Haunt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't beleive they are selling FCGs for 300 bucks! I mean come on! And that lady in Eastlake who bought $20,000 worth of props from these guys...what a sucker.
Direct link:http://www.xtremecreators.com/NewMedia.html
Home page:http://www.xtremecreators.com
I do like the Impaler, but the rest could be homemade as opposed to buying them at such outragious prices. Maybe this should go in Haunts and displays, but since I'm linking to a company...Oh well.

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
WoW, what i could do with $20,000. Hmmm.... all the cool props i could make myself. Means more to me that i made it. :> I 2nd that, what a sucker! LOL

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Man, what home haunter has 20 thousand to spend on a display. I don't! I wish I did, but if I had 20k my wife would spend it first. So even if I had it, I wouldn't have it to spend on my display.

What the guy should have done is bought this guy.Picture below. This guy had 6 arms and rises from the ground. I think he is 3 stories tall. I really wanted to this when I went to Transworld. But, I still don't have the money.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
There must be more to the show than that. The animatronic skeleton thing is bad ass. But $20,000? they are into it way more than I will ever be. :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hib's gotta be right about there being more to the show than that. I kept thinking more along the lines of 2500 or 3000 tops. Even then, I didn't see anything that was that great. The animatronic thing was okay, but nothing spectacular. For 20,000 bones I was expecting it to be something a little more. If that's all there is to it, somebody got ripped big time.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sinister said:
Hib's gotta be right about there being more to the show than that. I kept thinking more along the lines of 2500 or 3000 tops. Even then, I didn't see anything that was that great. The animatronic thing was okay, but nothing spectacular. For 20,000 bones I was expecting it to be something a little more. If that's all there is to it, somebody got ripped big time.
Well, it seems upon furthur inspection that that house belongs to the folks who built those props. At least I think so. Even so 20 grand is alot, but it does go to Multiple Sclerosis charities, if anyone buys thier stuff.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I can't see paying that much for so little. I'm not a big impaler fan anyways and the FCG I can build all day for <$50. Hell for $20,000 I could have almost bought my house cash!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
That is just ridiculous...
although it's for charity i hear....so that is good .
The things i could do with that .but wasting money ( 300 buckaroonies on a fcg) like that is not good sense.
I think it is just because they could they did. Trying to live up to the phrase "Keeping up with the JONE's".
who knows

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like I said, I think they may be the creators of the props, the site isn't clear on that. Still, to charge that much for a FCG is obcene even if it is for charity. I know first hand, as many of us do, the thing doesn't cost more than 50 bucks to make. I'm sure it's less if you get motors bulk for mass production.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
My guess would be is that they didnt count on people that knew about props and there building to be looking at this so closely. It looks like a deal for those with more money then brains kinda thing. There are those people that will pay big bucks for something just so they can tell you how much they paid to impress you. sad really

·
Registered
453 Posts
Maybe these people have zero skills. Maybe they can't turn a screwdriver to save their lives, so they need to buy everything. Or maybe they have more money than time, so for them it's better just to buy stuff outright rather than building it. At least they're Halloweening, and that's what's important. Buying stuff vs. making it helps the vendors, and thus feeds the Halloween machine. It's all good. But I wouldn't be bragging about 20K worth of stuff, just for fear of losing it one night. But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do like the crate they sell, that rocks and has breakaway panels. I know there are post for moster in a crate on this site, but do we have any plans for a rocking, breakaway crate?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts