13 Steps to throwing a wicKED Halloween Party - HauntForum
HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Halloween Discussions > Party Ideas and Recipes
Forgot Password?

Notices

Party Ideas and Recipes Post your Halloween Party experiences, party ideas, recipes and anything related to Halloween Partying here!

Old 09-02-2012
Uneasy

Liked 4 times in 3 posts
Default 13 Steps to throwing a wicKED Halloween Party

If you are new at this, or an old pro, tips and tricks on how you can throw the ultimate Halloween party!

http://wickedwaysproductions.blogspo...-planning.html
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012
Clean "cut"

Liked 36 times in 15 posts

That was thought provoking, thanks
Old 09-02-2012
Frightener

Liked 5 times in 4 posts

Interesting reading. I do like the idea of doing a 'glow' themed party...seems like almost a 'secondary' theme...people could still do what ever costume they want, just tie on some neon accents or glow paint or what ever.

Strangely, the parties I've left open themed, people seemed to dress up quite a bit. If I state a theme, it seems like fewer people dress up?!?! Maybe this can bridge the gap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012
Uneasy

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairazor View Post
That was thought provoking, thanks
Thank you!
Old 09-02-2012
Uneasy

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey872 View Post
Interesting reading. I do like the idea of doing a 'glow' themed party...seems like almost a 'secondary' theme...people could still do what ever costume they want, just tie on some neon accents or glow paint or what ever.

Strangely, the parties I've left open themed, people seemed to dress up quite a bit. If I state a theme, it seems like fewer people dress up?!?! Maybe this can bridge the gap.
I have tried full theme parties twice with less than stellar results. I think it really made a few people not even show up where if it is just a good old Halloween costume party, it leaves the creative idealism up to the individual. I must admit that I have several themes going on at once. I always have an extreme black light area with a RIDICULOUS amount of black lights. I have an have a grave yard in the front yard and camp crystal lake in the back. A psycho shower scene in one bathroom and the Texas Chainsaw Masacre clean up going on in the other. I like variety and I think you are on the right track with your way of thinking! Please let me know how it goes and thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-02-2012
Frightener

Liked 5 times in 4 posts

That settles it! No more full themed parties! Though I think I'll experiment with this 'secondary' theme a bit more. Sounds like that might actually be a bit more interesting....wear what ever you want, and if you want it to glow, all the better!

I like the blood/mirror bit, too. Your psycho shower scene also inspired me. Perhaps a monster cut-out and a couple of well-placed strobe lights? Not necessarily a see-through shower curtain, but if a person happened to see the flash and shadow of a monster/ person with a knife? Could scare the pee out of them! Well, at least they would be in the bathroom!
Old 09-03-2012
Uneasy

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey872 View Post
That settles it! No more full themed parties! Though I think I'll experiment with this 'secondary' theme a bit more. Sounds like that might actually be a bit more interesting....wear what ever you want, and if you want it to glow, all the better!

I like the blood/mirror bit, too. Your psycho shower scene also inspired me. Perhaps a monster cut-out and a couple of well-placed strobe lights? Not necessarily a see-through shower curtain, but if a person happened to see the flash and shadow of a monster/ person with a knife? Could scare the pee out of them! Well, at least they would be in the bathroom!
Absolutely. Sometimes the simplistic approach has the biggest pay offs. Think about how just spooking up the bathroom with a theme can have a profound effect on an entire party. Not sure which bathroom scenes you saw but here are a few just for good measure.

All the things in these pictures are SUPER simple to make if you are interested. Let me know!
Old 09-03-2012
Amateur by definition.

Liked 18 times in 13 posts

Sweet!
Old 09-27-2014
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

How did you do the Psycho Shower scene?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicKED View Post
Absolutely. Sometimes the simplistic approach has the biggest pay offs. Think about how just spooking up the bathroom with a theme can have a profound effect on an entire party. Not sure which bathroom scenes you saw but here are a few just for good measure.

All the things in these pictures are SUPER simple to make if you are interested. Let me know!
Old 09-29-2014
Lunatic

Liked 4 times in 3 posts

The thing is, you can have a theme for your party without "forcing it down your guests throats" by "forcing" them to come dressed to match your theme.
Though some themes are easier to get people to deal with.
I would think an "Addams Family" family reunion would work well. With all of the weird relationships mentioned in the TV show and movies, it would be fairly easy for almost any costume to work for you.
But welcome people regardless of their costume, or lack there of.