HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Props and Prop Building > Technological Terror
Forgot Password?

Notices

Technological Terror For the discussion of items of technology such as motors, controllers, motion sensors, audio boards etc. Also to discuss how to hack commercial electronic props.

Old 05-06-2013
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts
Default Affordable Projector?

Hi guys. I am looking to possibly add a projector to my Halloween display but I only have a couple hundred bucks. Looking to use it to project holograms and animation on my window.

My setup:

Lightning - I have 3 main FX I want to use this year. Lightning FX - have one of the Christmas Boxes and halogen light setups. Worked great last year.

Hologram - I am using Big Scream TV Plexiglass method in my window. I used a flat screen last year to shine up at the Plexiglass but was not happy with it. This is where the projector comes in.

Light Controller - Also new at my disposal this year is a 16 channel lights-o-rama controller. I want to use this to run the show and add some singing pumpkins this year.

I basically have to rethink my entire setup this year but I thought I would start with trying to find a projector and figuring out how to integrate my new 16 channel controller.
Old 05-06-2013
Fearless

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I'm looking to add a projector too...
I actually bought a used one on eBay tat was listed as fully functional but did not light on arrival...
I guess I should have paid more attention to the return policy and shipping.
The seller will refund my purchase and initial shipping but not the return shipping.
Had she sent it insured we could have made a claim but alas I am out $35.00 insured return shipping out of the haunt budget and still no projector...
Good luck!
Old 05-11-2013
Petrified

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Ahhh that bites. I have found some in the $200 dollar range but were not sure if they were even worth it. The one below is only 900 Lumens which might not be bright enough.

$199
http://ultraprojector.com/
Old 05-11-2013
Desensitized

Liked 29 times in 12 posts

Focalprice.com might be worth checking out. I bought a few tablets from this site. The prices are fair as long as you don't mind waiting for shipping from China
Old 05-11-2013
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Columbia Manor did a review on the EyeClops mini projector you might check out that video on You Tube. to see if it would work. I picked mine up on Ebay for less than $50
Old 05-11-2013
Lunatic

Liked 21 times in 11 posts

There are 3 or 4 (maybe more) other threads on this subject. If you can find them you may gain some more info on this subject. I am also looking for projectors this year.
Old 05-11-2013
Right hand of Roxy

Liked 38 times in 17 posts

We got a Digital Galaxy 747 to use this year in our haunt. It was the best price I could find on a more powerful projector.
Old 05-11-2013
Frightener

Liked 7 times in 4 posts

It depends what you want to do. I have a torpedo with low lumens for my singing pumpkins. It is visible after dark but not during twilight. I have a 747 and we love it. I have the one with the MH 150watt bulb. they are very cheap, 15.00, abd last for over a year of cartoon viewing at my house. It is not super high quality image. SVGA Looks better than vhs but not HD. 800X600 1500LUMENS. Works great for smaller images or ghostly bigger images. I think it is pervect for the price. If you can afford XGA with 3000 lumens all the better. If you want ghostly images cast on walls or windows try the fresnel lense set up with tube tv's from thrift stores. They are now about 20.00 tops.
Old 05-15-2013
Frightener

Liked 7 times in 4 posts

Look on ebay for this projector.

NATIVE 1280*768 LED projector(proyector) HD Ready LCD Video Projector with HDMI

I wish it was available when I bought mine. It looks great.
Wayne