HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Props and Prop Building > Prop How-To's
Forgot Password?

Notices

Prop How-To's Post your own tutorials here or links to your favorite project tutorials. Please only post direct links to how-to pages, not links to main pages of a web site. Please use the Links forum for that.

Old 10-13-2007
Frightener

Liked 7 times in 5 posts
Default Graveyard Cemetery Fence How-to Yard Haunt

Another brief how I did it show & tell:

"Video was taken immediately following our Halloween Yard Haunt prior to dismantling. The unscripted prop descriptions are as complete as time would allow. Hopefully informative for first-time yard haunters. Put the entire display up in 9 hours on Halloween. Video Oct 31, 2006."

See my “Halloween Yard Haunt 2006 Trick-or-Treaters” video for the entire Yard Haunt in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ScdDV3Lj0U
Note: I re-did the link on Oct 15, 2007 at 3:25AM EST to add some subtitles and examples from how the fences worked in the haunt. The old link won't work. This new one will be a little more informative. Thanx.

Last edited by Fright Zone; 10-15-2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Edited for new video link
Old 10-16-2007
Frightened

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

I like your fence and the use of the shelf brackets. Thanks for the idea
Old 10-16-2007
Still scaring children

Liked 4 times in 1 post

I like the idea of containing the fog.
Old 10-16-2007
Frightener

Liked 7 times in 5 posts

^^ Thanx. Sometimes those shelf brackets come apart right out of the package. Luckily we just had enough. Also be careful when you paint. Do that first then drill holes otherwise the paint and primer builds up enough to make it harder to fit on the shelf brackets. I staggered the placement of the brackets but they should be centered. I was trying to get too fancy and it wasn't necessary. But it worked and I can store it in bundled pieces.

^ Thanx. Yes it worked well. I got the idea from Cedar Point amusement Park's Halloweekends event set-up. They used black border tarp fences on stakes to define the areas and in most cases contain fog to certain areas and it worked. They adjust the placement of their high wattage foggers every night depending on the weather conditions. But the basic concept works well. You can sort of see it at 3:25 to 3:55 and 6:40 to 7:15 in my other video link Cedar Point HalloWeekends 2006 Fear Faire 2. It doesn't show it perfectly because of the wind at that moment the video was shot but you get the idea of the set-up. That's a 4400W constant fogger in use no chiller.

Last edited by Fright Zone; 10-16-2007 at 05:34 PM.