HauntForum 2010 DVD Submissions
I am ready to begin receiving video submissions for the 2010 HauntForum DVD Compilation... The Blood of HauntForum DVD
. This set will consist of multiple DVDs of haunt videos and photo slideshows as submitted by you, the members of HauntForum. There will be an extras section on the discs if anyone wants to submit behind the scenes photos, extra videos or other special material.
This post contains info on how to submit, what formats are usable and other necessary information.
This post is going to be long, so you need to READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE SUBMITTING.
I will only accept video that is in the following format:
- The deadline for submissions is February 28, 2011. All entries sent in after that date are not guaranteed to appear on the set. Once I begin making master copies of the DVD(s), no more submissions will be accepted.
- Submissions must be from registered members of HauntForum. Anyone submitting who is not a member will not be included in this set.
- I am only accepting completed submissions this year. If you have still photos, please compile them into a video slideshow (Windows Movie Maker can do this) and submit your finished slideshow as your video.
- Try to keep the duration of your submissions as short as possible while still giving your haunt a good showcase.
- Try to show each prop for no more than 10 - 20 seconds unless it has a long cycle time, or has some unique feature/function that you really feel needs to be shown off in great detail.
- Don't show the same prop more than once or twice. Your props are very nice, but to keep the DVD moving along at a steady pace, it's best if you don't show the same item over and over again. A daytime and/or night time shot is sufficient.
- Entries that are excessively long may be edited down for time. Please, don't show the same prop for long periods of time or more than once or twice.
- No entry shall be used to advertise or otherwise mention Halloween-oriented businesses except in the case that your entry is that of a pro or charity haunt. This means urls for business web sites, text or audio promoting a business or product, or any other means of promoting a business. Links to personal sites and pro haunt web sites are acceptable. Submissions containing ads may be edited or even rejected altogether.
- If you use background music in your video, please try to mention who composed the music and include a web address for the composer. If possible, try to obtain permission from the musician or record company who owns the copyright.
- Framerate MUST be 29.97 fps (commonly referred to as 30 frames per second). Anything other than that may not function properly on the DVD and may be excluded from the set if this is the case.
- I can only accept video in the NTSC format, not the European PAL format. PAL formatted video may not function properly on the DVD and may be excluded from the set if this is the case.
Here are the file formats that will work best for this project:
- Video: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, AVI. The higher the resolution of the video, the better it will look on DVD (720 x 480 or larger is recommended).
- Audio: WAV, MP3, PCM, AC-3, MP2.
- Tapes and DVD: I am able to transfer from a DVD, but not from VHS tape. I no longer own a VCR, so if all you have is a tape, you may need to have your video transferred to DVD at your cost or see if you can find somebody who can help out with the transfer.
The Windows WMV format is usable, but due to its extreme amount of compression, I suggest you DO NOT use it. If you have no other means of editing video other than the Windows Movie Maker, you do have the option to save your video as an AVI file. Please do so. Using the WMV format is done at the risk of having your video appear overly compressed on the DVD.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submissions can come in two ways. The first and simplest way would be for you to transfer your video file(s) to DVD or CDROM and mail it to me. I can then transfer the video file(s) into my PC and work with it from there. Please do not create menus or other such frills. Just transfer your file(s) onto the disc.
If you mail me a disc, be sure to include your Username, Haunt Name, City/State, web address (if applicable), or any other info you'd like added with your submission. Submissions can be mailed to:
You need to notify me if you would like your source CD or DVD returned to you, and you need to be able to pay return shipping.
119 Pleasant St.
Pembroke, MA 02359
I am not responsible for the disc if it is damaged or lost in shipping, so please only ship to me at your own risk
The second way to submit is via FTP. Users of the FireFox browser
are in luck! If you visit FireFox's Extensions site
and download the FireFTP Extension
, you can simply click the link below and be automatically logged in to the FTP site.
Due to the special syntax to log into the ftp via the link below, Internet Explorer users can not simply click the link below and will instead need to install an FTP client (such as FileZilla
) and log in manually using the information provided below.
Regardless of the method you use to get into the FTP site, once you've logged in, create a directory for yourself and name it the same as your forum username. Then double click that folder and upload all of your video, sound and image files into that folder by simply dragging and dropping your files into your new directory. You will then need to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with your Username, Haunt Name, City/State, web address (if applicable), and any other info you want included on the DVD.
If you are using Internet Explorer or just want to manually log in with your favorite FTP software, please use the information below to log in:
Again, don't forget to e-mail me
that you have uploaded your files and tell me your Haunt Name, Username, City/State, and web address (if applicable).
If you have any questions at all, feel free to post a new thread in the Questions, Comments, and Feedback Forum
and I will answer it at my earliest convenience. DO NOT post your question to an existing thread as it may not be noticed or answered.
As I start to receive new submissions, I will make a reply to this post listing all the submissions I have successfully received. If your name does not appear on that list, please be sure to contact me by e-mail
concerning your entry.