HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Halloween Discussions > Haunt Tactics and Techniques
Forgot Password?

Notices

Haunt Tactics and Techniques Share your thoughts on the fine art of Amateur and professional haunting techniques.

Old 06-27-2010
Frightener

Liked 32 times in 17 posts
Default Yard walk through

Well I did a garage haunt last year(first time). It was a lot of work. I always do a yard display. Just to change things up I am thinking of doing a yard walk through. I need some help. If I could get some links to different yard walk throughs either on youtube or websites that would be great. I am really having a hard time starting to put the plan on paper. I have haunters block. I want to do a walkthrough but do not want to sacrifice my display appearence as an overgrown forgotten cemetery. Please help!
Old 06-27-2010
Frightened

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I love your yard display! I can't think of any websites but do you have a large back yard with some trees? Was thinking you could string up some black plastic and make a spooky walkthough in the back yard. Rope off your yard display in a kind of waiting line sort of thing so they get to pass each display,walk them through the back yard spook trail, then exit again in the front somehow.Hope this helps.
Old 06-28-2010
Desensitized

Liked 10 times in 4 posts

I was forced to haunt the backyard last year because we were finishing our basement and stuff was in the garage. I put a few pics of it up on my website, but I only got half way through the haunt and the pictures are very high quality so they take awhile to load. Here's the link: http://theterrorhauntedhouse.yolasite.com/pictures.php

I started building in early August. I ended up having paths leading from room to room. We actually got a massive snowstorm a few days before Halloween. The 30th was spent shoveling snow for paths- all day. But the snow helped make a nice natural barrier in our courtyard.

What is your budget like?
Old 06-28-2010
Lunatic

Liked 6 times in 5 posts

I do a walk through in my yard and use the 10x10 tents as various rooms. The only problem is the weather. Here in Jersey we are guaranteed 50 mph winds the entire month of October. It makes set up early a bit difficult. This year I'm adding plywood "walls" to add weight to each tent, hopefully to prevent them from blowing down. My budget......ZERO!!!!! We've been doing it for about 5 years now.
Old 06-30-2010
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

We do a yard haunt that was moved to the backyard 2 years ago. We utilize various tents and a wooden wall system for the dark area that opens into the graveyard.
This year we have a 20x30 party tent to play with, so it will make setup a bit easier this go around.
You can see some pics on the link in my sig.
Old 07-01-2010
Totally Gargoylicious

Liked 97 times in 36 posts

Steve, are you looking to have scare areas so that walls/rooms are needed or just trying to come up with a way for people to get through your display in a directed way?
Old 07-09-2010
Fearless

Liked 6 times in 2 posts

Steve,
I do a yard walk through! You can check my pics and website Ravencrest Cemetery. I use rope lights to mark a path, I created 2-sided tombstones for the areas between the path and the fence, and last year I started dividing the yard in two, with a tunnel built from garden arches and covered in a tarp and erosion control fabric...gives people one set path to follow and allows for different "themes" in the yard. Also helps tame some wind so the fog sticks around.

http://www.amandasnightmare.com
Old 07-09-2010
Frightener

Thanks
Old 07-09-2010
Frightener

Liked 12 times in 11 posts

I have a plan in my profile for my backyard haunt. Measurements are approximate and it doesn't come together until I start building.
Old 07-09-2010
Frightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeon Keeper View Post
We do a yard haunt that was moved to the backyard 2 years ago. We utilize various tents and a wooden wall system for the dark area that opens into the graveyard.
This year we have a 20x30 party tent to play with, so it will make setup a bit easier this go around.
You can see some pics on the link in my sig.
I like the canopy idea in the back yard. I love your photos. It sure don't look like you are in a tent in the photos very nic e details. I have access to 3 10X20 tents and as many as 8 10X10's. Just not sure if I have enough help to pull it off. I may just go with a simple walk through the yard I already do as a display. I have a few new animated scares this year to add along the way like a TCT and an air cannon.

Thanks so far everyone for all your comments