craigslist and was told they were selling it because the teen kids were chasing around the little kids scaring them with it.. So it has quite a few scratches on it.. I polished some out but most are deep. I think I will use the lemon oil like another poster tried but even with the scratches, I think it came out pretty good. I was having a hard time (remember, stay home mom not mechanical! ;o) trying to find a way to keep the foam head on the base. Since I love to cook, I was thinking "kitchen" and on the inside base were our spirit head was attached were 2 screw holes. One in front, one in back. I took wooden skewers and pushed them into the holes (fit perfectly) cut them shorter and will push her head down on it when I am done fixing her hair and face. Anyway, that is the "I have no idea what I am doing" way of doing it for those other newbies that are like me.