Haunt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

Hancock fabrics is closing down a store. I go in to find that the 45/48 (?) inch burlap is on sale for $1.21/yard so I buy $20 worth. Seemed reasonable at the time.:D

I figured I could cut some patterns out of it and attach the pieces to the front of the house, I don't know, like fake scroll work or something.

Anyhoo, what else can I do with this stuff? I have a lot of burlap to work with so let the ideas fly!

Thanks for your support.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Lots of people use burlap for their monster mud. With that much of it, you should be able to make something about 20 feet tall!!!!! :p

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
wall coverings
tablecloths
reaper robes
scarecrow clothes
black ghosts

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great suggestions. Please keep them coming.

Jeff, what exactly do you mean by "back lighting". I know it is probably obvious but can you give me an example? Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
is it black or what? i've never seen black burlap. anyway, you can "distress" a bunch of it (shredding and cutting it). and hang it from the windows, hang some from the porch bannisters?, bushes, around the front door? lots of options.

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it is black. The store had some other colors also.

At first I was thinking I just went overboard but at that price...what the heck? I think it can unify everything?....maybe?...kinda?....hmmmmm....

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I think it can unify everything?....maybe?...kinda?....hmmmmm....
I can see it now... 1 week after Halloween... the decorations all packed away... Bayou sitting in the living room, looking at the bare, un-burlapped walls, drinking a White Russian...

"Man... that burlap really tied the room together..."

:smoking:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have used regular brown/tan distressed burlap draped over furniture for a number of Halloween parties. It's a great way to turn a new room old quickly and cheaply. No reason that black burlap couldn't achieve the same result.

And yeah Revenant, you're so on. I remember nights after my Halloween parties after removing the burlap thinking how much more character the stuff gave my room...haha. :)

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, that is what I thought you meant but my brain is functioning on about 2 hours sleep. Easy things just don't make sense at the time. LOL!

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can see it now... 1 week after Halloween... the decorations all packed away... Bayou sitting in the living room, looking at the bare, un-burlapped walls, drinking a White Russian...

"Man... that burlap really tied the room together..."

:smoking:

I think I been watching too many shows on HGTV!

Liam, I think that might be called "Shabby Shriek". LOL!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts