HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > Props and Prop Building > Foggers
Forgot Password?

Notices

Foggers Discussion of fog machines, fluid, scent additives, and anything else pertaining to fog machines can be found here.

Old 10-29-2008
Lunatic

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Welcome to the site kentuckyspecialfxdotcom!

Good to have another "techie" type on board!
Old 10-29-2008
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

i have a fogger pump that laid down on me i tried cleaning and the vaseline thing but it just wont work.... i hate to say it but its a cheapo from china via ebay.... anyways the pump is a 120v 60hz motor and also has 30dsb-zjf on it will the rear window washer pump work for mine or do i need to buy a fogger from walmart steal the pump and take it back? lol
Old 10-30-2008
Uneasy

Liked 1 time in 1 post

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-within View Post
....... anyways the pump is a 120v 60hz motor and also has 30dsb-zjf on it will the rear window washer pump work for mine or do i need to buy a fogger from walmart steal the pump and take it back? lol

I'm totally shocked at this thought.... the very thought that a fellow american would encourage such activity...One time...or twice.. But to "long-term BORROW" THREE pumps, would just be applauding.
Old 10-30-2008
Uneasy

Liked 1 time in 1 post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckyspecialfxdotcom View Post
.... You got one hell of a fogger on your hands for sure for a couple of minutes, fog starts shooting out from every orifice of the unit, it's actually kinda cool, monty1269 would apprecieate seeing something like that with the whole franken fogger idea.
aaawww man...dont squash my dreams. LOL! <long pause> ...but that would be cool to see. LOL!

Quote:
....I usually wind up giving away a couple of repaired foggers here and there, ....
I've given the neighbors a few of my older 400W units to encourage them a littel bit. - it helped! hooray!

Quote:
After all halloween to me is what christmas is to the normals.
OH yeah!!! but then again...*I* do the winter holidays too! Yep, I've got issues. ... but after scarin the poop outta the kids on on holiday, I make 'em smile the next couple months. ying-yang kinda thing I guess...??

If yer interested in helping/suggesting next years' FRANKIN' FOGGER let me know!! I'm now on a mission to find the best parts and piece one together.
Old 10-30-2008
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Dog View Post
Welcome to the site kentuckyspecialfxdotcom!

Good to have another "techie" type on board!
WAZZUP MOON DOG!
Old 10-30-2008
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

If yer interested in helping/suggesting next years' FRANKIN' FOGGER let me know!! I'm now on a mission to find the best parts and piece one together.[/QUOTE]

I will post a pic of the fogger we built, if you guys want some of this decon high temp sealant you can have all you want just send me a couple of bucks ( 5 bucks is sufficent), the stuff has a shelf life of one year before it has to put into service and we have a crap load of it, it comes in a rope type reel in a big can and you wont find a better high temp sealant.
One of our shop guys has a hot rod and used it ( A CRAP LOAD OF IT WITH OUT MY PERMISSION ) as a header gasket on his alcohol hot rod, so im pretty convinced it will seal what ever in the hell you want it to.
I mean look up the specs on decon 3300 its good from 500 deg to 1600 degrees.
About 4 inches of it will seal a constant fogger screw down plate you just slice it into strips.
THE ONLY CATCH is you will have to break the sealant in right becasue for the first few hours it stinks but after it cures its well worth it.
As always you guys can call me after halloween for details AFTER HALLOWEEN though, LOL!
My wife came out of the office and reminded me ( by smacking me in the head with bucky arm ) that I still dont have the decos for the yard done so looks like my works not over yet, DAM! I can't get a break!

Mike Bisch Kentuckyspecialfx.com 502-836-1674
Old 10-30-2008
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-within View Post
i have a fogger pump that laid down on me i tried cleaning and the vaseline thing but it just wont work.... i hate to say it but its a cheapo from china via ebay.... anyways the pump is a 120v 60hz motor and also has 30dsb-zjf on it will the rear window washer pump work for mine or do i need to buy a fogger from walmart steal the pump and take it back? lol
I would get another cheap fogger.
Unless you can send me a pic of inside.
The window washer motor wont work unless you have transfomer stepping the voltage down remeber they are 12v.
By the time I got you a 120v pump and shipped you could have bought another 19.00 fogger, plus it's the 30th we all know the next few days are gonna be like friggin christmas on foggers, hell, I bet you could find em for about 15.00 in some places.
Old 10-30-2008
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty1269 View Post
I'm totally shocked at this thought.... the very thought that a fellow american would encourage such activity...One time...or twice.. But to "long-term BORROW" THREE pumps, would just be applauding.
Great now foggers all over the place are going to be missing pumps! ROFL!
Old 10-30-2008
Uneasy

Liked 1 time in 1 post

Well...If they built 'em right the first time, i.e. american made, they wouldnt need to 'fix' them so much.

and lets talk about this sealant. your 'hot rodder' guy used it as a header gasket!?!? Wooo-boy. I'm not too sure 'bout that one. Hopefully it was a emergency repair and has replaced it since.?? (I'm also the Director of the Florida LX Club... Chargers, Magnums (mine), 300's, Challengers)
Old 10-30-2008
Uneasy

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty1269 View Post
Well...If they built 'em right the first time, i.e. american made, they wouldnt need to 'fix' them so much.

and lets talk about this sealant. your 'hot rodder' guy used it as a header gasket!?!? Wooo-boy. I'm not too sure 'bout that one. Hopefully it was a emergency repair and has replaced it since.?? (I'm also the Director of the Florida LX Club... Chargers, Magnums (mine), 300's, Challengers)
Nope he actuallly used the stuff a his gasket for perm, he couldnt get the machine shop to cut him the thickness of copper he wanted in time for some big race so he went to our supply wall and helped himself.
Still works just fine and dandy to this day not one black mark and he runs his stuff rich as can be so you would be able to spot a leak a mile away.

Ive got a 74 Nova - Purple ( The Wife Said So ) - SS Aluminum Craigers - Straight Lake 4in Side Pipes - Hooker Comp FL Headers - 383 Blue Print Stroker Block - SLP Aluminum PandP Heads - Dual Matched 4150 Holleys w/ 671 B&M Intercooled Blower 18 psi - Tubbed 4inch in Rear with Moser rear setup - Turbo 400 Trans Cottman - 12 point cage - Aluminum floor and guts - Wilwood brakes front + rear and a hidden go go juice bottle just in case.
It looks heavy untill you get close then you can see the work.
Ever since I started the business I havent had time to go racing ( wife still drives it ocassionally though ) every time I drive it I get in trouble, LOL!
I still cant get the car to launch straight, once the wheels come up it pulls hard to the left.