Haunt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about finished.
All I need to do is make some hands & install the movement.

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
That looks really good. Is it going to be displayed inside or out?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Outside, the face is 3'x3' should be readable from the street. The min hand will sweep backwards & the hour hand will be fixed at 13 oclock. I'm thinking about lighting it with our holiday slide light so I can just light the face.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
done!
bad bideo:

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
That's really fantastic. Could you post a pic of just the hands, I couldn't quite make them out in the video.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here ya go slimy

now to figger out how to keep the fishing line for my FCG from jumping the pulley.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Problem is the central line that holds up the head & torso. the crank arm passes fairly close to the pulley & adds lateral tension to the line which makes it slide out of the pulley. I'm thinking i'll try adding a counterballance weight & see if it changes the pully position enough to stop it from jumping.

Alternatively I'll try just using an Ibolt & forgo the pulley; but I had to upgrade the motor already because tho old one coulden't handle the torq. I thought about moving the motor forward but that's a pain I don't want to get into.
I really should just shorten the crank but I like the amount of movement I'm getting & a shorter crank=less movement.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my FCG, halfcracked. I added the counterbalance and had it threaded through 2 eyebolts and the main line (head/torso) still kept jumping on occassion. This was finally solved by hanging pullies on the eyebots for the counter balance. I used a long 5/16" eyebolt with a stack of washers tightened with a nut as my counter weight. That way I can quickly rebalance the counter weight by adding or removing washers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yeah...
Turns out the pulleys were actually causing more headaches than they were worth. got rid of the pulleys & just ran the line through the eyebolts. working like butter now. All ready to go out this weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts