Haunt Forum banner

Quick & Easy Armature

51K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  kimmilligan64 
#1 ·
This is a way I came up with to make quick, cheap and easy armatures for props that appear to be coming out of the ground (Zombies, etc.).

Materials/Tools:
(you can use wadded-up newspaper instead of a wig head; tomato cages are available here)

First, turn the tomato cage upside-down, so that the largest circle is on the ground. Then, bend the 2 wires opposite eachother into the shape of arms. Remember to make shoulders, too:

Bend the third wire straight down, then up 90° at the middle of the top circle Cut the wire to an appropriate length so the wig head will slide all the way down:

Place the wig head onto the center wire (there are holes in the center of the necks:

Put newspaper around the shoulders to add padding:

See less See more
#11 ·
Great idea. Especially if you just want to fill space for effect. You could knock out several of these in an afternoon. And it makes me wonder why the simplest ideas are always the least obvious. Thanks. I will add these to my list of things to do next week.

#14 ·
I bumped up my thread for these from 3/2007 to show everyone some variations.

I use milk jugs for under the masks, it is even cheaper and you can put a glow stick in there and it will glow thru' the eye holes. Plus you can color the eye area with marker or place colored plastic over that area to make a different look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.